[OBSOLETE] SmartLife (H801) RGBW LED Strip Wifi Controller & Bulb

Hmmm, either way you should probably do a settings reset outlined here: http://smartlife.tech/blog/2016/08/22/smartlife-rgbw-controller-documentation/

My issue is with AL-LC02. There are no leds or jumpers. I used the below firmware that was used in the video.
https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/erocm123/smartlife-rgbw-controller.src/AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic.bin

I guess you didn’t read carefully enough. Try the method that does not require jumpers.

“This method might be easier to do with a surge strip with a button attached. Unplug controller and plug back in. Within 2 – 5 seconds after plugging in, unplug and plug back in. Repeat this process 4 times. You can know you are doing it correctly because on the second plug in the LED Strip will light up GREEN, the third it will light up BLUE, and the fourth it will light up RED. After it turns RED, you can just leave it alone. The little red led will blink 5 times slowly and then the RED LED strip will start to flash as the storage is being wiped. After that is finished the LEDs will turn off.”

I tried this. The LED lights don’t do anything. Should i try to re-flash it?
Thanks

Is there any Serial debugging @erocm1231 ? Could leave the device connected to the computer and see what comes out of the serial pins? Could check mine but Im not going home for a few days so cant test myself.

Has anyone gotten an AL-LC02 ver. 1.4 to work?

If anyone is willing to send me a 1.4 version of this device so I can troubleshoot it. I can even send it back when I am done.

I’ll send you mine.

New Question:

So I have these installed in my kitchen, and aside from Alexa for some reason not using the correct colors I speak to her sometimes (I will say "cabinet lights green, and they’ll turn magenta; then I say magenta and they turn blue; I say blue, they turn green. The smartapp works correctly though…)…it works well.

Would it be possible to use an H-801 controller to control pathway lighting? Lightify has pathway lights, but they’re expensive. I have seen color changing pathway lights out there for a fraction of the price, and I wondered if there was a way to get the H-801 to control them.

Is this something I’m going to have to pilot myself?

Just have a question, with this flashing method do I still need the app leddimmer to pair it to the wifi? I have been looking everywhere and I cannot find it, could you tell me where to find it?

Where did you got the LedDimmer.apk app? I just bought my H801 and I have not be able to find the app, if you can send me the link I will appreciate it.

i got it from:

I just got 4 of the AL-LC02 v1.4 and the Red and Green are swapped even when using the default firmware with the MagicHome App. Is there anyway to fix this? I plan on flashing the firmware, but I see @jwosi is sending @erocm1231 one for testing so I might wait a little bit before trying.

I’m using the AL-LC02 and I’m getting the same error. First time trying this so excuse my ignorance, but how do you power the AL-LC02 through the FTDI? I have the FTDI connected to my USB and the AL-LC02 power through the 12v when I get the error.

FTDI<--------------->AL-LC02
TX<------------------>RX
RX<------------------>TX
GND<---------------->GND (Across 2 slots)

esptool v0.4.6 - © 2014 Ch. Klippel ck@atelier-klippel.de
setting board to nodemcu
setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
setting port from COM1 to COM3
setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
espcomm_upload_file
stat AriLux_AL-LC02.ino.generic.bin success
setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
opening bootloader
resetting board
trying to connect
flush start
setting serial port timeouts to 1 ms
setting serial port timeouts to 1000 ms
flush complete
espcomm_send_command: sending command header
espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
espcomm_send_command: receiving 36 bytes of data
warning: espcomm_send_command: wrong direction/command: 0x00 0x08, expected 0x01 0x08

So I guess you are powering it through 12v and then connecting the ground (plus TX/RX) of the FTDI to the AL-LC02? I dont have one of these devices so its quite hard to work out what you mean, but I think the AL-LC02 has some pin headers on the side of it that will allow you to power it through the FTDI - one of the pins should be 12V, one should be 3V3 and one should be ground… Just take the 3V3 and GND off your FTDI and connect to the AL-LC02.

I power the controller using the 12v plug like you. I just successfully flashed 3 more of these yesterday, just waiting to see if the wifi broadcast issue gets fixed. I’m not sure what you’re error is for though

Hello, I bought an ARILUX AL-LC01 for test and look like they used a different esp chip.
I was able to flash it but it doesn’t boot. I cannot see the wifi. I tried with esptool and esptool.py both flashed but never boot.
This is a picture of the ESP
Also in the back, I can see the white pin is populated, so I guess I can solder a 5 pin pad and should work.

I don’t know if someone else had the same issue or chip?

Thanks!

Edit: Probably the same issue like @Drew650

Nope. I just did what you can view in my Tutorial Video to pair it to WiFi.

I can send you a 1.4 version to try and get it working, I did read somewhere it needed a bigger flash rom size

I can send you the money by paypal if you haven’t received one. I ordered it from this link and it is also v1.4