[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Hi Mike
I was looking for that to,i have try to create a virtual switch and have it show the temperature in the main tile with webcore but without succes.
What i did is changed the line 94 in the dh for temperature,the dowside is that i dont have the acess to switch(need to old the temperature tile in the favorite)and also rename the dh cause i also have other sonoff th that i still need to show the switch in favorite.

If you find something better let me know!

Hi Sylvian,
i foung Actiontiles.com For the first integration it will work. But all commands go over the Internet to their Server. :frowning:
Can i setup this server at home, this may be the best solution.

Now i try to play with MQTT. There ist a bridge solution (MQTT-ST Bridge) to controll the ST via MQTT.
Then i can use FHEM or Homeassistant (Perhaps some other). Need some time to test, whats the better one.

Or is ther another Frontend for the ST?

Hi All,

I built this custom wiring to FLASH my Sonof. The On/Off switch is to make it easier to put the Sonof into Flashing mode.
Press the Button on the Sonof and then Flick the On Switch for the VCC.
Had to splice two different wire sections with different size jumpers since TFTI header is one size and the Sonof 1.24mm header are not same.

What device do I setup the Sonoff touch as?

Hi, I just bought 2 devices and tried to follow the steps you mentioned. The devices now present the same behavior as described by Dre650.

Fixed it! It turns out the answer was here in this forum. The issue is related to DIO, we should use DOUT. Check this out:

If you have the latest SmartApp it should detect that it is a Sonoff Touch and assign the correct device handler (which is actually just the regular Sonoff handler).

1 Like

NEED HELP! I have flashed the firmware, setup the wifi settings, added device handler and smartapp. I can control the switch from the WebUI but when I go into Sonoff Connect and press discover, it never finds the switchā€¦It just keeps going and going. Iā€™ve left it for hour discovering and still no luck. I have tried adding a device ā€œSonoff WIFI Switchā€ etcā€¦cannot figure it outā€¦Any help??

Hi Erocm1231
Iā€™am having trouble with my sonoff as Iā€™ve flashed it successfully and can get into the web portal/ip of the device through the wifi, but on the smart things app the device doesnā€™t show up?
Iā€™ve followed videos on YouTube about pasting the code for the smart app and the handler etcā€¦ but when entering the smart app (sonoff connect) and click discover no Big comes up, my ip is automatic through my router at 10.0.0.103, also I have a amazon Alexa and did manage to get that going with it awhile ago but do I need to have a hub installed as per the smartthings??
Also I have a basic sonoff not any of the others.

Kind regards

Hi drew Iā€™ve followed your video and I got all the way up to the smart app. I can see the wifi module through my router and view the settings etcā€¦
but when I use the smartthings sonoff connect app it doesnā€™t recognise or find the device?

Questions that concern me is

1. Do I need to have a smart hub installed
  2. Do I need to put in the IP address in the device handler?
  3. Do I need to add a new device in the website to view it? If so what info do I use?

All I want to do is control is via my phone for on/off and thatā€™s it

Hello ! ā€¦

Thanks for all the work on the Sonoff decives ! I have just succesfully flashed a few NEW sonoff switches, had a few problems along the way, for example, I had to use the nodeMCU Firmware programmer utility and set the SPI Mode to DOUT before I could successfully flash the image and have an SSID become accessible.

However, I am having a problem with my Sonoff TH and POW devices. (The standard small 10A switches are all working fine and reporting in smartthings ok)

The TH16 that I have for example has been added to smarthings as a Sonoff TH Wifi Switch which of course I was only able to do after installing the TH device handler. I also found I had to add the device manually, the discovery never seemed to add the device properly.

So, the problem is that the status of the TH is always showing as ON within smartthings. I can actually turn it on and off still, but it is a little slow to do so and sometimes doesnt work.

I also do not see any temperature readings from the attached waterproof temperature probe.

I have flashed the TH16 with this firmware - https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/raw/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-th-wifi-switch.src/SonoffTH.ino.generic.bin

I also installed this device handler on smartthings - https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/erocm123/sonoff-th-wifi-switch.src/sonoff-th-wifi-switch.groovy

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, Iā€™ve tried to get this far on my own, but now this issue seems to be beyond me !

1 Like

Did you connect it to your router by putting putting in your router password?
Try resetting the WiFi on it , hold the button down for I think itā€™s 10-15 seconds canā€™t remember now and it should flash.
Power of the sonoff then back on and try again.

yep the sonoff is connected through my wifi router i can view all the settings on the device and toggle it on and off, still no luck with the smarthings app, so do i need the smartthings HUB for all this to work. or can i just use the app on my iphone and communicative through the router to tell it to turn on/off?

Yeah if youā€™ve flashed this firmware on you need a SmartThings hub.
So you donā€™t have SmartThings already?
What is it you have?
If you donā€™t have any kind of hub you needed to leave the original firmware on and then you could use the Ewelink app I think itā€™s called that supports it then you could connect directly.

I have a amazon Alexa echo dot, and only the smartthings app on my phone. Will these 2 work?

Thereā€™s no point you having the SmartThings app if you donā€™t have the hub you might as well uninstall it.
Have you flashed ANY firmware onto the sonoff yet or is it original firmware?

Ok, yer Iā€™ve been confused with all the info on the forum about the smartthings and sonoff. Anyway yes I have tried the sonoff wifi switch what (ercm) created and tasmota firmware. Both connect to the echo dot and can control locally by manual switch, but I want to control it over the cloud and wifi at home just as a 3rd backup.

SmartThings is a cloud-based solution as well. You will not have local control with SmartThings of a Sonoff. All traffic from the SmartThings app on your phone first goes to the SmartThings cloud, then to your ST Hub, then to your device.

From what I can make out you DONā€™T have any SmartThings products just the app installed.
If that is the case and youā€™ve flashed @erocm1231 firmware on I donā€™t think you can use it outside of SmartThings anymore.
From what Iā€™ve read you canā€™t go back to factory settings either do you donā€™t have many options 29th that sonoff.
You can either buy the SmartThings hub it flash another firmware onto it and use something like raspberry pi with Openhab.
I may be wrong Iā€™m no expert lol
If you have another sonoff that is new just set that up without flashing it and that will do the things you want.

Ok, yer Iā€™ve got more on order I currently have 2 more that already are on the ewelink app which is great, but I want more flexibility with them so
I can control it over the cloud, local wall switch (gpio14/grnd) and amazon, Iā€™ve successfully got the 2 on the ewelink app and can talk to it via the amazon echo but All I want to do is hook up a toggle switch to the bloody thing not a momentary switch lolā€¦ is the smartthings hub / app very similar to the ewelink but loads more features ??