[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

It is still working.

Thank you.

I thought I had subscribed to this thread, but apparently not, so totally missed this notice. 8/17 came and went and I had no issues, but tonight I basically got a notice that every device is offline when in reality it is not. Did something change recently that might have caused this or is it unrelated? I did notice I have been running around changing sensor batteries over the last few days but just chalked it up to them hitting their end life around the same time. I use a bunch of visonic contact sensors which register 1% for like 6 months and this app is a lifesaver to avoid having to get spammed by ST every day for a bunch of sensors. I will be so sad the day it stops working.

All my hue lights think they are offline to SDV unless I actually turn it on or off so for now all hue lights unselected as devices. Everything else seems fine tho

Is it possible this has come to pass just now (rather than on 8/17)?

Starting last night I have been getting Last Event Alerts for devices that seem to be working fine. If this is the end, so be it, I definitely appreciate the support @krlaframboise .

Thanks … Mike

The app can detect if a device is offline by the online/offline status or the last event date/time.

The status part still works so if all your devices report that then set the last event threshold to a high value so that it’s less likely to send false alerts.

I check online status every twelve hours for devices. This has functioned well until just recently, with all devices showing a green circle and check mark, as online. Now, out of the blue, I have two devices indicating that they are online, but with a yellow triangle and exclamation mark.

Why is this happening, instead of the usual green circle with check mark? Can I fix this? Thanks.

Anyone else having issues opening any settings page in SDV? Was working this morning, but has been giving errors for the last few hours. This is on both android 11 and also on ios 14.4

Working fine for me.

Are you still having problems or were you originally trying it while ST was having issues?

I was until I get tired of it yesterday, deleted the smartapp, and reinstalled. All is fine now. Thanks, Kevin.

Kevin,
I really like the Simple Device Viewer and use the web version to monitor batteries. With the ADT hub going away and the classic app retiring I need to make some changes. Does this viewer work in the SmartTHings App

The classic app was retired a while ago and I haven’t heard any complaints so I’m pretty sure everything is still works as expected.

It won’t work after SmartThings retires the IDE, but they haven’t announced a date yet so I suspect it won’t be until the end of the year.

1 Like

I am having an issue with simple device viewer.

When I try to open it, I get the following message:
“We’re having trouble connecting. check your network connection and try again.”

As it stands now, I am not able to open the app at all. No other apps exhibit this behavior. Any ideas as to what I need to do to fix it? Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response…

Usually that error is caused by it timing out while trying to load the details of all the devices you selected.

When you installed the SmartApp and selected your devices did you select a lot of devices and/or select them multiple times?

If you’re stuck and can’t edit or delete the SmartApp then go into the Locations screen of the IDE, click “List SmartApps”, click “Edit” which is near the top of that screen, and then click the “uninstall” button next to “Simple Device Viewer”.

No worries,

I dont use smartthings any more. I moved to hubitat. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Does anyone else experience duplicate notifications? I’ve got all the notification settings turned off in smartapp yet still get them (wish I could shut them off entirely) but get duplicates for them all.

Those notifications aren’t being sent by the Simple Device Viewer SmartApp.

1 Like

Hello, I believe there is a bug when trying to view Batteries.

I have the options set to ‘Sort by Battery Value’ in the Other Settings menu.

However, as you can see when a decimal value is displayed the sorting feature does not work.

I won’t be porting this SmartApp so it will stop working when the Groovy platform is retired.