[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

I’m playing a bit more and I’ve noticed that the ‘Response delay’ applies to all sensors configured, not just the doors so that is something to be aware of.

It also appears that my entry delay On my DSC alarm is slightly longer than 30 seconds so the STHM intrusion notice and my local alarm alarm/siren are not in sync from a timing standpoint.

While it works, it’s not quite as elegant as the SHM Delay solution.

I did finally get a good delay “system” going with STHM using webCoRE and some automations in the new app. It isn’t perfect, but it seems fairly reliable and I can share more if anyone is interested.

Please do!

Can you share your solution with us please

This may not be the place to post…if it isn’t, I can move it.

Anyway, similar to how others have suggested, you’ll need to create some virtual switches, since webCoRE and other 3rd party smartapps can’t access directly. I have created the following 6 switches.
STHM Armed Away Status, STHM Armed Stay Status, STHM Disarmed Status, STHM Arm Away, STHM Arm Stay, and STHM Disarm. (Note: I think I could probably get away with 3, but was initially having issues with reliability and this seemed to help.)

If you had SHM Delay setup in the past, you should have a “virtual” contact that you can place into the contacts to use for the new STHM.

For automations to create in the new app, here are some screenshots. I didn’t screenshot each automation, as I think you can get the gist after you look at these.

For the webCoRE piston, here is a green snapshot:

Where the anonymized devices translate like this:
Switch 20 = STHM Disarmed Status
Switch 17 = STHM Armed Away Status
Switch 18 = STHM Armed Stay Status
Contact Sensor 14 = is virtual contact used in STHM’s contacts to monitor for open/closed.
Contact Sensor 1, 4, and 7 are real door contact sensors (take out of STHM’s settings).
Motion Sensor 2 and 6 are real motion sensors (take out of STHM’s settings).
Switch 3 and 14 are entry/exit buzzers
Switch 4 is the siren (backup to make sure siren gets turned off…STHM is weird)

I realize these instructions are probably missing some explanation, so let me know if you run into something missing.

This works great, brenthaag! Thank you - simple and effective.

No problem…sorry for the poor instructions…I hastily put these together.

Not being happy with @RBoy and the Intruder Alert with Actions app that he had, I came upon your simple, yet effective piston. And replying here with a webcore piston may not be the best case. [EDIT: https://community.webcore.co/t/shm-delay-replacement/18756]

Wanting a few changes, I made a few tweaks, but before rolling it out, I wanted to see if anyone has suggestions. Specifically, the Repeat loops for the two TTS sections. I have never used Repeat, but they seemed like a good use case.

2 Likes

Has anyone been able to get the previously mentioned solution by @brenthaag to work when someone disables the security system from the Keypad? I have it arming and disarming from SHM but I am struggling to be able to get it to Arm and Disarm when someone disarms from the integrated Keypad. I do have System Status triggers that show when the keypad is armed and disarmed and Alerting. Just need to figure out the webcore changes needed to update the Simulated switches.

Which keypad are your referring to? A zigbee/Z-wave keypad? ActionTiles? Or something else?

6160 Wired to an ademco vista 20 and outputs programmed to konnected interface

Hmmm…I don’t know anything about the vista 20. I do have Konnected alarm input boards, but not the alarm interface. When you mention you have a status of the ademco alarm–can those status items be used in an automation or in webcore?

Right now I have both armed Away and armed Stay programmed to the same output identifying when the system is armed but not which is armed in which status. I think I am going to split them to 2 separate outputs and then will sync their status’ in webcore. I have already heavily modified the webcore you gave. If I get this working fully I will try and share it here.

1 Like

Thank you for all your work on this!
I’m trying to get it installed on my app but I can’t get the final stage to work:
successfully completed the inclusion on the IDE site
Then in the App, II select smart apps, then + and I can see the “SHM Delay” at bottom of list in custom apps;
Select that and get the page with Global Settings
Review those, hit Next and Done
Then it fails to install the app - I get an error saying “we’re having trouble connecting - check your local network”
(the network connection is fine)

Did I miss something?
Any guidance appreciated.

p.s. using latest ST App and the SHM Delay is v2.4.2

This is really great. Have you had any issues with it with the recent WebCore updates?

@Bethel.8009 - I haven’t gotten SHM Delay 2.0 to work with the ST changes and moving to STHM. I had to move to a separate solution as I described above.

@kevandcan - I haven’t had any issues with updates. Before the recent updates, I did have some issues with delays not working right, but nothing major.

OK, given up on this app since can’t even get it loaded

What I wanted to achieve was an armed away delay to allow time to exit after arming
What I did was create a new simulated switch for ‘armed away delayed’ and then used this with an automation in ST that just switches to the ‘normal’ armed away’ after the desired delay. The final part of the action was to turn off the ‘armed away delayed’ so only the ‘armed away’ remains active.

After creating the new Simulated Switch, I found I could set up the automation either in ST or even in Sharptools - with Sharptools (or presumably Actiontiles) you don’t even have to create an automation in ST for the new simulated switch, only use it as a dummy switch and create the Rule in Sharptools rather than in ST.

Here is the Rule in Sharptools (it’s obviously very similar directly in ST if you go that route)

You can also take it further adding an announcement message as the first action, warning of the armed status, or even a countdown
I did it in Sharptools initially but am going to change it to ST. But both work

Here it is in SmartThings (better because then you use with other things, like Alexa too)

Of course if you create the automation in SmartThings you would NOT have a Rule in Sharptools, only the Simulated Switch
And the Arm (Away) Automation was already established

I’m just getting set up on STHM (have a Konnected panel) so learning as I go
I know presence sensors are ‘the way to go’ but would like to at least get it operating with old-school manual disarming at the Wall Screen first. Besides, it helps my growth to practice creating automations :slight_smile:
Haven’t put this into practice yet, but ‘thinking out loud’ …
Here’s another delay I was thinking about - entry door delay trigger to allow manual disarming at the wall panel before it goes off:
I don’t see a way to add other routines into STHM, just stay or away
So if you want to delay trigger for Away, it would appear you have only option to do this for ALL entry sensors. I would like just the front and garage doors (which are actually grouped together in series as ‘Entry Doors’ zone) to have delayed trigger.
So again, I think a simulated switch comes into play
Create Automation where the actual Door Open sensor triggers a Simulated Door Switch (turns it off) but with a 30 sec delay; then in the ‘sensors’ list, you don’t include the actual entry door, you include the simulated switch.
So - opening the door will not immediately trigger the alarm - and if the alarm is disarmed before the simulated switch kicks in, it will not alarm.
And needs another automation where the ‘disarm’ resets the Simulated Door Switch back On.

Right?? :slight_smile:

I just had another Eureka moment
I have the Simulated Switches set up in Smartthings to utilize in Sharptools and you can easily add the pin code for the disarm in Sharptools
That works great
The issue however is that Alexa also sees the Simulated Switches and you cannot pin-protect that - and you can simply disarm by telling Alexa - that could be problematic
What I have done is to change the disarm simulated switch to a simulated lock and applied the same automation as per the previous switch.
Now in Alexa, you can pin protect a simulated ‘lock’ with a spoken code!

1 Like