[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

V2 hub. From the looks of it, it seems to be the xiaomi sensors and buttons is not reporting correctly with.

If you open that device’s settings in the IDE, what does it show for “Last Activity At”?

Ah, that’s where you’re getting the info from. I’ve modded the handlers for quieter devices and I show parsed events even though the “Last Activity” shows 9 hours ago, I can see the xiaomi sensor sending battery stats every hour.

I’ve found that using that field is less resource intensive and more accurate for most devices, but I’m still using the old method as a fallback if that field comes back null.

I’ll add a setting that allows you to enable both checks so that it uses whichever one is more recent.

2 Likes

Just a suggestion, could we make that an option for just devices which need it?
eg add a list of devices to a dual check list?
This way it’ll minimise impact on resources.

1 Like

Not easily, but I’m adding a setting that allows you to enter the number of hours a device has to be behind before it manually checks the history.

Will that work?

That sounds pretty good to me. That’ll keep the number of requests down to a minimum I think. Just difficult to explain the option to most people who do not understand though. LOL

It’s taking me a lot longer to figure out how to label the setting than it did to implement the change.

1 Like

I just published the new version and you can find the setting in the “Other Settings” section… The default value is 12 hours and you can set it as low as 1 hour.

All my devices were up to date so I couldn’t completely test it.

1 Like

Just tested it @krlaframboise and it’s showing all my devices being up to date! Excellent stuff!

1 Like

Question/Thought: Is there a way to push notifications directly into MacOs while not relying on a service like IFTT or PushBullet?

I don’t know. I only use PC and Android.

Hi Kevin - I just installed your app on my Android and get an error building the dashboard. Any ideas?

Did you enable OAuth?

Maybe i missed the ability, but is there a way to get a notification if a device goes offline after a set amount of time? I tried using it to notify me of non activity as that appeared to be the only way to handle this request, but it sends a lot of false notifications. Any input would be a great help. Thanks for your work!

This SmartApp was developed primary for viewing devices so the notification feature is limited. There’s another SmartApp called something like Device Monitor and that might have the functionality you’re looking for.

1 Like

I think you’re doing yourself a disservice here. I think your app is more than capable of sending notifications for devices which stop responding. It is indeed one of my primary use cases for your excellent smartapp.

2 Likes

Thanks for saying that.

I also use it to monitor battery, temperature, and last events, but users often want more flexibility so I usually just point out that there are other SmartApps specifically written for notifications.

1 Like

Hi all,

I use SDV now for monitoring “last event” - as a fix to the 67% battery issue on ST devices. It works flawlessly for that, so thank you =).

I have to agree with @a4refillpad - this is hands down the best app for monitor responsiveness of devices, so improvements in that arena would be much recommended and appreciated!

2 Likes

This is a great Smart App! Thanks for writing it for us and donation sent!

1 Like