[RELEASE] Smart Weather Station Tile Updater and Severe Weather Notifications - Fix Broken Modes and Repeat Notifications

How did you updated the device handler? Where did you find the code?

I am in no way an expert but this is how I got it back to work.
Create a new device handler (in the smartthings ide) from example tab.
Aplly the patch that RBoy submitted to smartthings github (add the ? In line 218 of the code) and save and publish for me. Now edit your current smart weather tile device and apply the new type ( device handler you just created locally). Update…Done.
I hope this brief summary helps you along. Or wait some days for smartthings to update the original device handler.

1 Like

Just wanted to chime in that I was able to use the new PWS field in the native SmartWeather device with an empty zip code and it’s working fine. It was actually working with the old style “PWS:XYZABC” format in the zip code field too.

Any way to get the LUX feature back? My automation is broken without that :slightly_frowning_face:

The new ST DTH has lux and more

1 Like

If folks are seeing a constant value of 10000 for lux it’s due to a bug in the new weather station, submitted to a patch ST here (and another minor bug)

EDIT: ST has merged the patch so it should be in production in the next 2 weeks

2 Likes

Awesome! You rock! So glad to have this working again.

1 Like

Smart Weather Station Tile Updater with Severe Weather Alerts - Version 02.00.00

• Added support for Severe Weather Alert Notifications based on hub location
  • Option to turn on/off repeat severe weather notifications
  • Option to send notifications to multiple SMS numbers, push and spoken audio devices like Sonos, Bose, Alexa etc
1 Like

Good morning, this is working great for me. One feature request I have would be to have an option to divide LUX readout by 100. It would easier line up as reference against sensors that report only up to 100?

Smart Weather Station Tile Updater with Severe Weather Alerts - Version 02.01.01

• Added support to announce notifications on the new Sonos LAN audio player
1 Like

When I try to add the app, under Weather Devices it has that I can’t currently add this. I created the device per the instructions. In the Type* field I have SmartWeather Station Tile listed 3 times. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I’ve tried using all 3 with no change.

Sounds like you’re using some custom weather device handlers. Delete all of them from the IDE under My Device Handlers and only use the stock built in ST device handler for the weather tile (if there are custom handlers only one will show up in the middle of the list, all custom handlers show up at the bottom of the list). That’s the only one which will show up automatically in the app.

That was it. Totally forgot about custom DTH’s I had. Thanks!

1 Like

The smartapp in top of this thread is version 1.5 (it seems)
Where do I find the code for version 02.01.01?

Hi there. You can find the premium version of the app (v2) on https://www.rboyapps.com. Please see the first post for more details.

Hi,

Just for clarity is the code mentioned in this thread with instructions a device hander or smartapp ?

Thanks

Great question, it’s a SmartApp.

Thanks for that. New to this and just wanted clarity :grin:

1 Like

For some reason the temperature tile in actiontiles stopped updating then started working but all icons associated with the weather are gone.
Confused Thanks

For me (in Canada) very spotty / delayed / not accurate functionality. Ended up taking a different path (use weather info from twc variable.

1 Like