[CLASSIC] SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - Run Actions when SHM changes modes

Smart Home Monitor (SHM) Routines, Notifications and Actions

On overwhelming request from users: This solution is designed to make SHM state changes configurable.
It allows you to run routines, check the state of various devices (door, windows, switches, locks, valves, shades, garage doors etc), notify you if they aren’t in the desired position and even change their position.

E.g: when you set SHM to Armed Away, the app can check if if any door/windows are left open and notify you. It can check if switches are left on and then them off, if locks are unlocked and lock them, if garage doors are left open and close them, turn on security cameras and even run a custom routine you have created.
It can even wait for a minute before running theses checks/actions, giving you time to leave the house or allow other running apps/routines time to finish up.

Key features of this solution:

• Manage SHM changes (Armed Away, Home Stay, Disarmed)
    • Run routines
    • Notify if devices are not in desired position
    • Change state of devices
    • Configurable delayed checking/running actions (e.g. exit delay)
    • Custom notifications for each SHM state
    • Individual check and action for each SHM state
  • Notify and manage the following types of devices
    • Doors
    • Windows
    • Switches/Lights
    • Locks
    • Valves (with level setting)
    • Shades
    • Garage Doors
      etc
  • Delayed checking to allow time for Routines to execute or devices to change state after the Mode changes
  • Custom messages and monitoring/actions for each Mode or single message for all Modes
    • Audio/spoken notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
    • Push notifications
    • SMS multiple numbers
  • Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available
    See our website or release notes for the latest features

A big thank you to all our users for your feedback and suggestions. If you have any feature requests please feel free to send them in to us

NOTES

• This functionality can also be created if you’re comfortable with CoRE or WebCoRE. This was designed on popular request from many users who wanted a configurable app to manage their SHM states.
  • This is a sister app to a previously released popular app that focused on creating creating a backup for Routines and managing Mode changes
  • The exit delay feature does NOT delay SHM state changes but will delay the checks and actions the SmartApp takes AFTER the SHM changes state.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

You can find step by step installation instructions here.

If you have any suggestions or feature requests please let us know.

Also check out the sister apps:

This SmartApp is available on the RBoy Apps Server, http://www.rboyapps.com. Refer to our website or facebook page below to get access to the server.

Visit our Facebook page for updates on new apps and to get Access to ALL our Premium Apps and Server. http://www.facebook.com/RBoySTApps

© RBoy Apps

3 Likes

HI, could you tell me the difference between this app and the RBoy app I currently use called Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shades Notification and Action on Mode Change?

Thanks

Similar in many ways. However this one works with SHM States (Armed Away, Home Stay and Disarmed) where as the sister app works with Hub modes (night, home away etc).

Since SHM cannot trigger routines, this app also helps trigger Routines for SHM states.

Basically if you’re using SHM then this is the app for you. If you’re using Hub Modes then the sister app is the one for you.

1 Like

SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - v01.00.02

• Updated state names to match SHM in ST app
  • Consolidate messages before sending

Could you please add a TTS notification option? I have some people arming the system from an ActionTiles tablet and they do not get the notifications. It would be great if they could at least hear the notifications from a speaker announcing the warning that a door or window is still open.

SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - v01.01.00

• Added support for speaking notifications over a TTS (text to speech) device like a Sonos
1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I realized that TTS notifications may not be good if you are not home. Since the app sends multiple notifications reminders I assume those are all played over the TTS speaker. You wouldn’t want your house announcing that a door is open if you are not home and can’t do anything about it. The similar problem would be with setting the Stay mode. You wouldn’t want multiple audio notifications that a window is open in middle of the night. Could these things be somehow customized? Maybe setting hours for TTS and an individual setting for Away and Stay?

It’s there. You have the option to set custom notification settings (including TTS) for each state.
Open each state settings page, scroll down to the bottom, Enable XXX state specific notifications and can define a custom message, push, SMS and TTS settings.

Thanks. Didn’t notice that setting.

1 Like

SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - v01.01.01

• Fix for some settings show blank after saving in latest versions ST app

So two things:

1. Should I only use EITHER SHM States OR sister app, but not simultaneously?

2. Since I’ve installed rboy apps, (it seems, I think) SHM notifications always seem to pop up every minute. Is that normal?

Thanks,
hbs

SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - v01.02.00

• Added support for partial opening/closing of window shades (where supported, 1% - 99%)
  • Check for invalid symbols while entering multiple SMS numbers

SHM Routines, Notifications and Actions - v01.02.01

• Added support for spoken audio notifications with volume control for the new Sonos LAN audio player

Does this work with the new app and STHM?