[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Took me a few days to figure this out but finally got my TH10 working! First I thought the adapter was bricked, then I thought the Sonoff was bricked! A few tips for those having problems…

1. Dont try to install FTDI drivers right away. When it could not be discovered by the NodeMCU flasher, I just assumed that was the problem. When actually, all I needed to do was make the Com Port visible in the device manager.
  2. TX goes to RX! Not TX to TX. Also, make sure your Vcc and ground aren’t swapped. I thought I would NEVER do that, but I did it TWICE!!
  3. If you’re using a temperature probe, enlarge/drill the hole before you put everything back together. With the cover OFF I made the mistake of not plugging the probe in all the way and thought something was broken. With the cover on, Its even harder to make sure its plugged in all the way and stays plugged in.
  4. Only use the flashing methods given here. I’ve flashed NodeMCUs for other projects before so when I couldn’t get the suggested ones to work, I used others. It seemed to flash and complete, but the Sonoff became unresponsive. Dont waste your time!
  5. Use a laptop or pc to set up your wifi credentials on the Sonoff. I tried doing it on my Samsung S9 and got all the way to the last step and the browser just hung there forever not opening the page.

Thanks Eric!! This is exactly what I needed to monitor my water heater temp!!

My devices keeps getting “offline” and unable to reconnect. When I setup the device it will work for maybe 1-3 days, then it will become unavailable. What could be wrong?

I’m using the early version of sonoff basic.

Flash it with the 4ch firmware and it should work. You just need to delete channels 3 and 4. It’s one of more finicky sonoff devices so I don’t use it for anything critical.

Thank you. I cannot flash it anymore,tried with nodemcu and esptools but it doesn’t connect. It’s strange because it’s not bricked, can connect to the web page and with smartapp.
Maybe should give up with this.

Hi.

I am locking for a device handler for Sonoff 4CH Pro. I have tried the device handler for Sonoff 4CH, but it didn’t work. Please help me.

Regards
MacRoy

Flash it with Tasmota firmware, then use the Tasmota SmartApp/DTH…

Hi hongtat.

Thanks for your reply, but that was not what I asked. I’ve already flashed it and it works perfectly, but in order to use it with SmartThings I need a Device Handler. Does anyone have this code for the Sonoff 4CH Pro?

If you flashed with Tasmota…you can set the module within IP of the device.

Which firmware and device handler are you using?

I use Tasmota 8.1.0 and Brett Sheleski`s Sonoff-Tasmota 4CH.

Maybe you can try this?

1 Like

GitHub Integration

Warning

Before proceeding to enable GitHub integration in the IDE, be aware that:

1. GitHub IDE integration is not supported outside the US.
  2. GitHub IDE integration may negatively impact the performance of the IDE.

I can’t use this. I am in Sweden.

You would have to manually copy & publish the smartapp and device handlers groovy to “My SmartApps” and “My Device Handlers” respectively.

How do i do that?

I’ve added the manual installation steps, please follow the instruction - if you have further questions, please post them in the Tasmota (Connect) thread.

Thanks a lot, I am definitely gonna try this. My sonoffs are working 10% of the time with this firmware and device handler…

I hope that this one will be the last time I have to flash my sonoffs.

Have you tried flashing it to erase the current flash? There are some .bin files that load a blank bin and then you can flash again.

Hi erocm1231.

I use you’re device handler for Sonoff 4CH Pro, and I see al buttons in the Smart app, but nothing happens when I click on each button. I miss the lines for configuring the ip-address in the Preferences (edit) I only see this settings - Once you change values on this page, the corner of the “configuration” icon will change orange until all configuration parameters are updated. Password - Tap to set Boot Up State Default: Off - Tap to set Debug Logging Level? - Tap to set. I want ip-address, user, port, and password
Could you please make that happen? I have flashed with the latest Tasmota firmware 8.1.0
When I go in to the device and edit device. Preferences I miss the lines for ip-address and port and user and password. Could you please add them in you’re Device handler?

Best refards
MacRoy

Go into ST on your computer. Select the device and edit device. Preferences should be an option…edit and enter device ip address, that should be all you need. Save it and device should update in the app. That’s what I have done in the past.

Hi paul42.

That is the point that this lines is missing for ip-address and user and password for that.