[OBSOLETE] Simple Device Viewer

Which leak sensor is it?

ST Leak sensor.

It may be that I was on version 1.6 until last week, but its in an isolated spot that only varies in temperature by 1-2 Celsius, so there wouldn’t be new events for a while.

If it has battery reporting, adding two lines of code to the device handler allows this SmartApp to detect it every few hours. I’ll take a look at it and see if that will work with the ST water sensor.

I looked through the FAQ for SmartApps, but couldn’t find information on this - when a new version of a SmartApp is released (such as this one), is it sufficient to paste the new code in place of the old code (in the IDE) and click Save? Or do I also need to Publish it (again) to make the code change take effect?

Hi Kevin (@krlaframboise). First I would like to thank you for this great SmartApp :slight_smile:

I’m getting 2 Push Notifications on the ST App (Android Phone and Tablet) for any Device (Motion, Contact, Lock…) and Type of Notification (Battery, Last Event, Temperature), and I don’t have the Device selected twice (on different capabilities).
I think this is happening to me since your first version on the app (that had notifications).
Would you have any idea or past experience with this behavior?

Thanks.

To update the code using the copy and paste method you need to:

• Click the RAW button from the code page
  • Copy everything shown on that page
  • Paste it over the previous version of the code in the IDE
  • Click Save
  • Click Publish

The best way to use community submitted SmartApps is to set them up with GitHub integration because they’ll turn purple when there’s a new version and you can update them by clicking the “Update from Repo” button in the IDE.

These are the settings you’ll need to use to integrate my SmartApps and/or device handlers.

Owner: krlaframboise
Name: SmartThings
Branch: master

I haven’t read this post, but it might help you figure out how to setup the initial integration:

Push notifications get sent to all devices so if you have 2 devices you’re going to have to clear every push notification twice, but the message should only appear on each device once.

I’m pretty sure this is just how SmartThings works, but if you only need push messages on one of those devices, android phones usually have a way to turn them off for a smartapp.

The SmartApp generates one consolidated device list so it doesn’t matter which field you use to select a device from or how many times you select it.

If you’re receiving duplicate messages on each device, you might have multiple instances of the SmartApp running.

If you originally set it up using the simulator, that version could still be running in the background. The “My SmartApps” screen shouldn’t show anything in the “Locations” column for this SmartApp. If it does, click the x next to it and that should solve your problem.

If the “Locations” column was empty, scroll through your SmartApp list and verify that the app icon only appears once. This SmartApp allows you to rename it so it’s possible that it was renamed and doesn’t appear in the list near the other version.

If that’s not the problem either, go into the “Other Options” section of the SmartApp and enable all the debugging options. Open Live Logging in the IDE and then set the threshold to something that will definitely trigger a notification.

Due to the latency issue I keep mentioning, the SmartApp will most likely log events every minute, but it only checks the thresholds and sends notifications every 5 minutes.

If you receive a duplicate while live logging is open, post or PM me the live logging output and I’ll see if I can figure out what’s causing it. If you have the web dashboard enabled, make sure the url isn’t included in the logging data you post because anyone with the url can view your dashboard.

Thanks @krlaframboise, I will be sure to hit Publish after saving.

Hi Kevin, I’m getting Duplicate notifications on each Android device that I’m logged in. Sorry if I wasn’t clear before.

I was just checking the Notifications (using the IDE), and since I have the “Contacts” enabled on ST, I’ve found that I’m receiving a Push notification to my User:

2016-09-21 11:04:14.489 AM PDT - 5 hours ago APP
High Temperature Alert - 38°C – Bedroom Window Sensor
Rudimar Prunzel (Push/OK)

And also a Push notification to all users:

2016-09-21 11:04:13.708 AM PDT - 5 hours ago APP
High Temperature Alert - 38°C – Bedroom Window Sensor
Push (OK) (PUSH/) (PUSH/)

This is currently only happening with this SmartApp and I can see other examples that only send a Push notification to my User (like ST Routines) or only to All users (old SmartApps).
Thanks.

If you are using Contact book - make sure push notifications are off - that is probably your problem - the push slider is for global push

1 Like

Thanks Greg, you are absolutely right.
I’ve tried the other way around, to disable the individual notifications, but since I have contacts it does not let me leave it without selecting a contact, but for some reason I thought that the “Send Push Notifications” global slider would disable all notifications. I feel so DUMB right now :flushed: (for not testing all the options I mean)
Thanks again.

1 Like

What does the dashboard do? Why do you need Oath for it?

The dashboard allows you to view all the screens that are within the SmartApp from any web browser.

If you want to be able to access the SmartApp using a url, Oauth has to be enabled so that it can generate a security token.

1 Like

If the device was identified as a Z-Wave Water Sensor, you can make the change below to get it to report regularly.

Find where it says capability “Battery”, it should be around line 23, and insert the following below it:

attribute "lastPoll", "number"

Then find “def parse(String description)” which should be around line 49 and insert the following below it:

sendEvent(name: "lastPoll", value: new Date().time, isStateChange: true, displayed: false)

Its an ST zigbee sensor. Specifically, its the “SmartSense Moisture Sensor” type, and I’ve kept the stock handler because I wanted it local, so that it turns on all of my lights to 100% when it is wet (and keeps turning them on if you try and turn it off).

I had two leaks before I got the sensor, but none since then.

What SmartApp are you using to do that?

“Smart” Home Monitor.

1 Like

This is great.

I’m glad to hear you like this SmartApp because now I don’t feel as bad about suggesting the factory reset which ended up killing your siren.

Funny, no worries. Minute I opened the box, I was concerned: low quality materials, mediocre product design, vastly incomplete documentation, somewhat misleading feature set. On the other hand, Samsung should think about the Device Viewer app / management console and build it in to the platform and have it be accessible from the web page of the customer’s hub ip address.