[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Need some help. I just bought a sonoff pro ch4 switch. Put the switch in self locking mode. I have added a dc power (on pic) and hookup the wire as pics. (Hot wire has lettering I assumed and put that into com terminal) But the lights don’t come on. The relay does switch on and off but no lights. Also i attached a pic of the led driver (2 led drivers for 6 leds) I assume I need a more powerful led power supply. Any help.

Hi Guys, thnks a lot for the Effort on this, i´ve been able to Flash Sonoff Dual v2.0 perfectly bridging the Ground to Chip in the back of the plate. I´ve been running 2 Sonoffs but in “Things” they dont show the actual Status of the Switch, any ideas?.

On the other Hand is there any way to disable the Master Switch under Things and just leave the Child Device?. For example in the Dual shows 3 Units, THe device and the 2 CHild.

Many Thanks

I had the same problem, I used nodeMCU and the firmware that says fix for external button not working. after that everything worked like they said. link for firmware. also the espeasy would not flash the newer firmware but the nodeMCU did. hope that helps.

link github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/tree/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-wifi-switch.src

Thanks, my issue was related to confusion about the actual download. I tried right clicking and saving the nodeMCU file, instead, I needed to click the link and then choose download on the next page. I guess everyone else figured this out eventually as well.

nodeMCU and the sonoff.ino.generic.bin made everything work correctly for me.

Eric - thanks for the great work and support. I was wondering if you have any plans to expand the list of Sonoff TH sensors. The newest model is a Sonoff TH Sensor Si7021, and it doesn’t appear to show the Temp and Humidity for a Sonoff TH16. Module flashed perfectly, as I can control and manage ON/OFF on the module.

Found a smart socket that fits. WiFi, uses Smart Life app. It’s the iKustar brand, and it’s smaller than most. It just made it by a hair.

Houzetek Smart Home Switch Power Strip with 4 Outlets https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0758D7VKP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_N84wAbP84X2M3

Does anyone know if these devices contain the esp8266 chip and can be flashed to be compatible with SmartThings?

Hey everyone. So I successfully flashed the first Sonoff wifi using ESP.

I was able to connect to the sonoff wifi after the flash (via wifi). ANd connected to the ewelink App also.

Installed the device handler and SmartApp successfully

But when I go to Discovery it wont find it. Any ideas?

Thank you!

This is the FTDI I bought so I connect a wire from 3.3v on side of board to where
does anyone have screen shots??

Sorry to be a noob

Jon,

Move the JUMPER from 5V to 3.3V at the end of the board, near the 6 pins sticking out of it. This tells the FTDI board you want to operate in 3.3V mode instead of 5V mode.

All of the connections will be from the group of 6 pins that are already attached to the board. You just need to use a handful of them, specifically GND, Tx, Rx, and possibly Vcc. Only connect Vcc to the Sonoff if you are not powering the Sonoff by any other means.

Ah cool yes jumper unplugs and swap across to 3.3v
then in my pic above GND will be top peg sticking out to GND on sonoff
VCC is third down I believe to VCC on sonoff
TX is one below that
and Rx the one below that to corresponding points on Sonoff. Then flash away…

Unless I am going mad…

Thanks didnt even spot that there was a jumper on that litte thing

Tx on the FTDI goes to Rx on the Sonoff, and likewise for the other Rx/Tx pair.

ok cool…those two cross over rest as described…

thankyou very much.

This still the latest firmware from opening post
https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/raw/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-th-wifi-switch.src/SonoffTH.ino.generic.bin

I am using the standard $4 sonoff switches singles.

If you successfully connected it to Ewlink after the flash it seems like it didn’t flash correctly as it should no longer connect to that.

1 Like

Ok will try tonight have 10 to do to add to ST so hope i find it easy.

Hey guys… I just received my first Sonoff TH v1.1 and I am strugling with new firmware. After flash and reboot I am not seeing wifi network. After reading this thread I thought it was bad luck. There is even no LED flash when powering up. Perfectly dead. I tried Sonoff and SonoffTH binaries.

BUT with Tasmota firmware everything is ok. So my Sonoff has to be all right.

Can you kick me to the right direction?

Saw on Youtube the possibility to flash OTA

I have wifi S20 and would love to see those flashed, now i wonder if the method would be working?

I had the same thing happening to me this past weekend. I took the advice of the first post and flashed with NodeMCU. After that it worked for me.