[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

This is normal when SHM Delay initiates a SHM intrusion. Command sequence follows:
Close the virtual sensor (SHM does not react, but insures it will react to the forthcoming Open command)
Open the virtual sensor (SHM should react)
(Issues intrusion messages as directed by contact sensor profile)
Close the virtual sensor with a 4 second delay (SHM does not react)

[Update] Dec 02, 2017 Away Mode false alarm during Entry Delay.

A followed motion sensor is defined and during away mode: you open a door starting entry delay time, walk in, then close the door, trigger the followed motion sensor prior to disarming, creating a false intrusion alert. Updated logic correcting the issue.

Module SHM Delay Child updated, install from repo or Gitub.

1 Like

Hi, I have follow the instruction and I installed the SmartApps, but I still not working. I created a virtual sensor from the IDE and linked to the virtual sensor. I have an Piezo that make a beep beep sound every time the doors open. I can’t find the Piezo in the option for the entry countdown setting.

24474551_10156093689581742_897993211_o

Re: Piezo device.
The app supports beep command sounds on devices that have capability: alarm (generally sirens) and optionally issues an entry delay command to a keypad which causes an on/off tone.
For DLNA or speakers voice and sounds try @rayzurbock Big Talker. I use it with LanNouncer on a tablet.

Suggest turning off True Entry Delay option unless there is a device that can’t be controlled in a profile causing an alarm during the delay time

Should you have other issues please post them here.

Hi, I turn off the True Entry Delay, but the virtual contact sensor not working. when I open the front door, but virtual sensor show closed and my actual contact door sensor show opened.

It would be most helpful if I knew how your system is being armed/disarmed. However, the simulated sensor and Entry Delay, can be easily tested without that information.

Test the simulated sensor with the ST phone app:

1. Tap Dashboard
  2. Tap Armed Away
  3. Tap My Home
  4. scroll to the Sim Front Door contact sensor device. Should show “closed”. (if not tap it one time to close it.) Tap it to open it.
  5. Alarm should trigger. If not make sure SmartHome Security is monitoring the device. (Turn off alarm tap Disarmed on Dashboard then clear alarm)
    No Intrusion alert: Add Sim front Door to SmartHome monitoring

How to test Entry Delay after getting simulated sensor to function

1. In the SHMDelay Profile set exit delay to zero, 0
  2. close Porte Principal
  3. Tap Dashboard
  4. Tap Armed Away
  5. Open Porte Principal
  6. Wait “entry delay” seconds
  7. Alarm should trigger
    No intrusion alert: verify the contact SHM Delay sensor profile info; save it then, save again on main page, retry
    Immediate intrusion: remove Porte Principal from Smarthome if not already. If motion sensor was triggered add it to profile as a followed motion sensor and remove it from Smarthome security monitoring. If multiple motion sensors were triggered then True Entry Delay must be used.

Kindly post your results.

For the exit delay I need to know how SmartHome is being armed / disarmed

2 Likes

How to test Exit delay, assuming no motion sensors create an alarm

1. In the SHMDelay Profile set entry delay to zero, 0, set exit delay to 30 seconds (save it)
  2. close Porte Principal
  3. Tap Dashboard in phone app
  4. Tap Armed Away
  5. Open Porte Principal–>Alarm should not trigger
  6. Close Porte Principal
  7. Wait “entry delay” seconds
  8. Open Porte Principal–>Alarm should trigger
    No intrusion alert: verify the contact SHM Delay sensor profile info; save it, then save again on main page, retry
    Immediate intrusion: remove Porte Principal from Smarthome if not already.

Should something create an alarm during the Exit Delay

• Install SHM Delay TrueExit then follow setup instructions
  • Set AlarmState by using SHM Delay TrueExit monitored SmartHome Routine
  • In the SHM Delay Profile: Set ExitDelay to 0
2 Likes

I have follow the instruction and it worked perfectly. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

There is no LANAnnouncer for ios. Is there anything for ios?

Is LANAnnouncer works fro Amazon fire tablet?

Yes but you need to install Google Play Store on Kindle, and BigTalker on Smart Things
It is what I am using.

1 Like

Smartapp Keypad_ExitDelay_Talker released

For anyone using a Keypad with Big Talker that wants an announcement when the keypad is set into ExitDelay mode, I just released a Smartapp, Keypad_ExitDelay_Talker that performs this function.

Other announcements are easily handled by Big Talker.

Hi, SmartHome Delay is working fine with my Iris Keypad and Arlo Pro Camera & Siren.

But I have one problem:

When the alarm is triggered and the siren goes off, I disarm the system from the keypad. But if I arm the system again and trigger the alarm, the Siren does not get triggered unless I clear/dismiss the previous intrusion alert in SHM.

Anyway to fix this? Because I want this to work for family members who do not have smartphones and cannot clear/dismiss the alert in order for the siren to trigger again.

I hope so… … But I don’t think so.

Goshdarnit SHM is really limited! :cry:.

I dont understand why Samsung won’t add the option to disable alerts in the app or AT LEAST allow alarms/sirens to continue to go off. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of an alarm system. Meh, I guess its time to move on I doubt Samsung will ever do anything given they havent so far.

1 Like

Oh… SHM will be completely rewritten / replaced someday (App V3?). In the meantime, use of a different SmartApp could be worthwhile; WebCoRE, etc.

I understand your frustration and concern.

Wondering why the alarm is being triggered, unless you are testing. EntryDelay should provide sufficient time to disarm the system.

The app triggers the siren only for an optional warning “beep” at the beginning of any “Entry Delay” time period. When the siren does not support the beep command the app issues an “on” followed by a “off” command 250 milliseconds later. When the “Entry Delay” expires, SmartHome is triggered for an intrusion alert, sounding the siren.

Suggest removing the siren from the contact sensor profile and seeing what occurs. Should you still have an issue or the siren was not in the contact sensor profile, contact support if the siren uses a SmartThings DTH, otherwise contact the DTH’s developer.

Hi arnb,

I have a the “Security” routine setup in SHM. I have it trigger a Siren when the alarm goes off. SHM Delay works fine and the delays are setup correctly.

Yes I am testing the alarm, so I arm the system and open the door with a contact sensor setup with SHM Delay. The alarm and siren go off after the entry delay finishes and system isnt disarmed in the required time.

But then if I disarm and arm the system again, and open the door, an intrusion is detected but the Siren doesnt get triggered again. You have to dismiss the previous intrusion alert in SHM for the Siren to go off the next time an intrusion occurs.

My feeling is this is a device hardware, firmware, or handler issue, beyond the control of the SHM Delay App. I regularly perform similar tests using a GoControl Siren that does not create this issue.

One other thought. After triggering an alarm with SHM, try using the siren’s DTH in the Smarthings Phone app to sound the alarm rather than creating another alarm.

So your saying the siren is suppose to turn on after every intrusion even if you dont clear/dismiss the alert in SHM?