[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Hi,

I’m new to both Sonoff & Smartthings, so I’m plunging in at the deep end.
I got my Sonoff TH working with their own app & Alexa, so I know that it works.

I then moved on & flashed the Sonoff Basic & TH with ESPeasy, following the tutorial, then connected them to my wifi network - all good.

I then went to add them to ST - auto detect didn’t yield anything after 10 mins so I backed out & added them by IP - again, all seems fine.

The issue comes when I try & communicate with them thru ST - in the mobile app under “Things” they both show as “ON” even thouh they aren’t.

When I touch the “ON” to turn them off, the app says “TURNINGOFF” but nothing happens…

I suspect I’m doing something wrong, but I’m not sure what - any pointers to what to try next?

Thanks in advance,

James

Can’t help you much as I’m not sure what it could be.
It should just auto detect them in the search,
But I remember a guy who had the same problem in this page but can’t remember if he sorted it maybe have a scroll back I think it was about 1 month ago.

just throwing it out there…are you using Sonoff Smartapp on the automation part of smartthings to add the sonoff devices. You need to use the smartapp and not the std smartthings add.

Thanks for checking CSgoh - I did use the Sonoff Smartapp to add them -
though the manual add, not the auto discover

Hi jimxbob, if that’s the case, this happened to me once as well… I
deleted the item and added again using the auto discover… Clicking
relishing to refresh and clear the previous discovered ips and it worked
fine after that. Worth giving it a try

Hi BillyT, i am facing the same issue on OTA update fails after reboot. Have to reflash with FTDI. Have you found the issue or the solution?

hi
ive had great success flashing my sonoff switches with your guide i have just purchased one of these

5V 12V Sonoff WiFi Wireless Smart APP Switch Relay Module image
( by mistake) and was wondering if i could flash it the same way as i did with the switches

thanks

Hi there. Is there any chance it is a bug in Sonoff Generic firmware? I flashed my Switches, they were working fine. Then I’ve set auto off timer to 600 seconds, and both switches died, even can’t flash them any more. Tried to reset by holding the button - no luck.

UPD: Seems it is my fault, I’ve connected button to PIN14 and GND without pull-up resistor. Does it mean I’ve fried the chip?

Still struggling here.
I’ve got the feeling I’m missing a step.
I now know I’ve got Smartthings running OK, as I have a fibaro dimmer 2 up & working.
Auto discover just finds nothing (I’ve removed the smartapp & re-added it)
It seems to add OK on a manual add (though it doesn’t then work), BUT if I add it with the wrong IP, it still adds fine - so it’s fairly obvious that there’s no error checking on the manual add & something is not right with my device.
I can connect direct to the sonoff TH from a browser & control it, so that’s OK.

I really feel like I’ve missed a step out…

Hmm.

Found a nice video guide:

Couldn’t really see any differences in the steps, but for good measure I stripped out the device handler & smart app from smartthings, and then re-created them.
(I figure that the flashing must be fine, as I can control the sonoff via the browser)
5 mins later and still no discovered device.
10 mins, nothing.
25 mins, still nothing

How do I debug this?
Can I get any logging from the Sonoff smartapp?

@csgoh I haven’t found a solution. I flashed to the latest version with FTDI and have just left it as is. Please let us know if you are able to solve.

And the device is definitely connected to your home network with password configme?
Does the switch turn on and off manually still with the button… The LED should light up

Hi Steve,

I’ve just double checked - I can switch a load with the button or with the web page the sonoff serves from it’s IP (192.168.86.39).
That part of my setup seems fine.
The place I’m falling over seems to be in the Smartapp.
There’s no way my network could be blocking the scan is there? My router is a Google Wifi.
I can’t see how it can be, as I can go to the IP directly without issues.

Is there logging in the smartapp? I couldn’t find any.

Cheers,

James

It seems like it’s all setup and running fine.
I’m not sure how it all works exactly but I can’t see why it would be getting blocked either.
Is your sonoff turned on with the LED lit when doing the discovery?

Thanks Steve.

Yup - LED is lit.
I also have a sonoff basic. On that the LED comes on when the relay is on & off when off.
It also fails to be discovered.
I’m pretty confident that the issue lies with the smartapp - but I have no idea how to debug…

James

1 Like

Did this using the python esptool. Pretty new to all of this and the nuances of the ST platform, but it’s very satisfying getting things to work.

Any support for Sonoff RF bridge?

Hi,
just flashed today 6 Touch, 4 TH16, 5 Double, all flashed successfully and intergrate in WLAN.
Then flashed 6 WIFI 10A Switch (the generic). Flash is o.k. but no SONOFF-WLAN to connect and configure.
The LED is not flashing.

Try flashing with the NodeMCU flasher, flash successfull, no SONOFF-WLAN to connect and configure.
The LED s not flashing. :frowning:

Any Ideas what happend?

Has anyone the original FW to test if this works?

THX
Michael

Recently purchased a Sonoff Basic & a Sonoff TH… Could not for for the life of me get them to flash using the serial interface, I tried 2 Serial adaptors, an Arduino uno, NodeMCU Flasher & the Arduino IDE… They just wouldn’t respond, despite previous success with basic/S20’s before.

It would seem that lots of people are having problems with some of the recently shipped devices.

In the end I re-flashed them via wifi using https://github.com/mirko/SonOTA and the included Tasmota release. Then I updated the firmware using your bin files. It worked surprisingly well!

Hi Nick,

I’ve been thinking about trying this with some of my lights and I see the functionality is now baked into Eric’s firmware.

Have you tried it yet? i was thinking that if I could flash one of the E27 sockets with the basic firmware I could easily control my ceiling lights with a momentary break switch… I’d just need to find one here in the UK

I’ve already had to discount using the Sonoff Touch as I have an older wiring scheme in my house which does not have a neutral line to the switch.

Adam