[OBSOLETE] Simple Event Logger

Can you give us a little more to go on? other than it doesn’t work.

Does the smart app have anything in the Logging Status portion?

Did you copy over the Google Web App URL correctly? Is it the right URL? It is looking for a specific URL?

Just a couple quick questions

1 Like

Got it up and running. Was a simple mistake. Forgot to click update when I activated the OAuth settings. Alls good now. I get a lot of logs from my aeon energy monitor with energy.about 40 energy logs an hour. Pretty much is how much I have used since I reset it. But i dont need that many updates on it. I was wondering if there is a way to only pull that data once a day.

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s working for you!

I followed both the Google Sheet and App instructions to the letter, but my devices are not logging any data to the Sheet. I told the app to log temps from my ST Multi Sensor, ST Motion Sensor and 5 Blink Cameras every 30 minutes starting yesterday evening around 5:30pm.

Any thoughts on why it might not be logging?

Is it possible the temperature didn’t change?

1 Like

No, they changed. I just checked the Multi Sensor and it is currently 2° lower then when I set this up yesterday. And one of the Blinks is outside where there was at least a 20° change overnight.

You’ll have to provide a little more info?

Read back through this thread a little. Others have had issues with the Oath and such.

Is the app trying to log? Anything in live logging?anything in app on top where it tells you what it’s done?

Need more info to throw suggestions than not working. Read back in thread and see what others have found and tried.

1 Like

Also I don’t think you can tell it, when to read the temperature and log it. It will log all the temperature events in smarthings from the devices you pick. I believe the time thing is how often it writes the data to your Google sheet.

1 Like

Oath looks fine.

Live logging on the IDE does not show either the Multi or the Motion I’ve set to log (it does show all the cameras)… but it seems to be really slow adding devices to the list (is that normal?). Even opening and closing the Multi a couple of times does not make it show up on the logging list.

Here is what the top of the app shows…

Alright, live logging finally displayed something for the Event Logger…

I’m assuming that “blacklisted. @ line 593” is a bad thing.

We might have to wait for @krlaframboise to chime in.

While your waiting, I would verify your Oath and that clicked update and you saved the Oath. Also verify your link to your sheet is correct, no spaces, using the right one ect…

Just listing things others did wrong or missed.

I think that’s just a generic message it writes for a variety of different reasons.

Try publishing the Google Script again, but make sure you set the permission setting to “All Users including anonymous” and change the version field to new.

Okay, I did those two things again. The IDE is now rebuilding it’s logging list. I’ll report back what it says when I get back tonight or tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help.

I don’t understand what this means??

Sorry, been busy this week and have not had time to play with this.

By “rebuilding”, I was referring to how when you first log into the IDE and click on Live Logging that none of your devices/Smart Apps are listed up at the top initially. It takes a few minutes for that list to populate. And for whatever reason, the Simple Event Logger takes a long time to show up in Live Logging for me.

And the issue of nothing being logged to the Google Sheet continues… been running over a week now with definite temp changes and nothing.

THis is the current error it gave…

9bf8a3a3-bbfb-4959-8a31-d0e5003c7bca 7:50:44 PM: error java.lang.SecurityException: Endpoint https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbz66qV5ji59LqNtF9ZRKUeCcsfF9JZL2pVxd
VOUH7w9fe1-J7Q/exec is blacklisted. @ line 593
9bf8a3a3-bbfb-4959-8a31-d0e5003c7bca 7:50:44 PM: debug SmartThings found 1 events between 03/12/2017 19:21:36 and 03/12/2017 20:21:36, posting them to Google Sheets Web App

Live Logging isn’t a list, it’s literally live logging. Only log entries that occur after you open that window will be shown there. The Simple Event Viewer SmartApps runs on a schedule so if you have it set to run every 5 minutes, it could take up to 5 minutes to see any log entries for it.

Removing the line break from that url will fix the problem, but you should delete that sheet and start over because you just posted your live url.

1 Like

Thanks, I do understand that Live Logging is logging data live. What I did not know is that the IDE page would not show a device/app until it logged an event. But Live Logging does build a list of devices/apps at the top of the page. When you first open the LL page, the only thing up there in blue is All. Then as you pointed out, when an event happens, it will added the associated device/app to the list in blue up top.

I removed both the Google Sheet and the SmartApp from my ST app and reinstalled both from scrtach (not the IDE code though). I also manually entered the URL to avoid any line break issues.

Let’s see what happens.

And this is what I’m now getting in Live Logging:

5:06:21 AM: warn Unexpected response from Google Sheets Web App: Failed with status code 404

5:06:21 AM: debug SmartThings found 4 events between 03/20/2017 01:50:09 and 03/20/2017 02:50:09, posting them to Google Sheets Web App

Google says code 404 is a permissions things, so I went back into the Sheet script area and this what I found:

So it looks like I have the permissions setup correctly.