[OBSOLETE] SmartLife (H801) RGBW LED Strip Wifi Controller & Bulb

Thanks, the previous firmware worked.

Hey Twodaend, i’ve been trying to get my Wifi to show up after flashing and i can seem to get it. after I flash it looks just like yours, Trying to see what you did different to get yours to work? any Ideals.

esptool v0.4.6 - © 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
setting board to nodemcu
setting flash mode from qio to dio
setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
setting port from COM1 to COM4
setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
espcomm_upload_file
stat AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic.bin success
setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
opening bootloader
resetting board
trying to connect
flush start
setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms
flush complete
espcomm_send_command: sending command header
espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
read 0, requested 1
trying to connect
flush start
flush complete
espcomm_send_command: receiving 2 bytes of data
espcomm_open
Uploading 359024 bytes from AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic.bin to flash at 0x00000000
erasing flash
size: 057a70 address: 000000
first_sector_index: 0
total_sector_count: 88
head_sector_count: 16
adjusted_sector_count: 72
adjusted_size: 048000
setting serial port timeouts to 10000 ms
writing flash

starting app without reboot
closing bootloader
flush start
flush complete

Originally I flashed mine using this command in which I was not able to see the controller’s Wifi.

esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -cb 115200 -cp COM3 -ca 0x00000 -cf AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic.bin

@erocm1231 suggested to change the flash interface mode to DIO during flash which then worked for me. Try this command and see if ti work. Change you COM# to match yours.

esptool.exe -vv -cd nodemcu -bm dio -cb 115200 -cp COM3 -ca 0x00000 -cf AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic.bin

Yes I tried that command but still no wifi, that’s why when i saw your post i had to reach out to see if you did anything different… what link did you get the bin file from maybe i can try a different file that has the AriLux_Al bin. At this point i’m trying anything…

Other than using the suggested second command, I didn’t do anything different. Originally I used this firmware, but my Red and Green channels where swapped. Currently I’m using the older firmware before @erocm1231 swapped the channels. I simply did an OTA update to change the firmware, but that was done after connecting to the controller’s Wifi.

AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic Firmware

Ok, Wow, Now on you controller your connecting rx to tx from the programmer chip correct and jumping the two circle grounds together on the controller Right?

Yes, from the controller to the FTDI, I did RX -> TX, TX -> RX, GND(both circle ground) -> GND. I’m using male to female jumper and I an extra set of hands to hold the pins in place as I don’t have a solder iron yet.

well your one of the few… congrats it’s driving me crazy, so you remove the GND once you have it programmed and all the other connectors right?

So I did:

1. Connect female jumpers ends to FTDI
  2. Connect male jumper end to controller. (Extra set of hand to hold in place; GND male pin was bent 90 degrees to connect both on controller)
  3. Plug in FTDI to USB
  4. Plug in controller to 12v
  5. Run flash command (Keep steady hand if holding in place)
  6. Disconnect controller from 12v
  7. Disconnect FTDI from USB
  8. Remove jumpers
  9. Plug in controller to 12v
  10. Wifi then showed up to configure

I do remember that the wifi did not immediately show up on my phone so I checked on my Win 10 computer and I saw it there first. I check my phone again and a few seconds later I say it there too.

Also check you FTDI driver. Supposedly there was a problem with the 2.12.xx driver and you may have to downgrade to 2.08.xx especially if you don’t have the original FTDI. I’ve tried with both and they both work, but may be worth a shot. I use this link to downgrade from the 2.12.xx driver Windows originally found. I have the YP-05 FTDI which came from banggood which from what I understand is not the ideal one.

http://www.ja.axxs.net/ftdi_driver_install.htm

Ok that might be my problem i never download and drivers for the FTDI I just plugged it in and ran it so i will go to your link you provided and follow the insturction and see if that was the problem. Thanks for the info!!!

I tried powering it from the 12 volts as I have seen some have done here and leave the vcc connection out as you can see in the picture, … the led blinks sometimes, looks like still have some communication but not sure, other times just do not respond at all.
I first bought the FTDI that is in some links here but I received the YD-05 that I have read that has some issues as well so I sent it back right away that is why I bought this one,
where can I find the correct one? I will try using another programer, if that doesn’t work looks like I will have to get another h801 :confounded:

Yea I have both and i just tried to install the old drivers and it still didn’t work, so i guess i have to wait for the fix… Thanks for all the help and info… TBC…

where did you bought yours? the H801 worked even after you fried the chip?

I don’t have the H801 I just have the Mini and i got one of the FTDI from amazon and the other from Banggood.com

No it is toast, sorry…

It’s appears they changed the controller board a little. The board I have, starting from the bottom left mind goes R5, C9, R6, R15 Ect… Looks like the old board starts with R2, R22, ect so it is different. Can you Look on your board to see what your numbers are? And i’m talking about to the left of the board at the bottom where the RX and TX are. Thanks.

Looks like we have the same board.

Wow and that’s working for you… well i’m stump i’ve had about 5 people with this board that can’t get wifi after flashing. Well someone with a lot more knowledge is looking into this. Thanks for checking.

Hello Eric, is there a fix for the AL-LC02 no wifi after flashing? Been having a real time trying to get this thing going?
Any info would be great…

Thanks is advance…

I have an AL-LC03, with IR Remote. Can you please tell me if we have firmware for this model which also works with IR Remote. Also, is it possible to share the source sketch. I will be more than happy to try and build the firmware for this model.

Also, assuming that LC03 is same as LC01 with added IR Receiver, I tried flashing the LC01 firmware and I face the same issue as other people with the v1.4 board. Flashes successfully but not Wifi. I also have LC01 board itself and that one has the same issue, no wifi.