[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Have you connected it to your wifi yet? Go to http://ipaddress/ and connect it to your wifi. If you have already done that then unplug it and plug it back in.

1 Like

thx. it is OK now.

I’m confused. You say you aren’t getting any readings, but that you have readings of 1045.76 F & 537.6%.

Let me restate that. Sorry for the confusion, I am getting readings, they are just those numbers which in my office I know are not correct. So that is what I don’t understand. Not sure than, if I’m getting readings does that mean my device is defective? So I did use it with the original firmware and I had more or less accurate readings, so I’m thinking the device isn’t defective, but I don’t have any ideas for trouble shooting. (I’ve checked the wiring multiple times). I appreciate the response, any guidance suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you for these firmwares I have successfully used the wifi switch one on 2 switches and they are working excellent. Thanks again.

I am got some of the H801 WiFi RGBW controllers and according to that other thread I am supposed to flash them using the method stated in this thread. So I hope I am correct in needing to go to the link address stated above? That link leads to a page that can’t be displayed? Is there another place I can go to learn how to flash the H801? FTDI cable… is that something I build?

Same process as this:

1 Like

Eric,
It was asked a while back, but it doesn’t look like anyone responded about it. Is there a device handler and flashing/pairing instructions for the Sonoff S20 smart plug?

Interesting, I didn’t know about the S20. Is it for sure firmware flashable?

I don’t know. I just saw the product on their site and figured it probably uses common or similar firmware/code. So I thought I’d ask.

Hello,

I have 2 sonoff working perfectly on my network. I just bought some of the newer TH10 variant and I cannot add them to smartthings. I have flashed them, I have configured them to join my wifi network and I am able to access them through http (as in http://sonoffip/info which reports version “1.0.1”).

However, I cannot add them to smartthings, I am trying to use the “Sonoff (Connect)” SmartApp, try to automatically detect them but after several minutes and retries nothing is discovered. I have already the two old installed devices but the new one is never detected.

Both smartthings hub and the switch life in the same 192.168.0.* network. The sonoff switch connects through a wifi access point and the ST hub directly to the router through cable, don’t know if that does not help but the two old sonoff are exactly in the same configuration and were detected.

Any way of trying to increase the chance of the smartapp detecting the switch? Thanks!

Some more tries…

EDIT: Ok, i was dumb enough to not update the SonOff Connect app to the latest version. I have done it and the device finally connected!

Thanks!!

Sorry for another “question post”… :frowning:

I have now the 3 TH10 sonoff working. However, the temperature readings do not seem to work. I have one temperature sensor attached but it always returns “nan” values for temperature and humidity. The same sensor connected to all three sonoff reports “nan”.

How does the sonoff detect when I plug the sensor? Is there a formal way to connect (always before conecting it to AC)? Is there an easy way to check if the sensor is faulty?

Regards,

Was just going to ask you to make sure you had the latest connect app installed. Glad you got it working. :slight_smile:

Which temperature sensor do you have connected? I did get the nan results once and realized I had not pushed the sensor in all the way. Had to use some force. Also, you do need to have the sensor plugged in before you power up the device.

Thanks for the reply. I had to see the smartthings logs to realize my sonoff connect app version was before you added support for the TH ones… :sweat_smile:

I have the temperature sensor from itead, the am2301. I opened the switch so I am pretty sure the sensor is well connected bit still nan measures??

The strange thing is that I saw temperature measures reported through the web status when I was trying to detect the device with the old son off connect app? But now both the app and the web report nan and in all three switches (same sensor though, it’s the only one I have).

Some other weird thing is that the WiFi goes off if I plug and unplug the sensor with the switch connected to the AC power… Maybe I have short-circuit the sensor… :confused:

Well, if the sensor is pushed in all the way and it is still reporting nan, then I would think it was a bad sensor. You said that you don’t have another one to test with?

No, I just bought one to test. I guess the test did not go very well. :sweat_smile:

Regards,

were you able to load the firmware on the eco plugs and control them in ST?

Did you get the S20 to work? If so which DT did you use?

No - I havn’t tried that yet.

good day;
I find a fault in the software due to a power outage where the wifi signal is turned off and when the router is restarted and sonoff, the latter when not finding the wifi network, is automatically configured to the default network of sonoffxxxx And requires you to configure this again

Can the firmware be modified to retain the configured network even after a power failure?