SmartThings Community

[Release] SHM Delay Version 2.0

smartapp_security

Thanks. I’m not getting the last “Save”

Are you suggest uninstall/reinstall Smartthings app?

(Arn B) #780

Yes. I have no other ideas.

Is there a way to make the exit delay work properly with both an Iris keypad and the tablet (via Actiontiles) to set the alarm? It seems to me like the only way to make it work is to set a delay in the global settings as well in the sensor delay settings? The problem with this is that it results in a double delay. Am I missing something? Thanks!

(Arn B) #782

I have a similar setup and get one delay based upon the arming source.

I only get the double delay when using the Iris keypad

(Arn B) #784

It’s on the list of things to be verified.

Thank you!

First post here. Been reading through, but so much seems application/hardware specific.

All I need is a simple entry/exit delay. SHM state is typically changed through mobile app, or a Aeotec Wallmote mounted on wall. Is there a simplified version for newbies like me?

Thanks.

(Arn B) #787

If you’re here you realized in the classic app SHM does not have entry /exit delays and creating them was not simple.
The documentation at the beginning of this thread should give you all the information you need to successfully install and use the app. It works with or without a keypad, however I have no idea if it will work with Aeotec Wallmote.

Got through the basics. Still have to fine tune. Not sure if entry delay is functioning properly. Exit delay seems to work fine. I have programmed the Wallmote to Arm/Stay/Disable SHM.

Thanks for the hard work on this. Donation sent. :slight_smile:

(Arn B) #789

I appreciate your generous donation,
Arn B

(Al Rosen) #790

I can’t seem to figure out how to add an additional "on/off switch ( light , etc ) to SHM Delay BuzzerSwitch. I have SHM delay & SHM TrueExit installed & working fine.How do I get additional devices listed under which
devices in SHM Delay BuzzerSwithc

Thanks,

Al

(Phil Panfili) #791

if we install this with the community installer, does it install everything for us? Or do we still have to add the switches and all?

(Arn B) #792

The app supports multiple devices with capability switch.

(Arn B) #793

It installs the app, not devices or settings

(Al Rosen) #794

I know the app supports multiple devices but how do you add them so they show up as a choice in the SHM Delay BuzzerSwitch. Do I add a virtual or simulated device under IDE . I also have LANnouncer & Big Talker2 installed. Could you give me an example?

Al

(Arn B) #795

Pair a real bulb, switch anything with capability switch, or create a virtual switch on the IDE.

I don’t understand what it is you are attempting to do. If you give me more information I’ may be able to help you.

(Al Rosen) #796

For example, how do you turn a light bulb, siren, etc on during the entrance delay. I guess. I do not understand how to “pair” switch etc.

Al

(Arn B) #797

Pairing is a term used when a device is installed on to a (ST) hub. After a device is paired it may be used with smartapps, like buzzer switch.

Suggest searing the forum for the term
Pairing

(Al Rosen) #798

Sorry I 'm not making myself clear to you. I understand how to add devices to IDE. What I do not understand is specifically with your smartapp SHM Delay BuzzerSwitch what exactly makes the device show up as a choice so you can select it. Wil any added piezo buzzer , virtual switch , simulated switch show up as a choice.

Al