I’m once again having some issues with IRIS keypads and “motion” causing intrusion alerts.
In SHM, I am monitoring the following:
Open closed sensors
- Basement Motion (a zone unto itself this is NOT from an IRIS keypad)
- Glass-Break (this is via a Konnected board so it’s seen as motion for the type but it’s looking for the open/closed circuit like the motion ones would).
The keypads are at the Front Door and the Basement Door. If I go to SmartApps -> SHM Delay:
Profile: Delay: Front Door
- Real Contact Sensor = Front Door
- Simulated Contact Sensor = Simulated-FrontDoor
- Optional Ignore these motion sensors during exit delay
- Basement Motion
- Iris 3405-L Keypad 2 (which is the basement one - it lost its name in a previous troubleshooting)
- Iris 3405-L Living Room Keypad
Basement door is similar settings to the front door with the naming and same motion sensors ignored.
If I look at my “Things” for the Iris keypads & go to settings, there’s the “Time in seconds for Motion to become Inactive (Default: 10, 0=disabled).” It doesn’t seem to matter what this is set at, the intrusion stuff still occurs.
Since SHM is only looking for simulated doors, a real motion sensor, and the glassbreak sensor… I am confused as to why motion being triggered by the sensor of the Iris keypads is seemingly causing the intrusion alerts? Is there a way to disable the motion detection/caring about it from the keypads in SHM Delay? Any idea why this is happening? My poor dog is going to have PTSD from the alarms. The cats seem to not care.
One last thing… SHM --> security says that the alert with sirens should only be 5 minutes. On Friday I was out at a concert and saw the notification after 5 mins was up so I figured the sirens would’ve turned off. I came home about an hour later and it was still blaring. Anyone have any ideas about that?
I have had it go off 4 times this afternoon/evening while I’m at work, so i am just disarming it from the ST app until I get home. I am pretty sure there was no real intrusion. I think that the motion of pets somehow has triggered the front door motion on the keypad (it’s the ONLY motion sensor in a technical sense that is on the first floor and it shouldn’t even be getting monitored at all). I may tape over the sensors… however, then I can’t wave at the Iris keypad to wake the lights on it for status and to see keys in the dark.