[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

The SmartApp only runs when no modes are selected or the current mode is one of the selected modes.

If the current mode is not selected and you’re in that mode longer than what your last event threshold is set at, the notifications will most likely get sent when the mode changes to one of the selected modes.

Due to frequent performance problems with SmartThings Device Events table the ability to disable the automatic refreshing of events is necessary. I’ve modified the application twice to workaround the timeout errors, but there’s a new issue with that table that’s causing the application to crash almost every time it tries to check events.

Once SmartThings fixes the problem, I’ll look into fixing this bug. They’re aware of the problem and they’re working on it.

In the meantime, if you sent the “Maximum number of notifications to receive within 5 minutes” setting to 1, you’ll only see one notification when you switch modes. Within 5 minutes the events times should finish refreshing so it won’t send another notification unless there is an inactive device.

The primary purpose of this SmartApp is to provide a simple way to view your devices and the notifications was something I added because users requested it. Other users have written SmartApps dedicated to monitoring devices so you might want to try one of those.

I had this loaded and wasn’t over impressed with it.
I’m in uk where ST will not give us github integration.
I then realised I was on a very old version.
Just updated to the latest version

Wow. This is brilliant. Love it.
Well done.

1 Like

Hi

I am in the UK firstly
I have installed your excellent SmartApp via GitHub.
This evening I have just gone to update for new devices and I have a problem, the SDV is not saving the devices I have configured to view.
Yes I have activated the Dashboard.

Any suggestions please?

1 Like

Thanks
But what is the ‘hamburger menu like @greg mentioned’ please?
Assume I know nothing :wink:

They moved the smart app link to the automations tab at the bottom. Click automations, then smart apps and find SDV from there

1 Like

Thanks

And it helped when I activated OAUTH :wink:
Very impressive thank you

1 Like

If you still want to know what the hamburger menu is - it’s the three horizontal lines stacked vertically:
Bun
Meat
Bun

2 Likes

@krlaframboise just wanted to say thanks for releasing such a great app. Without it I’d be completely unaware the amount of fallout I’ve been having in the mesh as ST reports nothing natively.

In order to improve monitoring, I’ve modified most of my sensors DH to include a “heartbeat” event whenever ST parses an event from the device. This just adds an event especially to motion sensors, contact sensors, sirens etc… that do not get used often. This way I can get early notification from your app of dropouts.

Lastly, would it be possible to get some small icons to appear in condensed view? It would be great if we can have some as the normal view is just too big when you have 100+ devices.

:+1:

SmartApps can use an icon for a paragraph and/or link, but they both appear that size. The condensed view puts all the lines in one paragraph which eliminates the space between them, but there’s no way to use more than one icon in a paragraph.

Instead of viewing the list in the mobile app, enable the dashboard and add a shortcut to your home screen.

To get the dashboard consolidated view shown above you need to go into the dashboard settings and set the menu position to “Bottom of Page” and paste the css block below into the “Enter CSS rules…” field.

section{padding:4px 0 0 0;}.device-item{width: 98%;padding:0 0 0 0;margin:0 0 0 0;border:0;border-radius:0;}.item-image-text{height:auto;padding-left:4px;}.item-image{background-position:left center;width:20%;border:0;border-radius:0;}.item-status{line-height:1.4;}.item-text{text-align:left;}

3 Likes

Thanks for that.
Looks like you can also do with a heartbeat event on a couple of your sirens too!

I’ve added a lastPoll attribute to those sirens, but one of them is unplugged and the other I’m not using at the moment so I’m not polling it.

I’ve been meaning to add that attribute to my TV device which is a ThingShield IR Transmitter, but since I use it daily I haven’t gotten around to it.

Let me know if you need any other tweaks to that CSS.

Would it be possible to add luminance as a capability to this superb app?

Now that I have a device that detects Humidity and Luminance I plan on adding both of those capabilities to this SmartApp, but I’m not sure when I’ll have time to work on it.

1 Like

Great you’re thinking of humidity sensor - getting into dry times here in winter -great app!

Is this smartapp still available in the marketplace? I can’t find it in any of the menus & there is no search function. I’ve had my smartthings hubs about two weeks.

If you go to the top of the topic you can find the code and instructions on how to install it.

1 Like

I submitted the application for publication 8 months ago, but I still haven’t received a response so I’ve pretty much given up on getting it into the marketplace.

@bobbles is correct, the latest version of the code can always be found in the first post of this topic.

This app is really cool. I was wondering if enabling and using the web dashboard creates any security concerns when off the home network.

Like all SmartApps, I presume this goes through the SmartThings cloud.

Thus … it is always “off the home network”.