SmartThings Community

[Release] SHM Delay Version 2.0

smartapp_security

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #718

Not at this time, it can only be done locally from the keypad using the 2 and 5 buttons. It’s on the TODO list for us.

(Arn B) #719

The 2/5 keys impact the sound when tapping a key on the keypad, but don’t seem to have any impact for the entry/exit beeps. Are you saying there is a hardware setting that can be sent to the device that adjusts the exit/extry volume on Iris V2 and/or V3?

(Arn B) #720

The command for the speakers is uses
theSpeakers.playTextAndResume(msgout,theVolume)

Lannouncer works as expected on my system: 2 Fire Hd8s and 1 HTC android phone, and speaks the entry message.

It should simultaneously produce speech on both speakers and TTS devices.

The capability issue will be fixed. Thank you for reporting it and including the solution.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #721

Its manufacturer/device/model specific custom implementation. Some support the ability to have custom sounds but haven’t been able to control the volume as yet, still investigating. Maybe in our next release we may have a way to control it for some devices.

(Arn B) #722

The two times a tried, Centralite refused to provide me any internal hardware information (“sorry that’s proprietary”) for their Keypads and their representative seemed dumbfounded and surprised when I explained there were many hundreds of their keypad devices installed and in use with Smarthings (and now Hubitat).

(Arn B) #723

[Update] SHM Delay Talker Child, Version 1.0.4, Dec 17, 2018 13:00 EDT

Enhancements and Changes

• Change speaker capability audioNotification to musicPlayer.
    Fixes inability to select Sonos speakers

How to Install
There is one (1) module associated with this update. When updating from Github, in the IDE change for each module shown below, insure you are using the arnbme SHMDelay Version2 repo for all modules

1. SHM Delay Talker Child (v1.0.4). Module must be Saved. (Do not publish)
  • Install via the repository (preferred), from the following repo.
    Owner: arnbme (in upper case that is ARNBME)
    Name: SHMDelay
    Branch: Version2

Is there a way to keep the Centralite keypad lights on all the time? Or at least have the armed button lights on?

(Arn B) #725

Asked Centralite a similar question a few months ago, they said no. I wanted to turn on the keypad lights when there was an entry delay.

(Al Rosen) #726

How do you get a reliable connection to the browser version . I initially connected and input ID . It shows as disarmed in Smarthings app but I do not know where to look in the app for the keypad. I have tried computer , cell phone with different brwosers .When I try to go to keypad using the browser I had to re-enter ID & it says its being used. I think I’m connected (keypad state hows in Smartapp - classic) but I do not know how to access the keypad. Also where is the settings to "keep cookies .

Thanks,

Al

(Arn B) #727

Cookies are controlled by getting into settings in your browser. The generated ID may be used once, so if you lose the id for a previously working simulated keypad, adjust your browser settings to save cookies, delete the existing simulated keypad profile and generate a new one.

I use Firefox for my main browser on my Windows 10 system and Android Smartphone, and for my privacy have set the browser to delete all cookies when closed except for those explicity allowed saved in the settings. In the Win 10 system this is done by

1. clicking on the “hamburger” in the upper right corner
  2. clicking options
  3. click privacy and security
  4. scroll to cookies and site data
  5. click on exceptions
  6. enter the url https://www.arnb.org and set it to Allow

This procedure varies in other browsers or systems

To use the keypad

1. setup one or more user pin profiles
  2. click “How to use” on the keypad page https://www.arnb.org/keypad/www/
  3. set whcih keypad you want to use then tap/click the number and mode (Iris), or mode and pin number (Centralite) dependent on the keypad selected

(Al Rosen) #728

Thanks for the info . I just want to confirm now, after deleting & setting up new keypad profile I can get the virtual keypad in firefox browser and it works ,even with the delays base on what’s seen on the keypad . I have not actually hooked up the zones to Konnected yet just programmed everything. In the smarthings classic app, I see whether the the virtual keypad is armed or not . I do not see where you are talking about setting up multiple pin profiles or how you have multiple virtual keypads . I can only get 1 . It seems that once I leave the initial virtual keypad it never works again. If I go to another browser or a different phone or computer and go to virtual keypad it asks for ID and says already in use.
If each virtual keypad only working in the initial window and you have to keep that window up forever.
If I ever get virtual keypad working ,if presence does not work to disarm, in the delay period is there some beeping sound to know you activated the alarm ( or do you know how to set that up). I guess I need to have a tablet with virtual keypad always on by the main entrance door.
Is this the way you see this working or do you have a better idea. I just need it to work the way a traditional alarm with a keypad works.

