[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

Yes, changing to all lower-case “master” brought it back. Also, thanks for the tip on getting the color coding back (although it was painfully sad to delete the Rule Machine repo).

I thought the same thing as I deleted it, but the Alpha version of CoRE can already do almost everything that Rule Machine could…

Hello, can some one please help.
I am sure that I’m just doing something really stupid. or perhaps I just have the wrong name?

I have done the above setup for GitHub integration but I see every thing except for “simple Device Viewer” in the list! (shown below)

New (only in GitHub)

devicetypes/krlaframboise/aeon-labs-multifunction-doorbell.src/aeon-labs-multifunction-doorbell.groovy			

devicetypes/krlaframboise/aeon-labs-multifunction-siren.src/aeon-labs-multifunction-siren.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/aeotec-doorbell.src/aeotec-doorbell.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/alarm-switch.src/alarm-switch.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/blink-wireless-camera.src/blink-wireless-camera.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/gocontrol-contact-sensor.src/gocontrol-contact-sensor.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/gocontrol-multifunction-siren.src/gocontrol-multifunction-siren.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/leaksmart-water-valve.src/leaksmart-water-valve.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/polling-cree-bulb.src/polling-cree-bulb.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/polling-ge-link-bulb.src/polling-ge-link-bulb.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/thingshield-timer.src/thingshield-timer.groovy						

devicetypes/krlaframboise/virtual-presence-sensor.src/virtual-presence-sensor.groovy

If you’ve already installed the latest version of the SmartApp you won’t see it in the “New (only in GitHub)” column. The next time I release an update and you go to update from repo, the new version should appear in the “Obsolete (updated in GitHub)” column.

I just realized that all of the items displayed in that list are my Device Handlers so I think you’re in the wrong section of the IDE. You need to set this up from the “My SmartApps” screen.

yep it figures, I was just being stupid! :blush:
Thanks

Is this available in the smartapp marketplace on my mobile device or do I need to do a manual install? I can’t seem to find it in there but to be fair that list appears to have been static for years.

Manual…

I submitted it to be published 3 months ago, but it will probably be another year before they even look at it.

You can use GitHub integration instead of having to copy and paste the code every time I do an update.

Ower: krlaframboise
Name: SmartThings
Branch: master

1 Like

Will it matter if my temperature sensors report in celsius? Would I just put the celsius temps in the low and high fields you have? Or do I convert them in your App to their Farenheight equivilants?

Thanks

I use Celcius with no issues.
Just use the Celcius parameters that you want.

1 Like

Clearly I have done something wrong. I set everything up, and was able to see my motion, temp, all grouped together nicely. I love the way this works!!! :tada:

Then I closed the app and went back to it later and its in the set up mode again. Like it didn’t save anything. Am I doing this wrong? Should I be ‘going it it’ in a different way other than through My Apps?

I just tried it again, and hit all the Done. And when I went back in everything was gone again… :cry:

Yes - if you go to marketplace my apps you are installing another instance of the app. Go to the hamburger menu (top right) and press on smart apps

I probably should have made the disclaimer about that bigger, but when you install it from the Market Place, don’t bother configuring anything, just keep pressing done until it closes out of the app.

Then go into the hamburger menu like @greg mentioned and open it from there.

You don’t have to do it this way, but it ensures that you won’t waste time setting it up and then accidentally hit the back button and lose it all. That’s only a problem the first time it’s installed.

That’s good to know.

Thanks

Thanks. I did read that, but missed that part. I thought set it up, then hit done til you are out, then set it up. But clearly hamburger menu is the way to go. After setting it up there, can I go back in through Marketplace? Or always through hamburger menu?

And why on earth is it called ‘hamburger menu’…I’ve always wondered… :slight_smile:

oh….https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger_button

Don’t use the marketplace unless you want to install another instance of it.

1 Like

.[quote=“krlaframboise, post:172, topic:42481”]
Don’t use the marketplace unless you want to install another instance of it.
[/quote]

Will do. Thanks

I’ve got the Samsung SmartThings-branded smart outlet. However, it basically is always over my “last event” threshold because the only events that it seems to handle are turning it on/off. The outlet isn’t used all the time (mostly just for crockpot meals) so that’s why it is past my threshold, but it seems like it would report something to the hub every now and then. I’ve tried the polling feature and the “Advanced Last Event Check” and neither seems to help. Am I just out of luck with this device?

Which Device Type Handler is it using?