[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Yes, the fix is in a release candidate of esp8266 for arduino and I have compiled a Sonoff firmware with it. I just need to test it out.

2 Likes

@erocm1231 Do you know when the Arduino/ESP8266 team are officially releasing v2.4.0 for the library to include the fix properly? I guess as soon as that is done the fix is easy, but I couldnt see any concrete datesā€¦! :slight_smile:

also iā€™ve done some investigating if no neutral is wired in the load side going out of the sonoff but is wired in the light fitting itself, when power is off at the device and then turned back on, the state of it goes into on mode and then has to be turned off via smartthings or alexa etcā€¦ but if neutral wired in input and output of device then power is off then back on again the device is in the off state, which is what i want. weird as i had 3 out of 5 wired without the neutral on the load side of the device as the relay switches the Active inside only and by tracing the netural it almost went straight through the pcb to the other side apart from the internal components it needs to power.

Thats strange! Youā€™re saying if the Neutral to load is connected through the Sonoff board then it changes the behaviour of the Sonoff?! Thats very bizarre behaviour since there would be so minimal capacitance to the board that it shouldnt be affected by it at allā€¦ Also you say this only happens on some boards?

Thank you very much for this Eric!

i have published the smart app and a couple of device handlers (with child handlers) but i do not own the devices until friday delivery

can i just confirm that i need each handler for each device i intend to buy (as opposed the smart app just finds any sonoff kit i add to network)? and also kind of same question - will the 4 CH handler work for the pro 4 CH please?

kind regards

editā€¦ i was in wrong sub menu on github and assumed id need all handlers for all devices plus latest smart app so im sorted but thank you again for your work and sharing

Does the sonoff th act as a thermostat? Turning on and off based on a temperature? I know I can have an smart app doing that, but my idea is to have the temperature control on the device configuration, like a slider or something like this. Is it possible?

Iā€™m having an issue where my Sonoffs are cycling on and off rapidly. This is happening on more than one. I am using an external toggle switch attached to GPIO14. I have attempted to read through the thread for a solution. Does anyone know if there is a solution?

Do you know if this will work with the 433MHz RF version (which also has WiFi) ? Iā€™ve just ordered a couple of those a few days ago, before seeing your post.

Hi @erocm1231,

I have my hands on a UK 3 gang Touch - I would love to test any ā€˜best guessā€™ firmware you have for it?

I flashed the touch firmware you have and it seems to work as expected except only the first switch can be controlled (either via the panel or the app) - which would be expected.

Just an FYI, I am an experienced software engineer if there is anything technical I can do to help.

UPDATE: I just flashed the 4CH firmware and it works exactly as expected with only a few caveats that I found so far.

1. Iā€™m having real trouble getting the Child Devices to work, I have to add the device manually, and then in the tile screen the IP address tile never updates. I think this is the reason that the ā€˜Configureā€™ tile does not do anythingā€¦
  2. There is no way to update the state of a switch (i.e /status is only for relay 1) so it seems that smart things can not distinguish the different states (i.e on, turningon, off, turningoffā€¦)
  3. The ā€˜wifiā€™ LED on the switch is really bright, id prefer it to default to off (if possible) or at least be configurable.

Thanks,
Matt

I have had a couple of my sonoffs lose their connection and I discovered the IP address had changed. Iā€™m thinking I should assign them static IP addresses. Has anyone else had this problem and is that the recommended solution?

Itā€™s most likely just a behaviour of your router, the DHCP address will expire and the router will issue a new IP address, normally itā€™s the same but it doesnā€™t need to be. Also after reboot, IP addresses are generally assigned by which device connects first, which is likely to be random.

I have manually set static IPs (or more correctly static DHCP leases) within my router settings so that it always assigns the same address to each device even after reboot. I wouldnā€™t personally set a static IP using the web interface of the sonoff device itself as this is probably less easy to manage and you run the risk of duplicating IP addresses which could mess up your network (unless you are careful and configure your router correctly to have a smaller DHCP range).

Configured like this I have yet to have a device disconnect or need a hard reboot.

Hi all,

Has anyone had a play with these eWeLink 3/4gang switches not sold by ITEAD? they look like they are based of the Sonoff Touch. Iā€™m curious if anyone has bought or tried to flash them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smart-Home-Wall-Light-Switch-US-Standard-Crystal-Glass-Panel-4-Gang-1-Way-Touch-Remote/32795865298.html

1 Like

Hello,

I am using plenty of these guys in my smarthome setup and having a little problem. When i manually turn off or on a sonoff touch switch it does not refresh the status of it on the smartthing app and as well as on the smarttiles interface. If i click the refresh button on the device interface or after about 30 mins it show the actual state. Is there any way to reduce this refresh time?

Think thereā€™s a option in the config page of each device.
Just type the IP address into your browser.

No that one is not smart acutally. its just remote controlledā€¦

there are 2 options about the interval and one is about the uptime and other is somethling like switch debounce which i have no clue what it means. and also there is no info about what the numbers stands for (min or sec?)

Ah right thinking about it I think I saw it in the device handler.
Sorry itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve looked.

Guys, I have my TH flashed and working with Smartthings. Thank you @erocm1231.

Iā€™m trying to figure out a way to control the switch with the temperature, like turn on/off based on adjusted temperature. My TH is just working as a temperature monitor and a regular switch. I believe it can work as a thermostat, like it was when with regular firmware and using the weWeLink app. Am I missing something? I donā€™t like to use smart app virtual thermostat as a solution, as I like to control my Sauna with the TH, so it needs to be more dynamic when adjusting temperature and turning on/off based on the adjust.

TIA

Flashed a Sonoff SV and it worked properly, but Iā€™m looking for something that may not be possible with this firmwareā€¦ I need to be able to use the button as a momentary switch; I want to open and close my garage door with it. Iā€™ve seen this implemented for other hubs, and maybe Iā€™m just missing it here, but is this an option?

Edit: yeah looks like Iā€™m looking for more than the firmware has :frowning:

What I want is a momentary button instead of on/off (I can do that now by setting auto-off to 1 second, but then the status doesnā€™t update), and status from a swtich on a different GPIO.