[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

Can you post a screenshot? Make sure the url in the address bar and the textbox at the bottom are NOT included in your screenshot

This is just an example, but the icons don’t show any any pages.

in case the uploaded picture isn’t working… http://imgur.com/PojXmls

Using the browser that you’re having problems seeing the dashboard icons, click this link and let me know if you see the battery icon.

No, that page doesn’t even load. I tried multiple browsers with no luck. Although, I’m starting to think my job is blocking that site because I can get to the link from 2 different phones with no problem. I’ll try the link from a computer at home to confirm, but I’m pretty sure it’s just being blocked at work. Thanks.

That was going to be my next question. If you use chrome, press F12 while on that page and then click the “Console” tab, you’ll most likely see a bunch of red proxy or access denied errors.

There’s a field in the “Other Settings” section that allows you to change the location that it looks for the images.

If you have access to another web server, Amazon AWS or possibly even Google Drive (haven’t tried it), you can copy all the images from the Simple Device Viewer folder of my Resources github repository and change the base url in that field.

I built that in so users could use their own icons, but it would solve your problem.

@krlaframboise Some of use use outlet switches with sirens plugged into them. Would it be possible to be able to check/add select switches to sirens.

1 Like

No, but you should be able to use my Alarm Switch device handler to make your switch look and behave like an alarm in SmartThings so it would automatically appear on the alarms page.

If you decide to use it, create a new device handler with that code, open your switch from the IDE, and change the “Type” field to “Alarm Switch”. (it will be near the bottom of the list)

1 Like

Thanks, this alarm switch DH worked great with the MP generic switch outlets and siren horns. Though i am curious why it asks if the siren is a strobe, siren, or both, other then for labeling purposes.

I don’t mean to sound ignorant here, but how do I get the Simple Device Viewer on the latest version of SmartThings?

It determines which event (siren, strobe, both) gets created and displayed in the Recently tab.

I’m not sure what you mean by “latest version of SmartThings”, but if you’re unfamiliar with how to install custom SmartApps and Device Handlers, I recommend reading:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Using_Custom_Code#Using_a_Custom_Device_Handler

1 Like

Thanks so much! I was also pointing to the wrong server. Quick question, is it possible to use the Simple Device Viewer to see devices on all of my hubs?

I’m not sure, I only have 1 hub so it’s not something I can test.

I have 3 hubs connected with my account and use Simple Device Viewer on all of them at the same time. They are like any other app that you can install and associate with any or all of multiple hubs. HTH! -T

I don’t believe the SmartApp has a way to see the other devices, but you can display them all in separate columns of a web page like:

If that’s something you want to do, copy the code below into notepad, change the 3 urls to the urls shown in the SmartApp instances and save the file with a .html extension.

You may need to go into the dashboard settings and change it to 1 column, condensed view, and menu position bottom.

<html>
  <head>
<title>SmartThings</title>
<style>
#table{display:table;}.row{display:table-row;}.cell {display: table-cell;padding: 20px; width:30%;}
</style>
  </head>
  <body>    
<div id="table">
  <div class="row">
    <div class="cell">
      <h5>Hub 1</h5>
      <iframe width="100%" height="2000" src="https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/token/..."></iframe>
    </div>
    <div class="cell">
      <h5>Hub 2</h5>
      <iframe width="100%" height="2000" src="https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/token/..."></iframe>
    </div>
    <div class="cell">
      <h5>Hub 3</h5>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>
  </body>
</html>
1 Like

Has something changed since Wednesday? I was out of town and cellphone range Monday morning to Friday night, and I noticed today that I did not get any last event notifications since Wednesday…

Checked the viewer, and it says I haven’t had any devices report in 4 days, not sure where to look in logging for any ideas…

Everything seems to be working fine. What is the devices screen in the IDE showing for last activity?

Nothing looks incorrect there. I know I’ve got a dead battery in the master bedroom and den window sensors. I tried the refresh data button this morning, with no effect, but it seems to have resolved it now. Not sure what happened that it stopped checking on Wednesday…

SDV for reference:

Xiaomi buttons and recessed sensors:

SmartThings Sensors:

Hello,
Thanks for developing this app - very useful for several things that I needed!
One question - my temperature sensor in my freezer is reporting temps below zero F ( I have no idea is this is the true temp or not) - is there a way to set a low temp threshold lower than zero to avoid regular alarms in this situation? I really only care about the temp if gets ABOVE a certain threshold.

Thanks for your help

The low temperature threshold field accepts negative numbers, but I think you have to use an Android device to set it because the iOS app’s keyboard doesn’t give you that option.