[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

I’ve got everything working except the motion sensors. The guide describes nicely how to ignore certain motion sensors (or all) so there’s no false intrusion detection during the entrance delay. I have the complete opposite problem: the motion detectors NEVER trigger an intrusion detection. In other words, I arm the SHM and then move around my house. The motion sensors sense motions but don’t trigger anything - the only things that trigger the intrusion are the door sensors I set up on Delay Profiles. How do I get the motion sensors to trigger intrusions with SHM Delay?

@arnb Arn what is in the update you did today. anything important, or just code fixes?

When the SHM Alarm State is set to Away, the motion sensors defined in a delay profile are set to trigger an instant intrusion after the exit delay expires

When the SHM Alarm State is set to Armed (Home) aka Stay/Night, Iris Partial, the motion sensors defined in a delay profile into a do not react. Should you want these motion sensors to cause an intrusion alert during Armed (Home) use the second screen in Smart Home app Security “Select sensors when home is occupied”

Please let me know the status of the SHM Alarm state and SHM mode, the exit delay time for keypads if any, exit delay time in the delay profile if any, and how the Alarm state is being set when you encounter this issue.

Some textual changes, and making things more correct and efficent with True Night Mode. Are you encountering an issue?

Can you explain how to define a motion sensor in a delay profile? When I create a new delay profile, I can only select door sensors, not motion sensors, as Real Contact Sensors. The only place in a new delay profile I can do anything with motion sensors is the “Ignore these Motion Sensors when Real…”, which is the ignoring piece, not the “trigger intrusion” piece.

When motion sensors are defined in the “Ignore these Motion Sensors when real…”, and removed from monitoring in SHM Security, SHM Delay monitors the motion sensors during Alarm Status “Away”.

No not all all, my problem is that my motion sensors have too long a range, and I have 4 near each other. I have two disabled in the delay profile, but now I might have to disable a third. Disabling the third leaves a large area without protection. Example I have one in my front hallway near the front door. A second in the laundry room near the entry from the garage. The third is 35 foot away in the living-room and facing toward the hall as there is a bedroom behind the laundry room. So when in away mode two motions near the two doors are disabled, which isn’t a bad thing as there are contact sensors. But the one in the living-room covers the three windows and the guest room. So I can’t disable it. That sensor triggers the alarm as soon as I enter the front door. I have tried to relocate it, but then it misses the blind spot. I think I have to spring for another sensor, and overlap the blind-spot… So not your problem, but mine. That is the problem with an open concept home.

Ok so that’s the crux of my problem. If that’s the intended result, it’s not what’s happening for me. I include all of my motion sensors on the “Ignore these Motion …” and remove them from SHM, and they still don’t trigger an intrusion. I receive a push notification that the motion sensors work, but they don’t trigger an intrusion, even in Away/Armed mode.

There is a bug in ST/SHM when prior intusion alerts are not cleared it issues messages but does not trigger another intrusion alert. Must clear the intrusion alerts with phone app.

Edit: from smartapp documentation in first post
There is a bug in SHM. When an intrusion alert is not cleared in the phone app, the next intrusion will send a notification, but will not execute any Security automations such as sirens or lighting. This is generally only an issue during system testing.
Work Around: clear intrusion alerts as they occur.

They are not disabled in Away mode, but are active.
see this post

It shows “Everything OK”, i.e. I always clear intrusion alerts. Appreciate you trying to think of suggestions - any other pitfalls like this I might be overlooking?

Now I have to figure out why the alarm went off when I entered the front door. It is neglected in the profile, removed from SHM. I just think I figured it out. I never looked at he message on which contact or sensor set it off, I think it is the office sensor which is six feet from the front door, but it has a wide angle up down and right and left. I will move it to face a little away and test. Thanks.

Just tested this again and it failed with both single and multiple motion sensors. Looking at the code now.

Motion sensor error not triggering an alarm in Alarm State Away is now fixed. @glog Thank you for finding and reporting this error. Please update module SHM Delay Child

Edit: Just checked the code in Version 1 and it is correct. Based upon what I found in Github history this error was introduced 7 days ago.

Hey everyone,
Is it possible to use simulated contact sensors but have it all under one device like this app is designed to do? I am using an EVL-4 so my contact sensors are not smart devices, rather triggered simulated ones based on real contact sensors. Am I just SOL to use this? Should I try and use CoRE instead?

I looked up an"EVL-4" and understand it creates simulated sensors you may be using in SmartThings.

Is there a problem setting up SHM Delay with this setup, and if so what messages are being issued? Also, is this currently working with Smart Home Monitor?

Rejected “real” contact devices can usually be force accepted by entering 4-8 characters from the IDE Device Type field into the delay profile’s Contact Name field.

It works with SHM right now. This smart app is basically saying that since they’re simulated sensors it won’t accept them. I can try out your suggested fix tonight. Screenshot_2018-03-28-09-28-37

If the sensor’s IDE “TYPE” contains the word “simulated” it will not accept the device. Please check the IDE and post your device’s information.

This is part of the contact sensor logic. The entered ContactName data is included in the ok_names field.

if (thecontact.typeName.matches("(.*)(?i)simulated(.*)") ||
	   (thecontact.getManufacturerName() == null && thecontact.getModelName()==null &&
	    thecontact?.currentState("battery") == null && thecontact?.currentState("batteryStatus") == null &&  !thecontact.typeName.matches(ok_names)))
		error_data+="The 'Real Contact Sensor' appears to be simulated. Please select a differant real contact sensor, or enter data into Contact Name field, or tap 'Remove'\n\n"

Exactly. That’s basically what I’m asking, can I still use this if my contacts are simulated? They aren’t smart devices, just old dsc wired contacts that are made smart through an additional module.

Please post the full Type information from the IDE for device named ZD: Front Entry. BTW what does ZD stand for?

I can easily add some code allowing you to use a simulated device, but want to do it right the first time.