[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

Holy Smartapps, Batman!! :slight_smile:

Or maybe I should refer to the Flash…did not expect this so quickly, thanks very much. Off to update and tinker. :smiley:

Those changes have been on my To Do list for a while so I figured I’d get them off my plate so I could feel like I actually accomplished something.

5 Likes

When you have a moment, please upgrade to version 2.3.1 and let me know if the “All - Device States” screen still times out. Thanks

Just wanted to say how great this app is - thanks for your continued work on it. Downloaded latest version today and its working fine on iPhone 6

Thanks,
Claire

1 Like

I’ll update it this evening and let you know, thanks

1 Like

Looks like it is working fine now! Thanks

1 Like

Every time I open app I get this page it’s as if I haven’t added any things

Thanks

When you install the SmartApp, immediately tap done instead of setting up all your devices.

Then go open it from your SmartApps tap and configure everything.

Cheers that seems to have sorted it , dashboard won’t enable though " unexpected error"

Thanks

You have to enable OAuth.

Ta
Still getting used to this stuff .
Great app by the way.

1 Like

Hello there.
Can you guide me trough the installation process?

If you’ve never used a custom SmartApp, read this.

If you want to be able to use the web dashboard you need to go into the “App Settings” from the screen that you pasted the code into and enable OAuth.

1. Once you’ve installed and published the code in the IDE, go to the “Automation” section of the mobile app and tap the “SmartApps” tab.

2. Scroll to the bottom and tap “Add a SmartApp”.

3. Scroll to the bottom and tap “My Apps”.

4. Locate and tap “Simple Device Viewer”.

5. At this point, don’t bother with the settings, just tap “Done” to ensure that the installation finishes.

6. Open the SmartApp from your “SmartApps” tab.

7. Tap “Choose Devices” and select all the devices you want to be able to use in the SmartApp. There are a bunch of different fields to choose from, which ensures that you’ll be able to include all your devices, but it doesn’t matter which field you use to select each device. The one field that does make a difference is "Lights’. The devices selected from the lights field will display on the “Lights” screen instead of the “Switches” screen. You only have to select each device once, but it won’t hurt anything if you accidentally select the same device from more than once.

8.Once you’ve selected all the devices tap Done and the SmartApp is ready to start using.

By default, every capability supported by the devices you selected will be shown, but if you tap “Display Settings” you can choose which ones to display. That screen also allows you to exclude devices from certain.

If you want to use the web dashboard, tap “Enable Dashboard”. Assuming you enabled OAuth you should get a successful screen so Tap Done and then tap “View Dashboard”. At the bottom of the dashboard there’s a url you can copy so that you can view your dashboard from any browser. Don’t give out that url.

2 Likes

Thank you. That was really helpful.

Release 2.4

I just released version 2.4, the latest version of the code can be found in the first post and has the following new features:

• New method of detecting device activity that appears to be a lot more reliable.
    (If new method fails to return activity for a device it then checks it using the old method)

• Added the Acceleration Sensor capability.

• Added “Layout” field to the Dashboard Settings screen that allows you to switch to a condensed view that has between 1 and 3 columns.

Please let me know if you discover any problems with it detecting activity it shouldn’t or not detecting activity that it should.

Edit: The new Dashboard Layout options “Condensed - 2 Column” and “Condensed - 3 Column” are meant for larger screens so they look really messed up on small screens.

4 Likes

The new version sees the iris plug even if it isn’t turning on/off and the activity is confirmed in the IDE. Out of the 109 devices I’m monitoring for last event, my oldest event is 1 day old!

Thanks for the great update!

2 Likes

Thank you Kevin another great app

2 Likes

Thank you Kevin … Love your App!

2 Likes

Hi,

I’m having issues with the latest version not detecting activity for dozens of devices in events it did before. Switching off advanced detection made no difference unfortunately.
Also the triple column dashboard view has formatting issues for me.

Which devices?

Edit: Which version of the smartthings hub are you using?

The 2 column and 3 column condensed view layouts are meant for desktop computers and/or large tablets.