[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

@erocm1231: I did successfully flash my Sonoff Switch and get it working with Smartrhings. But I see a problem as following:

• Turn On Sonoff Switch on Things list screen, I see TURNINGON status. It’s OK
  • Turn Off it. It works
  • Go around and back Things list, I see its status = ON. It should be OFF right?

Anyone see this issue?

Try hitting the “Configure” tile in the device. Sounds like the SmartThings hub IP address did not get pushed to the device.

Hi Tien,
As shown in the attached images, I have soldered a wire to the Ground and used it to short to the GPIO0 (shown with arrow in the image, but if it’s not clear, it is the second contact from the left at the bottom of the chip when held in this orientation) just before I connected the 3.3V. Once you connected the 3.3V, you don’t need it touching the GPIO0 anymore and you can continue with the flashing.
You will need to use NODEMCUFlasher (https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-flasher) to flash the Touch and you should use the following setting, 115200 baud, 1Mbyte Flash, 40Mhz Flash speed and SPI Mode DOUT (this one is important and it is the reason you use this flasher and not the ESPEasy).
Hope that helps
Dori

1 Like

Eric, sorry for bugging you so many times about the Sonoff POW.
I have few and I am so eager to get them going and they would be of such a great use for this community too.
Do you still have plans on getting it working?
Thanks,
Dori

1 Like

Yes I do. I believe that I have finally figured out the crashing bug (which ended up being difficult to solve). Since that was the main road block, I should be able to release something soon. That is, if the bug is actually fixed. So far so good, but I have only been testing it for a number of hours.

1 Like

@erocm1231: Thanks for the prompt reply. I cannot hit the “Configure” tile in the device. Yes, it seems that ST Hub did not get pushed to the device. So how can I solve this issue?

Another issue: I don’t see IP Address and Uptime information on the Tile of device. It should be displayed right?

What do you mean you can’t hit the “Configure” tile?

I mean nothing happens when I touch “Configure” button on the Tile of device.

Thank Dori. I known how to solder a wire the GPIO0 to Ground by following your help. But when I perform flashing the Touch by following your guide, I did not see flashing progress on the tool. Here is some information I see:

Openration tab:
AP MAC Waiting MAC
STA MAC Waiting MAC
Flashes up ‘require (“wifi”)’ and ‘connect.world()’

Log tab:
Note:Detect serial port changed.
Note:Auto MAP serial port.Port–>COM3

Note:Serial port connected.
Note:Begin find ESP8266.

Could you let me know what I made mistake?

Did you remember to select the SonoffTouch.ino.generic.bin file in the Config tab?
Did you set the Advanced tab as in the image?
Other than that, I cant help much, I am no expert by any means.
When I had issues, I always tried to flash again, switch the Rx and Tx and eventually things worked.
Good luck.

Dori

Yes, I selected SonoffTouch.ino.generic.bin file in the Config tab and set value in Advanced tab as your image.
Can anyone help?

@dorigal I have had the updated firmware for the POW running for a while and it is working well. I have uploaded it to github as well as an updated handler.

2 Likes

I have also uploaded an updated firmware for the Sonoff TH as well as an updated device handler. It has the following changes:

• Added option to set frequency of temperature and humidity reports.
  •        Added option to use an external connected switch in place of a temperature/humidity sensor.

•          Added option to adjust uptime report frequency. Made uptime events not show up in "Recently" tab.

•          Fixed bug that was making settings appear as if they were not synced even when they were.

•          Fixed bug that prevented zero values (0) from being entered into preferences.

1 Like

Eric, I have flashed the new firmware and got it connected. Seems like you got it working.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Thanks Eric.
It’s been a while since I flashed these is it still ok to do the update OTA ?
Is it just a case of putting in the IP of the device in a browser to get to the update option?

Thank for the pow .
I have flash also my th10 and have some issue.
The update tile got the red dot,no matter what i try to change in the setting .

I have a temp sensor on it . I have select the righ one in the setting and configure the time to report.
No matter what i choose ,it will report the temperature 4 or 5 time /min.
Maybe something that i did wrong??

Yes, just make sure you update the device handler as well.

@Sylvain I just uploaded a new firmware. Try that one.

1 Like

Is there a physical difference between the regular switch and the TH version? I just received both they look different but from what I can tell just the components are laid out differently with different connectors. Ultimately my question is, can I take a regular Sonoff switch (~$6) and solder a temp/humidity sensor to GPIO14 and upload the TH firmware?

I actually tried this but it doesn’t look like the sensor is reading correctly as I get a large negative value.

Why would you do that?
It’s only a small amount more for the SonoffTH.
I’m a no expert but I can see differences between the 2 for starters the SonoffTH has a fuse.

Mostly for the flexibility to add additional capability. Also, I purchased a set of 6 regular switches and found out I would also like to have temperature/humidity where I plan on placing them.