[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Have EchoSpeaks setup and that has been working for my Entry Delay notification. Its the Exit Delay for the “Non-Keypad initiate Exit message” that doesn’t work. I have it setup in same Talk profile for the Entry Delay that works.

Is there something in the Global Settings I am missing that I have configure wrong?

arnb,

First, thank you for the samrtapp, it is very nice nice. Thanks.

Second, I have the following problem:

• Our house has three doors, a front door, a back door, and side door that opens into our garage. Our garage is on the side therefore it is the entry point for everyone.
  • We keep extra stock of drinks (soda, juice) in the garage as well as extra ice cream in an icebox inside the garage. Our refig is not big enought to keep every thing all at once. So, in stay mode, the side door is not included in ARM/STAY mode.
  • The simulated contact is linked to our side door and it is where we need delay exit and entry for AWAY but not for other modes.

I put the simulated contact in the AWAY mode but not in the STAY mode and everytime we open side door in STAY mode, we get intruder msg. This is driving me nuts so I turned off the notification in the app. And I think because of this odd config it causes the keypad to be out of sync from the SHM status. The SHM shows the correct mode when keypad is used but not the other way around. The keypad mode will stay in STAY mode when the SHM mode is OFF.

Can you do a modification to exclude the selected exit and extry door/simulated contact in stay mode?

Meanwhile, I will go back to arming it via the app once everyone is in the garage and ready to roll.

Thanks

Please check the Smart Home Monitor settings monitoring when people are home (Stay). I suspect the Side Door is being monitored, remove it. Also add the simulated sensor for this mode.

If not already setup, create the ModeFix profile.

No, that creates a security hole.

Please check the Smart Home Monitor settings monitoring when people are home (Stay). I suspect the Side Door is being monitored, remove it. Also add the simulated sensor for this mode.

No the side door is NOT monitor in STAY mode.
Adding the simulated sensor will trip the alarm EVERY-TIME it is open in STAY mode (with the delay beep of course)

Yes the modfix is in

How having an option to exclude the door in STAY mode be a security hole? I am lost. That is what we are doing now in STAY mode. There is a garage door in the way before anyone can get in the side door.

My apologies, I misunderstood what you want to do. You want to be able to control the SHM alarm states: Away, Stay, Away and Stay (default) when a Delay Profile is active.

So you would monitor the Side Door on Away, and the Garage Door on Stay, and the respective sensor would be ignored on other armed state.

It would be easy to add a setting for this on the delay profile, and a first look at the code shows a simple logic change to implement the setting. I’ll take a further look at this when I am more awake.

[Beta Release] for module SHM Delay Child

• Supports optional filtering for how a Delay Profile reacts or not to the real contact sensor opening when SHM arm state is away or stay.
    For example: when set to “away”, and system is arm state is “stay”, then real contact opens, system ignores the open.

• Added ability to log, or not log, debugging messages from a Delay Profile. Default is no logging. This change reduces system overhead.

Installation module changes
Update module SHM Delay Child (v2.1.4) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / beta Save do not publish.
See documentation section 28 at top of this thread for instructions on how to change the module’s source repo

Post Installation
Optionally set “When system is armed, react to the real contact sensor opening only when: away or stay.” then test.

Issues?
Set “Log debugging messages?” to true. Rerun the test, then forward the debug messages in a private message to me.

Tagging @illumatti Per your request

Awesome. Just what I was already trying to program in webcore.

1 Like

Kindly let me know how this works for you.

I’m not sure if this question has been asked but is there tutorial video available that walks you through each step?

That’s a good suggestion. Does anyone know someone willing to take on this project without compensation? I visualize it as multiple short videos.

At the moment my rather limited video skills are reserved for creating selfie audition reels needed for various acting and extra roles required for my latest (not for profit) avocation.

https://www.backstage.com/u/arn-burkhoff/

1 Like

Thanks, I believe this would be good idea for those who learn better by visual instructions vs only written.

Hi Daniel,
Having pulled the batteries from my Iris 3405-L Keypad, mine is doing exactly the same thing! Motion detected infront of the keypad lights up the Off button and WiFi blinks in the same manner as yours.
Did you manage to find a fix?
(I’ve been stuck on this issue for a few days now…)
All the Best,
Darren

I’m confused on paragraph 2 and 3.

1. On sensors to monitor when home is unoccupied
  • In Open Closed Sensors: Remove sensor defined in paragraph 2 above
  • In Open Closed Sensors: If not already showing, add sensor defined in paragraph 3 above
  • In Motion Sensors: Remove motion sensors defined in paragraph 4 above
  1. Tap “Next”, sensors to be monitored when home is occupied displays
  • In Open Closed Sensors: Remove sensor defined in paragraph 2 above
  • In Open Closed Sensors: If not already showing, add sensor defined in paragraph 3 above

As a possible incentive to the volunteer who creates any such videos for SHM Delay, if they are well done and well received, then I can say it’s very likely we’ll contract that person to do some paid videos for ActionTiles. …

1 Like

I understand.

Scroll up a bit in the documentation, section 10, to find this

1. Start by tapping “Create A New Delay Profile” or tapping on an exisiting Delay Profile name
  2. Select the real contact sensor associated with the door to be delayed
  3. Select the simulated contact device that was initially defined. This device may be used in multiple delay profiles.
  4. (Optional) When a motion sensor triggers an intrusion during an entry or exit delay: select a motion sensor device

Does changing

In Open Closed Sensors: Remove sensor defined in paragraph 2 above
to
In Open Closed Sensors: Remove the profile’s real contact sensor defined in paragraph 2 above.

improve with understanding of what has to be done to the SHM settings? If not, or you have another suggestion, please feel free to post it or should you prefer send me a Private Message.

I’m available for voice over, narration, or whatever roles. :star_struck:

Yea I pulled the batteries and it still didn’t work. So I deleted it from my smartthings app and to put it back in pairing mode. Put in one battery, hold down the anti tamper switch on back for a few seconds then put in the second battery. Or something like that. I found the instruction manual and followed their instructions for pairing. Then I just repaired it and it worked fine for a few days. Then it did it again.

So I said forget this and I converted an old tablet (kindle fire) into a keypad using actiontiles. It’s awesome, so much better than an old keypad. I’d recommend ditching the iris and going the wall mounted tablet route. Check out a few YouTube videos on the Taylortech channel and he lays it out step by step.

Daniel

I searched this thread but couldn’t see where this had been asked. I notice that simulated contact sensors are cloud based and not local. If my Internet line is cut and there is an intrusion that is triggered by a simulated sensor, I am guessing that my alarm will not sound. Is that the case or am I overlooking something?

Anyone having issue of trying to enter multiple phone numbers for text messages in a delay profile? It does not take the semicolon when saving.