[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

The simulated sensor is the one that’s triggering all the alarms. There’s no motion detector that could be triggering it either as they don’t have visibility into that room, plus none are selected in SHM yet.

I’ve got ActionTiles setup on a tablet in the same room as the door (Garage/Laundry) sensor I’m testing. When I open the door, within 1s, I see the real sensor show as open, the simulated sensor show as open & the siren triggered… all at the exact same time.

Been through all the testing instructions in section 15… did that before posting. Now you see why I’m confused.

Again in Phone App Notifications what is SHM Delay message stating as the trigger device for the intrusion alert? The simulated sensor will always be the trigger in SHM, hence the need to inform the user of the actual device creating the intrusion.

If the SHM Delay trigger device is the real door contact, then the entry time is somehow 0 (or ignored). Try resaving the Delay Profile.

My bad… I thought you meant what was the SHM app saying was triggering it. You’re referring to the iOS notifications… correct? It’s showing

You can see the SHM Delay App is detecting the Garage/Laundry Door is detected. I’ve deleted the profile and recreated it thinking it might be some sort of a corruption, but same effect.

The Garage/Laundry Door (A) is the real sensor that I’m opening, while the Smart Home Entry/Exit Delay Switch (B) is the simulated one. When I open (A), (B) is immediately opening. Delay is set to 30s.

Check your private messages.

I hope someone can help, I have added today a new contact sensor, so I followed the steps as usual to also add a simulated sensors (according to the manual), but when I want to configure it in the SHM smart app (choosing first the real second, second the simulated sensor) the android app gives the error - bad state. Unable to complete page configuration, the log shows: 4a19c1e2-1d7f-4ee0-8df6-88528094bd60 21:34:14: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: java.lang.String.getId() is applicable for argument types: () values:
Possible solutions: getAt(java.lang.String), getAt(int), getAt(groovy.lang.IntRange), getAt(groovy.lang.EmptyRange), getAt(int), getAt(groovy.lang.Range) @line 355 (doCall)

Any pointers?

I am unable to help with the error, however consider an alternate approach to this situation.

Simply use one simulated contact sensor for all delay profiles. When doing this make sure global settings are set as follows:

• “This app issues an intrusion message with the name of the real sensor?” should be on/true which is the default
  • “Simulated sensors must be unique” Off/False which is the default

PS: Please verify your source code is current.

Thank you for the quick response Arnb, appreciated. I’m using the latest (Jan 05, 2019 V2.2.5) and of course the update device handles. I thought it had to do something with a different brand of the door window sensor, but I’ll give you advice a try. Best regards Pierre

[Update Optional] Feb 05, 2019, 10:05AM EST

This update is optional and applies only to systems using the Centralite V3 Keypad.

Enhancements and Changes

• _Support for Centralite V3 Keypad including Panic when simultaneously holding both “police” icon keys on either side of the 0 key.

How to Install
There are two (3) modules associated with this update.

1. SHM Delay (v2.2.6). Module should be Saved, Published, then Installed with the Smarthings app (must be done first)
  2. SHM Delay Child (v2.1.3) Should be Saved, do not publish or install.
  3. SHM Delay ModeFix (v0.1.6) Should be Saved, do not publish or install.
  • Install via the repository (preferred), from the following repo.
    Owner: arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME)
    Name: SHMDelay
    Branch: Version2

Post Installation
When using a Centralite V3 keypad, update and save Globals, delay profiles, and modefix settings

Centralite V3 keypad (3400-G) image

Centralite V2 keypad (3400) image

1 Like

Sorry if I missed this (I tried searching through posts here)… I’m pretty experienced with smartapps and the IDE. What I’m not understanding completely is, do I need to create a separate simulated contact sensor for each contact sensor I wish to monitor for delay? And likewise for the motion sensors?

I have 3 or 4 doors I’d like to have on delay. I only currently have 1 motion sensor in the garage I need monitor bc I have pets indoors.

I’ve already attempted to start setting this up, but got a bit overwhelmed with the config options. I want to start simple with just a general 30 sec or maybe 1 min delay, but I’m guessing that I could also assign a different delay per door? Hence the delay profiles? Or is that more for different users?

Thanks for any help.

One simulated contact sensor is all that is needed.

Start simple with a single delay profile! I suggest using a delay profile only for doors that are active entry and exit doors when leaving you home. Should a motion sensor “see” a SHM Delay monitored door it will likely need to be included in the delay profile, otherwise not.

And yes, should you need multiple delay profiles, they may be configured unique delay times.

Follow the instructions at the top of this thread.

