[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

[Update] Feb 19, 2019, 12:50PM EST

Enhancements and Changes

• The global setting name for “Send Bad Pin Push Notification?” was the same as “Send Pin Push Notification?” causing strange behavior and wrong settings. The setting name was corrected

How to Install
There is one module associated with this update.

1. SHM Delay (v2.2.7). Module should be Saved, Published for me
  • Install via the repository (preferred), from the following repo.
    Owner: arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME)
    Name: SHMDelay
    Branch: Version2

Post Installation
Adjust settings Send Pin Push Notification? and Send Bad Pin Push Notification? Then save global settings

Tag @Journeymnn @KroeT

1 Like

REF : SHM Delay, Delay User, Delay Child, etc. Version 2
SHM: Classic

I have logged into the IDE and created a Simulated Door Sensor.

But I’m having problems with “Create New Delay Profile”

I then went to the SHM, under the Security Tab, and Un-Selected “Door – Kitchen” and Selected “Simulated Door” under “Away(away)” and followed through to the final “Save”. I left the “Away(stay)” continue to monitor all the doors, Except the “Simulated Door”.

When Testing…… under “Away(stay)” which monitors the Real Door “Door-Kitchen” the alarm Siren triggers immediately, as it should. However, when testing under “Away(away)”, which is set to monitor the “Simulated Door”, I get NO Alarm, on the Phone, nor from the Siren.

What am I missing?

In Smart Home Monitor there are two lists of sensors: one for away and one for home(stay/night). The contact sensors in these lists are usually identical when using SHM Delay and do not include the real sensor(s), contact and motion, monitored in any delay profiles, only the simulated sensor.

A SHM Delay “Delay Profile” monitors the same contact sensors in Stay and Away. Your instant Stay alarm is created from Smart Home Monitor not SHM Delay.

Please adjust the Smart Home Monitor contact sensor list excluding Door - Kitchen in the away and home lists, create a delay profile for the Door - Kitchen, then retry the tests.

Section 15 of the documentation has detailed information for testing the system

Hi @arnb

I’m hoping you can point me in the right direction of what I may doing wrong.

I did the update to v2.2.7 and started getting blank pages when trying to go to the next screen. I only had 2 profiles so removed everything and started over to see if that would help, but I can’t install the smartapp now. I do not get a save option on the top right of the screen. When I press back, save shows up very briefly, but then goes away. I’m using the classic smartthings app.

These are the modules that I installed:

• SHM Delay - saved and published
  • SHM Delay Child - saved
  • SHM Delay ModeFix - saved
  • SHM Delay Simkypd Child - saved (I don’t plan on using the sim keypad so not sure if I need this one)
  • SHM Delay Talker Child - saved
  • SHM Delay User - saved

I understand your issue, but it feels like something got toasted that’s outside of the app’s control. I just created then deleted a profile on my Android 9, Pie phone and it worked as expected.

Suggest removing all SHM profiles: Delay, User, Modefix, etc, then attempting to Uninstall all Shm delay modules, reinstall, then redo the settings. Should this fail, try contacting ST Support.

Okay, no worries, thanks. I’ll reach out to ST Support.

Thanks for your reply.

1. I have went back to Section 7, and created a NEW “Simulated Contact Sensor”

2. Then I went to Section 15, starting with Testing “Simulated Sensor”, as per your exact instructions. PASSED TESTING

3. Then I Tested “Exit Delay”. After setting “Amed(away)” vis my Keypad, the Keypad BEEPED slowly, the rapid near Arming the Alarm. Exited the house without activating the alarm. PASSED TESTING

4. Then I proceeded to Test “Entry Delay”. (I made sure any Alarms were Cleared/Dismissed and back to normal) I then set the Alarm to “Armed(away)”, I waited a bit and then I opened the Door that setup with the Simulator. When the Door was opened, it seemed that nothing happened. I expected to hear the Keypad BEEPING slowly, the fast, as the Delay Time depreciated. However, after 30 seconds the Alarm did go off.

My question now is… how can I get a similar beeping on the keypad, like I do on Exit Delay ?
I need some kind of indication for family, kids, and grandkids, reminding them to turn off the Alarm before it activates.

Thanks !!

Using Webcore , I’m trying to bypass a sensor that is one of the “delayed sensors” that has a "linked simulated senor.( using SHM delay w/o a keypdad) Normally , everything works fine with the normal delay . However, I want the “delayed sensor” - deck door linked to simulated sensor 2 - to not trigger the alarm after the delay during a certain time when we would be in the house and might go out on the deck . I keep getting the alarm intrusion for the simulated sensor 2 which of course triggers the alarm. A sample of one of the Webcore pistons I have tried is below.

