[OBSOLETE] Simple Event Logger

Has anyone come up with a good way to automatically delete any rows older than some limit (eg 1 week / 1 month)? I’d like to keep the sheet a manageable size, and for most of my purposes if something happened a long time ago I don’t care about it any more.

I am getting duplicate entries as well, and they do NOT show up in the event list in IDE. In fact a full third of all my entries are duplicates! The charts are useless since I need a pivot table to from them. I get big spikes because it sums the numbers together. I found an add-on to remove duplicates but that is a huge hassle and it means I can’t embed the charts.

If it’s not working for you then use the google sheets logging SmartApp instead.

I just setup the Simple Event Logger and it is working fine. But the one piece of information I was hoping to capture is not showing up. Specifically, I am trying to capture the Info lines as shown in the SmartThings Live Logger.

Is this even possible?

I got this working logging the temperature setting from a thermostat. For testing purposes, I set the interval to 10 minutes, and sucessfully logged two entries.

After receiving the two entries, I began tinkering with a chart. At this point, entries on the spreadsheet stopped. I’m not sure if the charting did it or if it was something else. Any suggestions to troubleshoot? I know I can recreate quickly, but I’d like to figure out what broke it.

I don’t believe this is possible.

Check Live Logging for errors. I know that changing the formatting of the first column can cause problems, but other issues seem to be random so it’s sometimes easier to just re-create the sheet. I always play around with a copy instead of the live sheet and I’ve never had an issue with mine breaking.

I did re-create, but it turns out that the thermostat just reports sporactically. I wound up logging other devices for testing, and they report more frequently. So it’s working fine!

Thanks!

1 Like

@krlaframboise
I’m having some problems getting this installed. Any help would be appreciated. I have multiple smartapps linked to my IDE from GitHub, but can’t seem to figure this one out.

I have gone into My SmartApps>Settings> and added the correct info for the repository. After completing this and going into Update From Repo>SmartThings Master I can see all of the different “readme” and “.groovy” files. If I check all of these and try to install I get this error:::
Oh No Something Went Wrong
Error

500: Internal Server Error

URI

/ide/app/doRepoUpdates

I assume I need to install these in a certain order but I can’t seem to get them all installed. What am I doing wrong???

The only file you should be selecting is the groovy file.

This is a great app! I am a SmartThings newbie but got it to work right away. I am however having the same issue as @yosarian with the date format. My locale is set to US, I created a new G sheet but the date is still coming in as a long integer and reformatting to date/time doesnt change anything. I noticed however that the date/time format appears broken in the SmartApp as well (both Events From/To dates have the same issue).

Am I the only one?

Go into your location settings in the IDE and make sure your time zone is set.

Thanks, the location was set properly. What ended up fixing it was opening the new SmartThings app, the log dates/times appeared correctly there. When I went back to the classic they were also fixed and the G sheet date are OK now.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! I have everything working and reporting into Google sheets, but I have a problem with getting the graph to display correctly.

The problem I’m having is under “Event Name” I get 2 categories, energy and power, which ideally should be under separate columns. What I would like to do is create a different graph for each so I can see current power vs total power, or at least be able to combine the 2 into one graph using 2 lines.

Do you know what syntax I need to use to get the graph to read data based on the “event name” category so it’s not just reading both category values together in one line?

Don’t have a lot of syntax experience with Google Sheets, so I appreciate the help.

This SmartApp was designed to keep a history of all events so you have to use a pivot table and then crates the graphs out of that.

If you don’t need every event then you’re better off using Google Sheets Logger (or something like that) because it stores the data in a way that makes it easier to graph.

Hi there, I’m having a problem with the short date and time. I’m getting this error: Capture

You might want to start with a new sheet and make sure you don’t change any of the formatting in it.

Tanks for the Great work

1 Like

@krlaframboise
This new blockchain logger in the forum is immutable which is pretty cool but no graphing capability, wondering is there is a way to combine both

Hi.
Getting som sort of error with the date.
Someone know why ?
Se pictures.