[Deprecated as of Apr 8, 2018] Smart Home Monitor Exit and Entry Delays (Version1)

I have a request. I have a garage door opener that looks like a virtual contact to your app. because it probably is… my request is a checkbox that allows use of virtual with a warning.

I’d love to use this on the garage door as it works first try on the front door!!

and here is my garage door device

1 Like

From looking at the device details, I can’t determine if it’s real or not, however it has a Current Status of ‘batteryStatus’ that can be added to the existing test for ‘battery’, allowing the device to be used as a Real Sensor.

Not sure if you are using the soon to be released version or the current live version. However, the update is in both versions. I’ve tested the logic and it runs error free, but you will be the first live test. Kindly let me know if it works.

Appreciate you letting me know the app is working on the Front Door.

So all is working except I don’t get the push notification until AFTER the delay. I’m wanting the push notification immediately so it reminds to me to disarm the system when I get home, before the alarm goes off. Is this possible?

Looking back at your posts. It appears you have a wired system, going through “Konnect” and your siren does not support the beep command, hence no audio warning. I’m thinking I could just as easily code a 1/2 second beep for the siren, using on off commands supported by the Konnect device. That’s pretty much how beep works with my GoControlSiren DTH. Just wondering are there any other audio devices on your hub: chimes, speakers, alexa, whatever on your system that accept commands?

While a notification / sms is possible when the door opens, personally I would not go that route, but it can surely be done and I will consider doing it if there are no alternatives.

An updated release of my app will be released next week, so if you need this ASAP, WebCore is your friend.

When siren had no beep command,

code for a 250 millisecond siren beep simulation using on and off was added and tested in the forthcoming release.

I tested as best I could with my siren, but the GoControl was unhappy with on/off and would not stop. Looked at the DTH beep command’s logic and it is using hardware oriented zigbee commands. Perhaps your siren will behave as desired. Let me know what occurs if you try it.

I have the same issue… I can’t make a delay profile as it says the real contact is simulated - which is likely true in my case. I am integrating my Honeywell alarm panel via redloro’s smartapp.

Quick and simple change, tested with no errors, but don’t have a Honeywell device. So please let me know if it works

It’s in the master and next repos, or reinstall from source

I can confirm that it works now. Thanks!!!

1 Like

New SHM Delay version released on Sep 5, 2017

Please go to first page of this thread for complete documentation and installation instructions. Existing profiles and Global Settings should function with updated app, if not remove existing smartapp, then reinstall.

New features include

Keypad module replacement

This is a forked version of E Thayer’s Lock Manager Keypad module. Improves keypad operation, reliability, and function

True Night Mode

When setting Alarm State “stay” there is no entry delay.

Mode Fix Option

Sets the SmartHome Mode when setting the AlarmState from the SmartThings Dashboard Home Solutions or anything that does not properly set the Mode.

Way Beyond the Basics

For Xfinity and Centralite Keypads – now you can have fully functional Stay and Night icons and modes. (Not for use with Iris Keypads)

1 Like

Just released a new SmartApp, SHM Delay TrueExit, that creates a true SmartHome exit delay. It may be used in conjunction with SHM Delay, and many other SmartApps that execute SmartHome routines.

1 Like

I installed this and was unable to get it to make audible alerts when the door is opened. I have Lock Manager installed and followed all instructions. Could you offer some direction for me to get this working? Thanks

In the Delay Profile: Make sure the keypad is defined and the Exit Delay time is 0, and Entry Delay time is at least 10 seconds.

When testing make sure to set the alarm with the “Away” icon (xfinity/centralite) or “ON” button (Iris), wait for the Lock Manager exit time to pass, the exit tones will stop. Then open the door, you should get immediate entrytones. Any delay is courtesy of Smartthings Cloud Processing and internet delay, occasionally it is significant.

