[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Arm, first - thank you for SHM Delay 2.0! I’m new to SmartThings and this is the one thing I needed. Your user guide and installation instructions were excellent, it all worked the first time thru.

I’m on V2.29 of SHM Delay, using an Amazon Fire 7 HD tablet running a licensed Fully Browser and Action Tiles as my virtual keyboard. I’m using SHM for entry delay only (30 sec delay, exit delay is set to 0). Everything works great - when I open the real sensor there is a 30 sec delay before the alarm is triggered and a 30 sec sound file plays on my tablet.

Here’s the question. I’d like the sound file to stop playing when the user executes either the “I’m Back” routine or the Disarm button in Action tiles. So lets say it takes the user 10 sec to click the “I’m back” routine, the sound would stop after about 10 sec.

I’ve searched thru the Q&A here and can’t seem to find how to do that. Happy to edit the source code if you can point me in the right direction. Or if there is a simpler way to do it by creating a virtual light that SHM can control as part of the std SHM “I’m back” routine, happy to do that too. Appreciated any guidance you could give me. Thx.

1 Like

Awesome that you made this. Thank you. I’m an Iris refugee and not smart enough to follow all of the custom work needed to achieve some simple setups for this system, but I did manage to get SHM Delay 2.2.9 installed and actually got it working correctly. I have hit a wall on 1 issue. The door I am adding the delay to is one that I want to be completely inactive when the alarm is set to ‘stay’. I tried removing it and the simulated sensor from the SHM occupied sensors, but it still triggers. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. Tim

Although your message does not state how you are invoking the 30 second sound file on the tablet, it should be easily possible to play a 1 second silence file when the system disarms that should stop any currently running sound file.

My system uses SHM Delay Talker module with the Fully Kiosk Browser controller. [OBSOLETE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller (DTH)

Removing it from SHM occupied, as you have already done, should do what you want from the SHM perspective. For SHM Delay on the first page of the Delay profile you may optionally set the mode to monitor the contact sensor: select ‘Away’ which ignores the sensor during Stay.

Ahhh awesome! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I invoke the 30 sec sound file using your FKB Controller. I filled in the path to the local file on my Amazon Fire in the “Tone Audio File URL” parameter. That part works great.

How would I issue a separate command to play the silent file? Do I need to create a second instance of the FKB Controller? If so, how do I tie that into the “I’m Back” routine?

Thanks for the help!

1. Load the “Silent File” onto the tablet.
  2. Use WebCore or write a smartapp that plays the “Silent File” when the mode changes to Disarmed using the kiosk controller “Play sound file command”

A better method (sorry I forgot this exists).
Issue kiosk controller command stopSound() or off(): stops any playing sound file and TTS in a smartapp or webcore. If you are up for it, modify my app to issue the off() command.

Thanks, great suggestion.

Re: your code, I was looking at that approach, but was having trouble figuring out where I’d add the stop command. Which module / line would do you think would be the best place to add it?

Module: Shm delay talker child
Code is untested

after line 246 add

subscribe(location, "alarmSystemStatus", alarmStatusHandler)

After line 248 before TalkerHandler, add

def alarmStatusHandler(evt)
 {
 if (evt.value == "off")
    theTTS.off()
 }

Arn, this is awesome. I’ll give this a try when I get home tonight.

Thank you!

Added the SHM Delay Talker Child module to my install and added the code per your email, it all worked perfectly.

Thanks again for the quick response and the help. It’s all working smoothly now.

arnb

August 7

ChiefSpice:
Which module / line would do you think would be the best place to add it?

Module: Shm delay talker child
Code is untested

after line 246 add

subscribe(location, "alarmSystemStatus", alarmStatusHandler)

After line 248 before TalkerHandler, add

def alarmStatusHandler(evt)
{
if (evt.value == "off")
theTTS.off()
}
1 Like

So I still can’t get past the first screen on the SHM Delay. I have tried everything. I have uninstalled twice now but still no luck. When I try to create a profile the wheel just spins in the app on my phone. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I have looked at the logs but don’t see anything. I am no expert but normally I can figure out things like this.

No idea what may be wrong, logs show me nothing I understand, but I will do what I can to help.

Assuming you using the Classic phone app and have set Global Settings, if not do that and retry.

If you are attempting to set a Delay Profile, enter the page 1 settings, then take a screen shot of all the parameters (may need 2 or 3 images), prior to tapping “Next”.

Also please let me know if there are any non-physical or unusual devices being used except the Simulated Contact sensor, or you are attempting to force a real Contact Sensor by entering the contact name info.

I’ve occasionally bumped into a system loop for very odd reasons, including not entering a required setting, although the logic attempts to handle that issue.

In image 3948 it shows “Front Door and Garage Doo” as the monitored sensor and “Family Room and Dining Room Doors” as the simulated sensor.

Exactly what are these devices: real, simulated, combined? Please send screen shot or text description. I suspect this is the issue.

They are open close sensors. I am using Konnected and the front door and garage door are connected together as a zone. The others are the other zone I want it to simulate which are more door open close sensors that are on the same zone.

Follow the directions at the top off this thread. Create a simulated sensor, then use it as defined in the documentation. As for Konnected Zones, never heard of this being used and have no idea what it may be, you are on your own with that. I know some folks use Konnected sensors with the app, but as a solo sensors that need the forced Contact Name to be accepted as a real sensor.

Create a delay profile for each real sensor used for actual access and egress, rather than zones and it should work.

Hello All - I’m trying to get a Talker profile to work with Echo Speaks. Is this possible?

I seem to be having the same challenge @keatonhoskins reported in post 881. Entry Delay message works. Exit Delay Non-Keypad does not work.

I can’t find a resolution. If one was provided please point me to it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, @arnb - So, I enabled debugging and was able to walk through the code enough to determine the root cause of why the exit delay messages will not play for Non-Key Pad. It has to deal with having Active Mode Fix Settings enabled. I used all defaults when setting it up. If it’s not enabled the Home Mode is not being updated, so it’s something I definitely would like to leverage.

That said, I have no idea how to update the code to fix it.

Willing to test if you get around to looking at the code.

This is an EXCELLENT app!! Thank you for your hard work and putting this out there.