If anyone has any ideas - either a change in Webcore piston or another way to do this I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Al

If I understand this, there is an entry delay time coded on the Delay Profile, an entry delay occurs, but the keypad does not sound tones. If that is true, it could be a keypad hardware issue. It’s a long shot but I have no other answers.

So let’s prove the keypad can or cannot sound Entry Delay tones.

Please try the following:

1. In module SHM Delay V2.2.7, Line 786,
    change
    it.setExitDelay(internalExitDelay)
    to
    it.setEntryDelay(internalExitDelay)

2. Tap Save, then Publish For Me

3. ReArm the system from the keypad in Away mode.System enters exit delay. Should get entry delay tones from the keypad.

• If the keypad does not beep, it’s a keypad hardware/firmware issue
  • If it beeps: Post your results here, then send me a Private Message with your phone number, Time Zone and a good time to call.

Sophisticated systems would do something like this with Zones, but i digress.

I don’t feel this can be done with WebCore interracting with SHM Delay. Once the Simulated Sensor opens it’s not possible to stop the intrusion alert. I’d be happy if someone proved me wrong. It could be done with a changes to module SHM Delay Child.

If I understand this you want to build a “prison” where the “inmates” are only allowed out on the patio during regulated hours. Can’t be done with the vanilla Smarthings SHM system. However, using a modified SHM Delay module: arm your system in Stay, then have the delay profile ignore the contact sensor opening, or remaining open, during a specified time frame.

This requires adding some settings to module SHM Delay:

• a schedule of days and times when the contact sensor should be ignored
  • support code to create the schedule
  • code to process the schedule when the sensor opens

There is existing code and logic in the system for restricting user keypad pin codes to days and times that could be a base for this function, if you are up to coding it.

Knowing much less than you, lots or trial & error with webcore & have come to the same conclusion that once the simulated sensor opens it’s too late. I am not a programmer, more of a good " imitator " when I understand what is going on. I guess it will have to be built in to the overall programs as a choice for it to work. I would guess if it were easy , I would have found many people who used WebCore to bypass a sensor or 2.
Thanks for your info.

Al

One other thought about how to do something that may help.
Leave alarm system in Off state. “Set Beep/Chime these devices when real contact sensor opens, and Alarm State is Off (Optional)” on and set some devices to beep. Use WebCore to send a message, or other actions when the contact sensor opens and the Alarm State is Off.

PS Imitation, or modifying good working logic and code is one of the fastest ways I know of to get something up and running. If you are a purist, feel free to “reinvent the wheel”.

Test worked proving that it is NOT the 3405-L Keypad.
I get Exit and Delay Beeps, by some minor issues detected.

Great work! This has solved the problem of the Send Pin Push Notification and Send Bad Pin Push Notification settings not being saved when using the iOS-app. You’re the best.

1 Like

@arnb I am needing some help to figure out how to just use #actiontiles instead of a physical keypad. I was using the Centralite keypad, but it is just redundant to my actiontiles setup in my home. I think I have seen someone mention this before, but I am just curious as to if there is any sort of option to create a momentary button or something to achieve this. Any ideas would be great!

ActionTiles allows for a single pin, set as a Tile’s security setting. For example: to protect the Mode or Smart Home Monitor tiles.

tag: @tgauchat

Thats what I am trying to figure out. Is there a way that your Delay code could read a virtual momentary button to just “Arm” the house by pressing? This way the delay would kick off via the button being pressed. To disarm the house I am using the ActionTiles SHM tile and have a single code used for that.

Another addition that would be really great to see implemented would be the use of a smart lock, like Schlage camelot zwave lock. I have user codes setup with @RBoy Lock user manager app to manage all our codes.

A WebCore piston performing this function should create a delay similar to setting Away from ActionTiles.

The delay should occur no matter how the Smart Home Monitor is armed.

Maybe this is what I may not be understanding then. So if I click “Armed” in SHM on ActionTiles, there should be a delay that occurs? If so am I missing some type of setup to let the user (my family) know the system is arming when using that method? If that works, then there would be no need to create a momentary tile button to do this.

1 Like

Setup a speaker or tts device, with a Talker profile for spoken status messages. I use Lannouncer on the Actiontile tablets/ smartphones.

1 Like