Got it, thanks for the help. My motion sensor does not “see” the door, but it does see a path outside the door. So it would trigger everytime someone walks up to my SHM delayed door.

• If the motion sensor always triggers prior to opening the door contact sensor, and triggering the motion sensor should create an intrusion, use the “When arming in away mode optional motion sensor entry delay time in seconds” setting to delay the motion sensor alarm on the delay profile.

• if it is OK for the motion sensor to trigger without opening the contact sensor, then I would send a warning message when motion occurs and not trigger an intrusion. This is how I handle my front door Ring door bell motion sensor that sees my package deliveries.

arnb,

Been a while since I needed to touch anything and I noticed several things of concern in the dashboard for smartthings regarding SHM Delay that I wanted your input on. I’m definitely a “set it and forget it” type so now I’ve gotten to a point of not knowing what to do with what I’m seeing.

Does that look right to you? Things seem to be working, more or less, but I want to be sure I’m “current”.

Thanks.

It means there are updates to the modules with the “magnifying glass” icon.

A few days ago SHM Delay, SHM Delay Child and SHM Delay Modefix were updated with an optional change only needed if you are using a Centralite V3 keypad. However, those changes reflect in the settings as an “updated” module.

SHM Delay Talker Child was last updated as follows
Dec 17, 2018 v1.0.4 Change speaker capability audioNotification to musicPlayer. Did not select Sonos speakers

I’m experiencing a problem that’s difficult to reproduce: once in every 10, 20 or 30 times I try to arm or disarm my alarm using my Iris V2 keypad the keypad beeps questioningly and starts to do some funky intermittent glowing of the ‘OFF’ , ‘PARTIAL’ and ‘ON’ lights. The ‘network’ light at the top right switches off or starts blinking. After a few minutes, the keypad happily reconnects to the hub and (dis)arms my alarm.
When I’m disarming, this takes too long and my alarm starts howling - much to my family’s dismay.

I’ve tried to place my hub (literally) next to the keypad, but the random disconnects keep happening. Now, I’m not sure if the keypad loses connection to the hub, or just to SHM Delay, or if the hub loses connection to the internet. Is there any way to find out what’s going wrong by checking the logs in IDE? And if so, what am I looking for?

Steps I’ve already taken:

• New batteries in keypad
  • Placing hub next to keypad
  • Checking internet connection (however, if the drops only happen every once in a while, this is difficult to check 100%)
  • Replace UTP to ST hub
  • Remove keypad from ST and re-pair (10 times)
  • Try different keypad (I’ve got two, of which only one is linked atm because I was afraid the problem was caused by the fact that there were two linked keypads)

I understand your frustration and also experience this issue. The keypad’s pin entry requires a system response in a short time frame. When the response is delayed, you get a keypad “light show” and the keypad drops the network connection. Sometimes the keypad will auto reconnect, somtimes it requires a battery pull. Some causes and possible solutions follow:

1. A slow down of the Smarthings Cloud or interrnet delays- no ST solution, perhaps migrate to Hubitat which is local

2. A poor Zigbee mesh delaying the response - try adding a good zigbee mains powered switch repeater between the ST hub and keypad.

3. Use my private keypad DTH or @RBoy’s keypad DTH. Both move the response from the processing logic into the DTH reducing the response time.

I’ve implemented suggestions 2 and 3 above without 100% success. Sometimes it works flawlessly for weeks, then fails for a few days in a row for no apparent reason. I am now in the process of moving to Hubitat.

PS I have two keypads, an Iris V2 (close to the hub) and Xfinity/Centralite V2 (far from the hub with a repeater in between). Both keypads occasionaly experience this issue.

PPS: I am not a keypad hardware expert. Perhaps someone with more detailed knowledge of these keypad devices could provide some addtional ideas.

@arnb Just something I have noticed…When I open the trigger door, the buzzer sounds within a second. If I close the door, the buzzer stops for 1-2 seconds and then resumes until I disarm.

I understand that is some unusual device behavior. SHM Delay issues a single beep command.

Check the IDE or Phone App for other apps using the device. If not caused by another app, I have no idea what causes this behavior

Could my ActionTiles be causing this? I most often use my Fire HD to arm/disarm, especially at the trigger door.

Also, another question. When I arm SHM with my phone the delay buzzer sounds, as it should. When I arm with my ActionTiles panels, the delay buzzer sounds, perfect. Is there a way to disable the delay buzzer from sounding when I arm at night with my ActionTiles on my panel in my bedroom? Similarly, is there a way to disable the delay buzzer when arming with my phone from within ST?

I doubt it.

WebCore, maybe. Not sure.