[Release] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Thanks for sharing all the tips @Bethel.8009!

One of the neat things about doing the delay automation in SharpTools is you can set additional conditions in the rule for when the delay is over - for example, checking to make sure virtual switch is still on in case you’ve changed your mind… or making sure some other condition is met like the door being closed or lock, maybe even sending a notification if the desired conditions aren’t met. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not sure which virtual switch you mean there @joshua_lyon - as part of the routine, the delayed switch turns off again purposely when the armed away kicks over (the delayed switch does not have to remain active, just sets the armed)
But absolutely the Sharptools do give a lot more flexibility in the rules capabilities.
I do like the idea of the door closed confirmation before it arms.

I was just going based off the screenshot and since the Arm (Away) Delayed switch isn’t turned back off until after the 30 second delay, I was implying that you could add the condition at that point (after the delay and before you turn it off).

So the current setup is like this:

Trigger
Arm Away Delayed turns on

Flow
Delay 30 seconds
Turn Arm Away on
Turn Arm Away Delayed Off

And I was suggesting you could optionally add a condition like this:

Trigger
Arm Away Delayed turns on

Flow
Delay 30 seconds
IF (Arm Away Delayed is still on)
   THEN
      Turn Arm Away On
      Turn Arm Away Delayed Off
   ELSE
       (Do Nothing)

This allows you to effectively stop the delayed action if you change your mind. For example, you start exiting the home and tap the button on your dashboard for the armed delay, but then you remember that you need to grab something so you could tap the button on your dashboard to turn it back off… and since the status of the switch will be checked after the delay to make sure it’s still on, the actual arming would only happen if the switch was still on.

(There’s other approaches that could be taken, but I’m just trying to demonstrate the concept :slight_smile:)

1 Like

OK, I follow your thinking - that’s a great addition but of course only applies to Sharptools as Smartthings is not really that Smart by itself
I originally created it in Sharptools and only switched to Smartthings so the ‘A’ woman could utilize it too :joy:
I might just go back to Sharptools and employ that

Sorry to further lean on you @joshua_lyon

Similarly for a delayed alarm trigger entry
Make a Simulated Switch for Entry Doors and set STHM to trigger on Sim Switch vs Actual Switch
Sharptools Rule

Trigger
Entry Door Opens

Flow
Turn Piezzo Buzzer On
Delay 30 seconds
IF (Arm Away is on)
THEN
Turn Entry Door Sim On
ELSE
IF Entry Door is Closed
AND
Disarmed is on
THEN
Turn off Piezzo Buzzer

Does that work? Am I missing anything?
Don’t need a reset on the Door Sim since it won’t be set if disarmed before timer expires?
And won’t set the Sim under not-armed conditions … ?

I suppose if missed the 30 sec window and it triggered, you might need a reset off disarmed to reset the door sim condition?

For anyone looking for similar, here is what I finally came up with - tested and all works.
Reference my post earlier that my ‘Dis-armed’ Simulated switch in SmartThings is actually a simulated LOCK - that is so it can be pin-protected in Alexa (which cannot pin protect a switch but CAN protect a Lock). So amend as you need, if using a std ‘switch’

So, is it not possible to get the Iris V2 keypad to work with the new ST app and SHM Delay 2.0? My problem is that the Simulated Contact Sensor cannot be opened and closed in SHM Delay.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue. My simulated contact sensor shows off line. I can get the keypad to show what my SHM status is, but I can not get the keypad to change it.

Can someone help with these messages? When I press the keypad code and ask for partial arm, I get this message:

9:21:30 AM: debug user data INCOMPLETE SHM Delay User 8735 User

When I arm Partial or Stay through ST app, I get this message:

9:22:03 AM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘value’ on null object @line 1137 (keypadModeHandler)

It appears that the code is not picking up the mode change “value” in the code.

Thanks for any help

I wouldn’t use SHM delay 2.0 any longer. It is no longer maintained and many, including myself, have not gotten it to work with the changes the past year with STHM and SmartThings.

1 Like

Thanks Brent. I was hoping to get the keypad to work, but I may be just wasting a lot of time.

1 Like

Anybody know the best route to go for using Smartthings as an alarm. At one time (before the big update) I was using SHM delay in conjunction with the keypad and Life360. The entire system worked great. With 4 people in the household I had very little issues. Alarm would disable when the cell phone was close to home and re arm itself when everyone left the house. The keypad worked to disable the alarm if the cell phone was not present. The delay to disable the alarm worked great. I disabled/deleted most everything when updating a few months back. Is there anything from Smartthings that will bring this functionality back? Would Aeotec ever bring any of this functionality back? It seems the support for Life360 has also been taken away.

The location arm/disarm should be able to be done with automations in the app. For the keypad, I bet you can do it with some virtual switches and automations rules.

1 Like