[OBSOLETE] Sonoff, Sonoff TH, S20, Dual, 4CH, POW, & Touch Device Handler & SmartApp ($5 & $10 Smart Switches)

Wow, very cool!

Did Erics sonoff code and process work on the 12v version? Looking to order some for garden lighting.

Looks like the 12v version has the Tensilica L106 Chip rather than ESP8266 - so thats my plan skuppered! :frowning:

Anyone using these and HUE bridge? I am seeing something strange in the IDE log for the HUE connect smartapp. Itā€™s detecting all the SONOFF device and showing the IP.

They use the same SSDP profile ā€œBasicā€ so that doesnā€™t surprise me.

As promised, here is the thread for the RGBW controller: :wink:

2 Likes

@erocm1231

Noticed something weirdā€¦ Lost power at my house for a few hours todayā€¦ came back, none of my sonoffā€™s worked.

Go to make sure my wifi is up and what do I see? 12 Sonoff wifiā€™s. Re-Connecting them to the wifi network worked, but it was a pain. Any idea what happened?

No, I havenā€™t had that issue. Iā€™ve lost power a couple times and of course have unplugged and plugged these things in a bunch and havenā€™t seen anything like this. Are you using the latest firmware? Also, did anything change on your wifi ssid or security type?

Iā€™m running the first fully custom release you did. AFIK nothing changed on my WAP. Everything else still connects no issue. Iā€™ll try some testing tomorrow and see if I can replicate the issue.

Eric, I have a sonoff installed and working great, but I also have at least 8 ESP8266 of various configurations. I have tried modifying other projects (e.g. absolute simplest ESP8266 smartblinds and SmartThingsESP8266 author J Schreiver of smarttnings labs) to create switch/sensor combinations without success.
Would you consider releasing ESP code for arduino IDE. I understand if you are not inclined to for any reason, and thanks again for the excellent work you have contributed already.

@erocm1231
Eric, awesome work! Thank you very much! I got two switches and they are working flawlessly.

Could you please share source for esp8266? Could be very useful for other esp8266 small projects I have.

This thread looks like some fab work but just bought 3 and all three were just dead. Could not even get the led to blinkā€¦ just junk quality hardware it seems. :unamused:

Man, that is too bad. I have bought maybe 10 without issues. Perhaps you got a bad batch? Where did you get them from so maybe others can try to avoid that source?

Purchased via Aliexpress, took a couple of weeks. Havenā€™t bought the FTDI adapter yet, thought Iā€™d play with it natively first before dabbling with your firmware.
A question about the connection, have you managed to get by without needing to solder the header into the board, as your firmware only requires this process to be done once now?

I have purchased over 20 from the source linked in this thread. I have had 1 or 2 that did not cooperate.

I personally do not solder the headers in. I have cables with the male end. I just slide them into the board and angle them a bit and start flashing. Works Iā€™d say 80% of the time. Sometimes I have to readjust the cables in the board and try flashing again.

I

2 Likes

You certainly donā€™t have to solder them in. I do just for ease of use and down the road possibility of flashing again.

What @raggedrebel92 said, you may not get solid contact and might need to try more than once. These and the sonoff switches donā€™t appear brickable, but since I flash a lot of routers that are, Iā€™m in the habit of soldering.

1 Like

Double check you are using vcc and gnd, and 12v. Try a different power supply too. Look over the board, see if any two solder pads may be soldered together. The caps on mine were all over the place so to speak, make sure they arenā€™t lose or touching anything else with their leads.

A few updates to the device handler and firmware.

• Password protect config & firmware (username is admin)
  • Password protect control (must update device handler and put password in)
  • Hold down button for 10-20 seconds to reset wifi and network settings
  • Hold down button for 20-60 seconds to reset all settings
  • Static IP (you really donā€™t need to worry about the ip with the Service manager app installed, but if you want to do this . . . )
  • Web interface to view and change settings.

You can update the firmware from ipaddress/update. Remember to update the device handler as well.

1 Like

Updated all four of mine without issue! Thanks for this!

I have just bought one of these to play with but do not have a ftdi gizmoey thingy.
Works OK through the eWeLink app.
Has anybody thought of getting these to work on a cloud to cloud basis.
All of that is beyond me but was just wondering.