Thanks again,

Al

(Arn B) #729

If you want simulated keypads to function, set the browser to save cookies for https://www.arnb.org as stated in the documentation section 23 and noted in my prior post, or if you are using an Android device install the app APK.

Note the app in not in the Apple or Google play store since it costs me money and time to place it there, and I am not charging for the simulated keypad or the SHM Delay smartapp. The Android app was generated with PhoneGap from the html and Javascript used in the browser version. Simply generating a phone app for Apple costs money, so that is not going to happen.

Should you want multiple simulated keypads, create multiple simulated keypad devices.

(Al Rosen) #730

Thank you. I did not realize it’s easier to use the apk for android devices. I was trying to use a browser & testing on different devices which was a mistake I did note about setting cookies but must have done it wrong for chrome or was trying on different devices. I realize now 1 virtual keypad for 1 device and setup different virtual keypads for each different device if needed. I was just testing and that’s what messed me up going from 1 device - android or windows browser. I think everything will work perfectly.
Thanks again,

Al.

(Brian Webb) #732

Hi. I’m fairly new to SmartThings, and am trying to setup my Konnected alarm setup with SHM Delay. This looks like a really nice addition to SmartThings. Thank you for that!

The problem that I’m having is I cant get entry delay to work. This may be that I jumped ahead on the initial configuration by trying to put in a simulated keypad before I had the basics setup. When I had the keypad configured, no delays where working. I turned off the simulated keypad and now only the exit delay works, but not entry delay.

The symptoms are that, when testing entry delay using the provided instructions, the door contact sensor triggers, and immediately after the delay simulated contact sensor also fires and sets off the alarm.The logs show first a “Delayed Alarm Sensor intrusion detected” (Delayed Alarm Sensor is the name of my delayed sensor), and then a “Garage Entry Door intrusion, call Police at 911 at Home”. Of course, “Garage Entry Door” is my contact sensor associated with SHM Delay.

I’ve tried everything suggested in the instructions under “Alarm issued at Step 5”, but nothing fixes it. I do have a motion sensor, but it can’t see the area around the garage entry door. I even went as far as removing all sensors from SHM except the delayed sensor, and that had no effect.

Any suggestions on what to try next? Thank you in advance.

(Arn B) #733

I understand, there can be a big learning curve when setting up SHM Delay. However, this should be easy to resolve. SHM Delay uses the simulated sensor, not the triggering sensor to put SHM into Alarm Status, so the messages you received are normal. Here’s a suggested path to get this fixed:

1. Insure the delay profile specifies the Garage Entry Door for the Real Contact Sensor.
  2. On page 2 of that delay profile, set the “Alarm entry delay time…” to something greater than 0, suggest starting with 90 since it is a garage door.
  3. Save the profile, then retry your entry delay testing.

In order to use the SImulated Keypad one or more User (Pin) Profiles are required.

For Konnected issues, please try posting on the Konnected forum

I am having issues with the app accepting a real contact sensor. I keep getting the error message saying it is a “simulated sensor”. I attempted to enter the value in the IDE device type field to no avail.

My device type in the IDE is listed as:
“My MIMOlite - Garage Car Door v2”

I tried just 8 characters as well as the full string but neither work.

Well, I got it to work. Had to just use the first four characters, then had to go fiddle with another field such as motion sensors BEFORE hitting save. Then the value was accepted.

(Brian Webb) #736

Thank you for the help, but I tried what you suggested and that didn’t work.

I suspected there it had something to do with the half-configured virtual keyboard, so I removed all traces of the simulated keyboard, recreated the delayed sensor, re-configured, and this time it’s working.

I am pretty likely going to get a keypad anyways, so I think I’ll just go that route.

(David) #737

Is there a limit to the upper number? I tried to enter 300 (the line numbers changed since the first post) and the sensor does not activate the alarm at all even after the 300 sec. Same for 240 sec, 180 sec.

(Arn B) #738

No theoretical limit, suggest starting with a very low number and following the directions in the documentation section 15 for testing