[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

@erocm1231

Eric I think it was asked a while back, some months ago, but I don’t remember for sure…
Do you have it on the projects roadmap to attempt to get a Sonoff SC to work?

these would be amazing sensor modules for the price!
https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/sonoff-sc.html

I’d be happy to order one for ya if it was ever something you wanted to take on.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’ve added a 10k resistor and things have improved. But I’m still getting the occasional switch on or off when I dont want it.

Often when the boiler clicks in, or an air purifier.

I was wondering, is a 5k resistor likely to work any better? Would you add the capacitor as well, or is this a one or the other kind of solution?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hi Adam,

You could change to a 5k and things would get even better, but your residual current draw would be a bit wasteful and probably nota 100% fix. (also not good for the other electronics on the Sonoff since the voltage regulators would be working for wasted energy). The capacitor would definitely be a good option which you could do in parallel.

If you currently have a pullup resistor going from pin to 3v3, then add a capacitor which is between the pin and ground

This diagram also adds a 100ohm resistor but you shouldnt need it as it is only there as protection if the ESP pin was set to output mode and should never happen. You would want either the red resistor orthe blue link in place.

The other thing to try is a simple capcitor between 3V3 and Ground, but I would try the first option first!

2 Likes

I’ve added a 1uF capacitor along with my 10k resistor. I’ll keep you posted how it works. So far, so good.

Thanks for your advice!

Adam

48 hours with no false activations. Looks like the resistor and capacitor combo solved it!

1 Like

Hi Eric, any update on the POW?

2 Likes

Hello,
Manage to flash and add to ST 21 sonoff switch and one dual.
Next thing is to use a sonoff switch or sonoff TH with a physical switch to control a light.
Found some videos on youtube wich use the physical switch connected to the GPIO and GND of the sonoff switch.
This will make both physical and wifi switch to work, same with TH version but using already present 2,5mm connection.
Two questions. Does the this connection changes the status on/off in ST when using physical switch?
If you have a 2way switch ( 2 switches controlling the same light) how does that reflects on the switches and on ST?

Eric, Thanks for you work on these and the Arilux controllers!

I am trying to use a Sonoff TH with https://github.com/johnathan398/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/smartapps/john-fullman/smart-humidity-fan.src/smart-humidity-fan.groovy

but that smart app needs a update rate of at most 1 minute to detect rate of rise, is it possible to adjust the rate from 5 minutes?

I would like to use a Sonoff SV switch to control my garage door. The push button on my wall has 16v DC constant. When I push the button on the wall it breaks the circuit and the door opens.
I need to have the Sonoff be in a normally closed state at all times. Is this possible? I see that I can configure it to be on after boot. What I’m afraid of is when the Sonoff dies or battery depletes. I’d want to keep the door closed so the Sonoff relay needs to be normally closed even if it’s not powered.

Hello again Eric thanks for all your help with the sonoff devices which work great.I have another question about the TH sonoff .Is there a way to have the temperature on the same tile (in actiontiles) as the control switch to alter the temp settings to make it more like a thermostat ?

First time trying this and I’m having a little trouble.

When I launch esptool a command window opens for a second then closes, I’ve screen shotted it and it says "error: no arguments given"
When I launch “flash” it prompts for the same information in your screen shot. My COM port is 5 (after installing new driver from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm), but what is the other information? (flash size, build)
I get the error “stat ESPEasy_R100_1024.bin failed” when inputting 5,1024,100

Where am I supposed to run this command:
esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM5 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Interesting read here @erocm1231 - the plan is to hack original the Sonoff upgrade process to flash new firmware without having to open up the device and flash with a serial adapter. Might be a couple of weeks away yet as they havent worked out how to change the bootloader (so it supports Arduino bin files), but I reckon they will work it out! Not sure if interesting reading for you, but otherwise I’ll keep my eyes on it and hopefully simplify peoples SmartThings integration.

http://blog.nanl.de/2017/05/sonota-flashing-itead-sonoff-devices-via-original-ota-mechanism/

Also @lalo - Have another read of the instructions and it should help. The key is to ensure the esptool.exe file and sonoff.ino… file are in the same directory, and you open a command prompt in this same directory (to do this hold shift and right click - you should see the option)

Very cool. Hopefully they can figure out how to make OTA with regular Arduino bin files work after the initial flash. Process is more difficult than I had hoped (for regular folk), but glad there is an option.

Currently yes, but I reckon a simple tool will remove all of the complexity since its only the discovery phase which needs to be difficult, and it is a semi-documented firmware process that Sonoff have followed so that might help. Fingers crossed!

Thank you, first time flashing something. Working so far just need to connect to the network next time I’m in the network.

Also, something I’ve noticed about the Sonoff switch, the solder on the screw terminal blocks seem to break very easily. Try wiggling it around to see if there is any play if there is then the connection has been hindered.

I am using sonoff basic to try out. And everything worked as defined. Awesome!! Any update on life of these switches i hav replaced my 6 wemo with this one as they are super responsive [thanks to Eric’s light weight firmware]. So far superb!!!

1 Like

I think you can create 2 separate on/off button tile and link it to sonoff dual’s single relay. My dual is on its way when i will get it i can confirm. With webcore or core it should be definitely possible.

I just got a new Router/AP and was having difficulty with the SSDP of my wireless devices. Sonoff, H801, & my Harmony Hubs. I found that if I enabled IGMP Snooping the issue was resolved. Wanted to throw this out there in case others have a similar issue. The Router I am currently using is the Asus RT-AC3100.

1 Like

Have you made the firmware source available?

@dorigal: Could you please show me how to wire Sonoff Touch to FTDI. I don’t know how to ground GPIO0 as @erocm1231 mentioned.

Thanks in advance