[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Eric, great to see you have got the 4CH device working. Could be a very useful device for me.

Can anyone tell me if all 4 switches can be individually controlled via Amazon Alexa ?

Also I still haven’t got my POW versions to stay switched on with the POW firmware.
Does anybody else have the POW versions working ?

@bennetm3 All 4 channels can be controlled via Alexa or Google Home. As for the POW, I am still trying to figure it out. I am seeing similar issues as you (which is why I am still calling it beta).

@TCPExperts If you could write something up as outlined (minus the sections that you can’t) that would be awesome.

Hello. I am curious if there is a possibility to change (toggle) the boot up state from on to off and off to on by short disconnecting the mains power? For sonoff.

@bennetm3, @erocm1231, I have been trying to get the POW to work for a while. I have that @TCPExperts got it to work (post #497) so I thought that I am doing something wrong. I get it to flash and I can see the it broadcasting. I even managed to log in and to connect it to my network but than it stops working. @TCPExperts, how did you get it to work?

It does have some bugs (still beta). One causing what you are seeing. It has actually been the most challenging devices I have worked on, but stay tuned and I’ll try to get it working smoothly.

2 Likes

hi, I’m trying to flash the sonoff wifi switch and i get the following error:

C:\Users\Frederick Umeri\Desktop\ESPEasy_R120>esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 11
5200 -cp COM20 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
esptool v0.4.6 - © 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
setting board to nodemcu
setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
setting port from COM1 to COM20
setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
espcomm_upload_file
stat Sonoff.ino.generic.bin success
error: Failed to open COM20
error: espcomm_open failed

I’m using the FTDI adapter from amazon recommended in the original post, on windows 7. Ive also switched RX and TX cables still no luck

Are you sure your boards set to use Com20?
Try changing the com port in device manager to something a bit lower and skint forget to change it in the flash instructions.
Have you soldered the headers in place or are you holding them in place while you flash?

Yea, Device manager has the FTDI on COM20. Just to be clear, how do i set the board to use COM20?

In the meantime, ive shut down windows 7, wanna try the flashing process on windows 10

When you copy and paste this

esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM%comport% -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
You delete the %comport% part and put 20 there so yours would look like …

esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM20 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin

yea, i did that. It shows in the output i pasted in my post above

Ok, I’m trying again with a Windows 10 system, is it normal to hang on thebelow output for a while, its been on that point with a blinking cursor for the past 4-5 minutes:

C:\Users\Frederick Umeri\Desktop\ESPEasy_R120>esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM3 -ca 0x00000 -cf Sonoff.ino.generic.bin
esptool v0.4.6 - © 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
setting board to nodemcu
setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
setting port from COM1 to COM3
setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
espcomm_upload_file
stat Sonoff.ino.generic.bin success

No that didn’t happen to me.
I’m no expert I struggled but half my trouble was because I was holding the headers in place.
Once you get to where you are the flash should start with loads of moving lines and it takes roughly a min to complete.
It may just be your not getting it into flash mode do any leds light up at all as from memory they stay of if in flash mode

the green led stays off, but flashes after i get a failure/error message

might be because im trying to hold it in place, but i read soldering isnt necessary, although i also bought 4pin headers on amazon

Yeah I managed to hold the headers in place when I flashed I had to press quite firm and I also bent the pins slightly under the header as it seems to make better contact.
What is the error message you get as I was getting a error message every time I think I had the rx and tx the wrong way.
Once I had done my first though I managed to do a further 3 straight away within 5 mins

Which number pin are you using for power?
The square shaped one at the end? you have set it to the correct voltage 3.3v.
I’m just going if momory now as it was about 3 weeks ago I did mine I think I may have commented further up on what I did

im using the 1st pin closest to the button for power -3v

Then
Rx
Tx
Grd ?
If you just connect the power without holding the button does it boot up as normal with a solid led

pluging in without pressing the button, gives a blinking led, not steady led

Should any of these values be modified?