[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

I got 3 TH’s with AM2301’s. Flashed them ok and got them added into ST ok. One TH is very flaky, little orange circle on Configure icon on the app doe not go out, on/off status rarely correct - yet pressing on/off will cause the TH to respond.

Only issue with the other 2 TH’s is that I can’t get Temp or humidity readings. They came in once when the device is configured first. On the TH’s web page I can see the values reported as “nan”. If in Advanced Config I change the External Device Type to DS18B20 the app reports temp of -127 and RH of 0% - after I change the type back to AM2031 (and reboot) the -127 and 0% remain as the TH starts reporting “nan” again.

If seen this behavior described in a previous post, but the OP had not got a second AM2031 to test with - I have three of them - all the same.

Apart from the above - how can I factory reset the flakey TH? I’ve re-flashed it. I’ve held down the button for over 60 seconds - nothing works. Maybe it’s a faulty unit?

Thanks,
Simon

Has anyone had any luck with the Dual R2? I was able to flash it and the SmartApp found the device and configured it as the parent and two child devices.

After that it just sits there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No, it never arrived in the end (thanks, Amazon Marketplace). You’re right that the Touch DTH by @erocm1231 only supports one button. I was going to look at the 4CH DTH and bin to see if they would work.

Is there any way to use original espeasy 2.0 on smarttthings. The version here does not allow for internal rules or http comunication between sonoffs.I would like to to use smartthings while the sonoffs have internal rules.

1 Like

Have you checked which firmware you’re flashing? I made this mistake and was flashing firmware for the basic switch. There’s dedicated firmware for the TH

I’m on the TH firmware.

I have noticed that I get an infrequent report, once yesterday for example.
These are V2 TH’s and I’m on 220v if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Simon

I tried as well back in December and couldn’t get it working. I asked I believe on December 27th for assistance from @erocm1231 but unfortunately he hasn’t seemed very active in this thread for a few months now.

That sucks. Great firmware for ST, I wanted to add a couple things myself instead of reinventing the wheel but I guess that’s what I’ll have to do. Bad thing about closed source, no one to carry on the torch once the original developer moves on to other projects.

Side note… a friend of mine picked up two of these on sale a while back. It looks like an ESP chipset in it, I’m betting it can be flashed with a little work. Not sure what GPIO pins they are using though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0746G946P

Internal photos:

Has anyone seen this Sonoff device on Amazon? Can it be integrated with ST?

Just wanted to say thanks for all of this! Just flashed 3 SONOFF Basics with your firmware and used your device handler and SmartApp to configure them. Flawless – worked perfectly.

Also big thanks from here! Flashed this sonoff Touch Switch and it is working okay. Flashing was not easy because have to solder wires directly to ESP. Here is wiring diagram:

Read from another forum that to get ESP to flash mode you also have to GND pins GPIO-0 and GPIO-15 and put 3.3V to GPIO-2.

@erocm1231 is it some day possible to get firmware to 2 gang touch switch?

Great!! Still need to flash the son off?

I just flashed mine using nodemcu. When I logged into the devices to try and configure, I think I made a few mistakes when trying to set the optional static IP info. I think I will just leave them as-is this time, but now I can’t find the ESP devices so that I can change the settings.

I want to do a factory reset but nothing I tried works. I’ve tried holding for 10, 20, 30, 1 minute+… tried holding the button while powering up… nothing seems to reset the WiFi settings including reflashing.

Make sure are holding the button while it’s powered on.
If still no luck disconnect all the wiring and power it on with the 3.3v power from the usb and then try the reset (20 secs)

Hey Steve, Thanks for the reply. So I did try it in various ways including holding the button while powering up. I did not originally try using USB power but I just tried that and no luck. I will keep trying various sequences but at the moment, I don’t even see it’s broadcast.

It’s possible that this one is dead now somehow.

Just a FYI for anyone who is buying these for the first time and may be reading this. The solder on the main 120V connections is crap. There are fractures on all 4 of mine. Make sure you re-solder the connections before powering up. If you don’t and you do have fractures, the power will arc and literally melt the solder, causing failure… or possibly a fire. I noticed on some of the reviews on Amazon that people were complaining of their switches “blowing up” and a few even posted photos of the exact same parts burnt up. Lastly, if you do have a failure, it is possible that you can just re-solder the connection and build it up thick to revive the switch.

1 Like

Yeah seems like you might have a dud
Are you getting any LED activity at all when you connect power.
Try testing the circuit see if anyone getting through.
Can’t say I’ve noticed any bad solder on mine I’ll have to look at that.

If the LED light has anything to do with it, then I have 4 duds… which I think is not accurate. They never seem to come on when powered up or while being flashed. I have seen it come on occasionally… can’t really pinpoint what is causing it to come on. It will stay lit for a few seconds and then turn off again.

When logging in, I did change Wifi Status LED to GPIO 13 on all of them. Initially, they all worked… I was able to log in and set the settings, but I managed to screw up programming of the optional static IP settings on every single one. They are lost in space now, can’t seem to find the broadcast.

Not sure what part of the circuit you are asking that I test. I can’t switch power using the switch if that is what you mean. If I connect it in-line, there is no way of powering any device on the other end at this point.

Solder was definitely fractured on all of mine at least in one place or another. With low current, might not ever be a problem… but they shouldn’t be using solder to build up the connection anyway. These are definitely not up to electrical safety standards by any means.

This update comment with that firmware also work in the TH 10 ?

No I was just wondering wether the LEDs lit at all.
I had a SonoffTH that I thought was broken as I was getting nothing at all from it but I got it working again…
But for the life of me I can’t remember how now lol it was about 6 months ago I’m sure it was something to do with the way I was flashing it.
I can only get them working now by using NodeMcu flasher , I’m guessing you’ve tried that one?
Btw I find it easier to set static IP addresses through my router instead of the device maybe try that way if you can get them going again.
But not sure if you should use them ones anyway if your say the soldering isn’t any good.

I ordered a FT232RL but I can’t tell what the pins are because they didn’t leave enough room to read each pin assignment.

Does anyone have a photo to share ?