[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

If the photo shows underneath the metal shroud then it might be possible with a photo, but otherwise somebody needs to trace which ESP pins go to which switches or the relay - using a multimeter probably.

@erocm1231, any plan to look into the Sonoff RF Bridge? Seems like flashable.

http://tinkerman.cat/hacking-sonoff-rf-bridge-433/

I think I may have worked it out, as the coding states on the lines of something " last save state or save state" so if the unit was on to start with and say for example the light circuit supply was tripped or turned off the. Back on the device recognises that the last state it was in was ā€œonā€ ans so on. Iā€™ve tried it and seems to work

Yes, I do.

@djtonyd You can access all of the advanced settings (like boot state) from http://ipaddressofdevice/advanced

1 Like

@erocm1231 many thanks for all the work you have put into these - and other devices. Just a question from me. I flashed my first Sonoff switch last night. Flashing went well - according to the output. I have tried connecting the flashed switch up to 220v to get it online and absolutely nothing happens. No LEDā€™s flash and no access point starts broadcasting. I have reflashed it - again with success and tried a different mains cable and plug. Still nothing happens when plugged in. Any ideas what I may be missing?

Many thanks!

Hey @erocm1231

Thanks for all your hardwork on these devices.

I have a problem with my POW switch - iā€™m using it as described above. For the first two nights it works fine but then the blue light stops coming on and itā€™s no longer able to be controlled by ST. ST will eventually see the switch exists (it wont be ā€œmissingā€ anymore) but wonā€™t control it.

I have to press and hold the button to reset it, connect to it via itā€™s wifi network again and then add it back to mine. A few more start/stops and the blue light comes back on and all is working ok.

Iā€™ve assigned it a static IP. Iā€™m not sure what else to do? Obviously having it powered 24/7 would fix this - but I wanted to avoid that because in the case of the internet being down at least when the over night economy 7 turns on it will power up as the old basic switch did giving us hot water.

Any ideas Eric?

Iā€™m having issues adding devices. Devices are discovered fine by the app but when I click ā€œnextā€ to finalize device addition, smart app throws an error message

Is this related to opening port 80?

Just had a second switch that appears to flash correctly but on connecting either the mains or USB power I do not get a wifi access point pop up. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Have you reset the WiFi?
Power on the device then hold the button for 20 seconds (I think) canā€™t remember exactly.
But then the Led should flash when is reset.
Turn the power of them back on and it should appear then.

Thanks @Steveuk23 Ill give that a try when I go home for lunch.

Hi does the DH and Smartapp work with the sonoff T1 range/?
https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/sonoff-t1.html

And has anyone set it up in the UK, and does it work well with LED GU10s?

Thanks

Thatā€™s dedicationā€¦
Skip the lunch :wink:

Nopeā€¦ fraid not Managed to find GP100 pinout and flashed but its not working!

@Steveuk23 Iā€™d have been over for lunch earlier if i could have. Sadly I tried your advice but still have a dead switch looking at me on the worktop. The fact that I can flash it successfully is odd. The second switch I used worked quite happily before I flashed it which leads me to think that maybe Iā€™m doing something wrong rather than this is a hardware issue.

Does the LED flash when you reset it?
Do you get any errors when flashing?

Hi

has anyone connected the sonoff T1 light switches in the UK using this DH and smartapp??

And does it work well with led gu10 bulbs?

Iā€™ve had awful problems getting the eu version of the sonoff touch working.

In the end I used https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flasher to upload the Sonoff.ino.generic.bin and then upload the specific SonoffTouch.ino.generic.bin via the web interface.

From the download above, I ran win64\release\ESP8266Flasher.exe.
Selected the correct com port.
Config tab, selected the bin firmware.
Advanced tab, selected 115200 baud, 1MByte flash size, 26.7MHz flash speed, and DOUT Spi mode.
Then flashed as normal. Iā€™m able to connect to the board and configure it fine.
I then navigated to the upgrade firmware screen and uploaded the touch version.

The power supply part of the device fails to to power the board, so my switch is faulty. I can only use it when connected to my pc. Possibly why I had so much trouble getting it to workā€¦ Iā€™m waiting on a replacement now.

In the uk (and everywhere else too) you need both a live and neutral to the switch.

No its as dead as a dodo! No errors though when I flash it - I literally get a textbook response on flashing it - line for line what @erocm1231 shows in his pics.

When you start the flashing process you should start to get moving tram lines going left to right that go on for about 4 lines saying flashing or please wait canā€™t remember now then it says complete, is that what you see?
You could be right about it being dead , but if youā€™re still able to get it into flash mode then there must be something there.

Hi @Steveuk23 yesd I get the tramlines and exactly the same cmd line entries after the tramlines that @erocm1231 gets in the picture he posted. I have tried again resetting it and then leave it connected up for a while to see if the Ap comes up eventually with no change. I am really confused.com. :slight_smile: