[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

@arnb correct no code when using on or partial. Same with v2 of the iris.

Log Snippet:
a5481831-8b4e-47ff-a375-bc57e9d66b7c 9:35:04 PM: trace Alarm Keypad locked by user via keypad

a5481831-8b4e-47ff-a375-bc57e9d66b7c 9:35:04 PM: trace Processing Alarm Keypad lock event: [name:lock, value:locked, displayName:Alarm Keypad, descriptionText:Locked, data:{“method”:“keypad”,“armMode”:“armedAway”,“microDeviceTile”:{“type”:“standard”,“icon”:“st.locks.lock.locked”,“backgroundColor”:"#00a0dc"}}, lockId:9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559]

a5481831-8b4e-47ff-a375-bc57e9d66b7c 9:35:04 PM: trace Lock event name lock, value locked, device Alarm Keypad, description Locked, data {“method”:“keypad”,“armMode”:“armedAway”,“microDeviceTile”:{“type”:“standard”,“icon”:“st.locks.lock.locked”,“backgroundColor”:"#00a0dc"}}

5cf5861b-be79-4363-8855-615d43b93058 9:35:04 PM: debug Event Type: Enhanced ZigBee Keypad Lock

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: trace [[name:codeEntered, value:, data:3, isStateChange:true, displayed:false, linkText:Alarm Keypad, descriptionText:Alarm Keypad code entered is ], [name:lock, value:locked, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, descriptionText:Locked, data:[method:keypad, armMode:armedAway], linkText:Alarm Keypad]]

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: trace Sending Status 0300 to device

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: debug Sending status to device, Arm mode: armedAway

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: trace Method setModeHelper mode: armedAway, delay: 0

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: debug Sending acknowledgeArmRequest(0)

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: info Keypad locked

9c0b38ee-6ef3-47d4-a211-6620d6a1d559 9:35:04 PM: debug Received command with keycode/armMode: ‘’/3

Ok this answers my (now deleted) question to @RBoy about what is sent for ON (away) 3 with a null value
making partial 1 with a null value.

In the Ide devices, what is the data manufacturer and model for the V3 keypad?_

@rboy @riccanet

Completed reviewing the SHM Delay logic and code, and in my opinion the best way to handle the Iris V3 is as follows:

1. In the RBoy DTH. When there is no pin available on Partial(Stay) or On(Away) modes, set the pin to 0000 prior to creating the codeEntered event

2. In SHM Delay. The User creates a user pin profile of 0000 with no restrictiions. The SHM Delay logic already rejects 0000 for Off. Set the User name to “Iris V3 Instant On” or whatever you want. Other pin profiles used for ‘Off’ must also be created. Note the 0000 pin is already needed to use the V2 Instant on feature.

Need the V3 model number to insure there are no other conflicts and possible code changes needed in SHM Delay

@RBoy Should adding the 0000 create an issue for your logic, let me know.

Not at all, this section is all part of the “non lock” code and shouldn’t impact the lock management flows in any way.

Can be done

Sounds good

We’ll make this update and release today to the DTH

@riccanet

@arnb we’re working on a bunch of new keypads with some manufacturers and so expect to see that some of these models may behave in a similar fashion (no pin for arming and pin for disarming)

1 Like

Sounds good. As long as I know the model number and the DTH commands match the 3400 or 3405-L it should work. Making some minor changes for the model and will put that into the beta versions now.

With the forthcoming changes model will be needed only if it works like a 3400, four modes: off, stay, night, away versus Iris, three modes off, (partial)stay, (On)away

[Beta Release] Support for Iris V3

Minor change adding support for Iris V3 keypad. Requires latest (to be released) version of RBoy Apps DTH with Iris V3 support

User Profile Requirements
Requires a user pin profile of 0000 with no restrictiions used for ON and Partial. The SHM Delay logic rejects 0000 for Off. Set the User name to “Iris V3 Instant On” or whatever you want. Other pin profiles used for ‘Off’ must be created.

Installation module changes
Update module SHM Delay (V2.2.4) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / beta Save, then publish for me
Update module SHM Delay Child (v2.1.2) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / beta Save do not publish

Please report any issues

@RBoy @riccanet

1 Like

The DTH has been updated to version 01.05.04 to support SHMD requirements @riccanet .

https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-enhanced-zigbee-keypad-lock-centralite-lowe-iris-uei-and-xfinity-keypads-device-handler/124776/63

Arn sent you a PM on the github pull request for the panic button

Panic button logic was adjusted for RBoy Dth in the V2.2.4 SHM Delay module available in the arnbme/ SHMDelay/ beta repo @riccanet

1 Like

Loaded the beta SmartApp and the new DTH. So far partial worked great. I’ll let you know tomorrow if I have any issues with disarm or ON/away.

1 Like

[Update Released] Support for Iris V3

Minor change adding support for Iris V3 keypad. Requires latest version of RBoy Apps DTH with Iris V3 support.

I urge everyone to stay up to date, however this change is needed only if you are using an Iris V3 keypad with the RBoy DTH Version 01.05.04 and higher.

User Profile Requirements
Requires a user pin profile of 0000 with no restrictiions used for ON and Partial. The SHM Delay logic rejects 0000 for Off. Set the User name to “Iris V3 Instant On” or whatever you want. Other pin profiles used for ‘Off’ must be created.

Installation module changes
Update module SHM Delay (V2.2.4) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / Version2 Save, then publish for me
Update module SHM Delay Child (v2.1.2) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / Version2 Save do not publish

Please report any issues

Tag: @RBoy

1 Like

Is there a way to charge the keypad instead of using batteries? I was planning to take out the old keypad and somehow use the power wire to charge the device.

I remembered reading about this, and found this link. You can’t charge the device, but you can power it from mains.

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! Exactly what I was looking for. I see that he is powering the keypad from a switch but would it be possible doing that from existing wires of the old keypad? I was thinking all I would need is a 12v to 3v converter then just plug it into the keypad battery compartment.

Suggest contacting the original poster of that power conversion

I am actually doing exactly that for my other keypad. Using this to take the 12V to 3V and soldered to the battery terminals: https://amzn.to/2L2detb

I have 3 keypads outdoors and I am using the same setup for them as well .

Are you going to add that converter at the alarm panel or near the old keypad? Also, I saw that you didn’t solder on the old example. How did that work out for you? I’ve never soldered before so was planning to go that way.

I used the converter at the alarm panel so I can have a cleaner setup when I mount the keypad. Just make sure you have a volt meter so you can verify voltage before wiring things.

My first time soldering was with the keypads, simply soldered to the battery terminal using this: https://amzn.to/2Eadkha

This is the wires I soldered onto: https://amzn.to/2L56hYt
And then I connected the wire to the alarm panel wire using this: https://amzn.to/2PoWoW4

The old example was at an apartment that I sold, was using that setup for nearly a year without an issue. But at my house I decided to solder as I had 3 keypads outside (don’t want the battery to leak) and since I had a solder iron I decided to solder my interior keypad onto the alarm wires.

Alright, so I am trying to set it up before everything comes in this week just so I know what I need to do when I get everything. I understood most of the stuff but got stuck on creating a simulated contact sensor. I understand how to create one but don’t understand how its going to be used and what a delay profile is.

1. Simulated contact sensor is monitored by SHM and is opened when there is an intrusion. The real sensors defined in a delay profile must be removed from SHM monitoring.

2. Delay profile is used with any door used for normal access and egress. It sets delays, sounds and controls.