If no tones. Select the Keypad from “My Home” then click on “Recently” There should be a setEntryDelay(nn) command in the list. If not the Profile may not have a Keypad defined, or the Entry Delay is 0

Let me know if that helps. If not please post the type of keypad being used, and all settings from the Delay Profile and Global Application Settings. Also let me know about any other Core, webCore, or SmartApps associated with the keypad.

So the unit won’t make chimes when the door is just opened normally? It has
to be in an armed mode?

Correct, that option is not implemented in my app or Lock Manager. A simple WebCore piston can handle it.

I don’t follow you when you say a Webcore piston…

It a rules engine for SmartThings, allowing you to set up automations that are called “Pistons”.

1 Like

Notice: SHM Delay is a excellent smartapp. I am posting this as an alternative to having additional smartapps/virtual devices in Smartthings. My suggestion also requires some trial and error for webcore. SHM Delay eliminates the guess work in entry/exit delays, ect.

I see everyone going thru alot of work for entry/exit delays and beep on entry/exit with a keypad/phone/ect. I have:

iris keypad (centralite)
lock manager (e thayer Thanks!)
zipato siren (any smart siren will work)
webcore
(and of course sensors, 2 contact and 1 motion for now)

With these four things I am able to have entry/exit delays, keypad beep on arming/disarming, siren beep on arming disarming, siren and keypad warning beep on entry/exit when alarm is armed and push/text notifications for it all. I have done this WITHOUT using:

SHM (smart home monitor)
smartalarm (smartapp)
smarthome (smartapp)
SHM Delay (smartapp)
Virtual Delay Contacts (made in IDE)

I simply have used webcore (or core would work I believe) to make rules for entry delays and beep/siren/push/sms actions. I then used lock manager to program the codes (4 digit for the keypad) and set the exit delay ONLY in this smartapp. I can arm/disarm the alarm from my mobile or keypad or vice versa and it syncs correctly, beeps and delays. All this without using SHM too. The trick is to setup SHM but do not fill any fields for sensors, motions or sirens…leave them blank and then set your rules with webcore or core. If you want more info let me know and I can try to help. Here are some screenshots of my webcore:

2 Likes

That’s a nice solution if it works for you, do you want to create your own thread about it to share with others instead of hijacking this one?

2 Likes

I hope someone from SmartThings reads these forums and quickly decides to add a simple entry and exit delay to SmartHome, stopping (almost) everyone, including me, from making up their own alarm system.

WebCore and Core are Smartapps that run in the Cloud, as do all user created Smartapps and User Created Devices. You should look at the code in these apps to appreciate what @ady624 has created, and fully understand how user logic is executed.

Originally, my SHM Delay app was a few Core pistons: Monitor Contact Sensor, Sound Intrusion Alarm, and an Open Door Monitor when system is armed. It worked, but I did not like the processing delays I encountered, and had difficulty coding things like “was the system rearmed during the entry delay time frame”.

As a long in the tooth system designer and programmer, and a long time subscriber to Occam’s Razor, I converted the pistons to Groovy modules, never expecting it to become a SmartApp.

6 Likes

Yes exactly and well done. ST probably wont have entry/exit delays due to promoting Scott alarm as their security vendor.

I was worried about the delays as well and I seemed to have them to a minimal/nonexistant. I actually recoded and restructured webcore yesterday so I dont have 16 alarm rules. I now have only 7 which really brought the delays (rule delay functionality) down to milliseconds. I did this by having one webcore rule trip the alarm and the each device (contact or sensor) trip 1 virtual switch. The virtual switch is what trips the alarm. Before i had each device trip the alarm in stay and away modes creating alot of rules. The latter works alot better. Your app was pretty instantaneous as well and like I said takes the guess work out of manually programming and reduces delay. I am a network administrator now professionally and got my start in the early 90’s as a alarm service technician (Brinks and ADT and Sonitrol), and really…if you want a reliable alarm system (or anything for that matter), there are two words for it: Hardwired and Local based with a UPS. Its alot easier and less messy to do this wireless though as well all know. FYI…Here are updated screenshots:

Capture

fff