[OBSOLETE] Simple Event Logger

You have to manually add the app using the “Add a SmartApp” button at the bottom SmartApps tab in the mobile app.

I’m not sure about your script, but I have my built-in archive feature set to 5,000 and I haven’t had any problems with it stopping.

Things stop working here too… My graphs are flat since around 3 am this morning, looks like logger is not able to log into the cvs anymore most likely same thing. Tried to redeploy same thing.

Ok after messing around with it. I suspect the problem had to do with the google sheets and google trying to protect my privacy, by flagging application as unsafe. After I mark Simple event logger as trusted app developer everything start working again.

1 Like

Simple Event Logger seems to a a solution I could take advantage of. The installation instructrions are pretty clear. Unfortunately I can’t get the smart app to show up on my phone in the MyApps section. WHen I click on Add a SmartApp, I get the list of apps but the one I crated is not listed. Could someone point me in the correct direction?
Thanks

If you installed and published the code in the IDE, it should be listed in the “My Apps” section of the “Add a SmartApp” screen.

I was able to get it to work. I juste need to change the the namespace in the logger code

The namespace doesn’t matter. Are you sure you clicked publish the first time?

I just installed everything as you instructed, but seem to be hung up on the following error:

2:23:10 PM: error java.lang.SecurityException: Getting properties on class java.lang.NullPointerException is not allowed @line 778 (getFormattedLocalTime)

I am getting it every 5 min when the app runs and no logs are populated into google sheets. Any suggestions? Thank you

Make sure your time zone is set in your location settings.

Thank you so much!! I am in business. Sorry for the basic question.

1 Like

I created the google spreadsheet and setup the smartapp on mobile but when i try to save it I get “Error saving page”. I checked the URL I am using on my mobile and it is fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Have you checked live logging to see if it logs any errors when you try to save?

Just checked that. Here is what I get:

java.lang.SecurityException: Getting properties on class java.net.URISyntaxException is not allowed @line 489 (verifyGSVersion)

I am trying to configure this in the smartthings mobile app. Is that the correct way?

I’m stuck at this error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

java.lang.SecurityException: Getting properties on class java.net.URISyntaxException is not allowed @line 489 (verifyGSVersion)

I have the same issue, is it supported on the newer SmartThings iOS app vs. the classic SmartThings iOS app? In the new app there is not a tab called “Automation”, rather it is “Automations”, within the Automations tab I don’t see “Add a SmartApp” but rather a “+” in the top left, when selected the choices are “Custom Automation” which builds an automation from scratch like IFTTT. The only other automations shown are and hand full of “Recommended” ones. What am I missing?

If you’re using custom SmartApps or DTHs I’m pretty sure you have to use the Classic app.

1 Like

How did you mark it as trusted app developer? I seem to be having the same problem.

I got email on my gmail account giving me the list of all the apps that I have been using from there I was able to navigate and mark the app as safe. Not sure if there is any other way to navigate