[OBSOLETE] Smart Sump Pump Monitor based on dry/wet seasons and weather conditions

The 1st post of this thread is pretty explicit about what the smartapp can do…

The smartapp monitors the sump pump (using a vibration sensor) and makes sure that it’s running (you can be notified if it’s running properly with detailed notifications).

In any case (with detailed notifications or not), if the sump pump is not running according to the monitoring interval in the smartapp, it will notify you.

Also, if the smartapp detects wet conditions at the water sensor, it will also notify you (especially if the sump pump is not working in the given monitoring interval).

A shorter interval can be set based on weather conditions, so that if it rains, you can be notified quicker. The monitoring shorter interval will be set automatically when the weather conditions are met.

So, there are several conditions to be notified… I don’t see how your single condition in webcore can do this.

Regards.

[quote=“yvesracine”]
The smartapp monitors the sump pump (using a vibration sensor) and makes sure that it’s running (you can be notified if it’s running properly with detailed notifications).[/quote]

You are being notified that it IS running in general, not that it is NOT running as expected.

[quote=“yvesracine”]
In any case (with detailed notifications or not), if the sump pump is not running according to the monitoring interval in the smartapp, it will notify you.
[/quote]

You are only being notified if the water sensor trips. This has nothing to do with actually monitoring the running of the sump pump.

My point, is it is not actually looking at how much the pump is running, merely that it IS. There is no logic like, if it is raining, pump should run more often, and if not, notify. You are only capable of receiving notifications that it IS running, in any amount or that it is NOT running and water sensor has tripped.

You OP is vague in the wording which lead to my confusion.

" * Checks if the sump pump is running properly at regular cycle intervals (every ‘X’ hours)"

This statement, and especially the word “properly,” lead me to believe the sump was being monitored and I would be alerted if it was running out of the ordinary, not just that it was running or not, but actually looking at behaviour and running amounts. If it just said, “Checks that the sump pump is running,” it would be more accurate. But it fits for how the app actually works, which is how we have been discussing. Maybe I just expected more, but if the description for the behaviour was more concise, it would have saved all this as well, and me $10.

Just for example, I expected something like this;

It’s raining, sump IS running, but detected amount of cycles is less than what is expected of a rainy day → notify “sump may be running slow”

Hi,

I keep telling you that yes, it will notify if your sump pump is not working in the specified monitoring interval. See the code excerpt here:

if ((alarm) && (wetOrDry == 'wet')) {

msg = "MonitorSumpPumpV2>** WET ALARM AND Sump Pump ${sensor1.displayName} IS NOT working, IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!! **"
    sendImmediate msg

if (switches) {
        if (lightMode ? .equals("Turn On Lights")) {
            switches.on()
        } else {
            flashLights()
        }
    }

} else {

msg = "MonitorSumpPumpV2>** It's raining Sump Pump ${sensor1.displayName} does't seem to be working, IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!! **"
    sendImmediate msg
    if (switches) {
        if (lightMode ? .equals("Turn On Lights")) {
            switches.on()
        } else {
            flashLights()
        }
    }

}

The development & testing of this smartapp took many hours of work, and you’re telling me that it doesn’t worth $10. Well, that’s your opinion, and I hope that others don’t share it.

It’s always surprising to me that some people don’t value developers’ time. Time is money, if you want me to develop other custom rules for you, I can do it provided that you pay extra:

I don’t see how the code can do this kind of extra logic with the screen shots I posted in my first post.

You should have contacted me before purchasing the smartapp, I’d have told you right away.

This is completely unnecessary. I’ve said I appreciate your work and contributions and have paid for several other items from you. That previous experience may have gave me the expectations of more though. My first post here was a simple question and was met with hostility towards a paying customer.

As for not being possible based on the screen shots, that is just definitely not correct. With the devices monitored by your app, you have all the variables you would need to do exactly what I was expected your app to do. I did with webcore with the exact same data. The vague description of how the app functions left a lot of wiggle room for what to expect.

NO, I don’t have the input variables required for your logic. Each sump pump model is different, and the number of cycles is dependent on the model, its capacity, and the output’s flow (is it restricted by any debris in the municipal pipes when it’s raining? )…

So, I cannot know the # of cycles required for your specific model to tell you if your sump pump is running up to your specs or not…

If you left out the snark, I’d leave this be. You very well could, by making the checking ranges dynamic and updating. You could set default values that then adjusts over time. First cycle of running for each condition would set a value for each particular incidence. I accomplished this with webcore, I don’t see why you couldn’t. Would you like to see how I did this?

Hi, the way I see it, you have downloaded my script to augment your own webcore script.

That’s fine toome, but some dynamic features in my script cannot be reproduced in webcore (i.e. when raining conditions occur). Too bad!

P.S. You should read your own past posts before making any judgment about my replies. I’ve always been polite in each reply compared to yours. Read your 1st and 2nd posts for instance compared to my replies…From your 1st posts, I knew where you were heading with your public comments.

Understand, I was a paying customer who felt mislead by the vague description in the OP, asking a question to the developer. If you think that warrants the type of condescending response you gave me, then so be it. It’s your customers to burn. You could have addressed the concerns I had and answered the question as a business trying to sell a product, or responded with attitude. You chose the latter and I responded in kind. As you just said, you assumed a whole lot and responded in a very negative way. Good luck.