[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

One option of the SHM Delay simulated keypad runs as a HTML page, so it may be possible to have both on a screen by using iframes. Have never tried or considered getting my simulated keypad to work directly with ActionTiles.

There is a hub firmware update to 0.24 scheduled for Thursday Oct 11, 2018.

Iā€™m a beta tester and while using an earlier beta version of 24, the keypadā€™s network light would go out, and the keypad would fall off the network, and all the mode lights would blink (on /off/partial or icon lights on the Centalite) after entering a pin. Other than removing the keypadā€™s batteries there was no way to put the keypad back online.

However, by moving the acknowledgement response from the SHM Delay modules back to the keypad DTH I was able to cure the problem. So it appears this was a timing issue. Should you encounter this issue, the DTH is available in GITHUB arnbme SHMDelay beta. No changes are needed to SHM Delay modules

Please let me know if this issue occurs so I can have @zcorneli change the production keypad DTH.

Can you provide a link to the DTH? My Iris keypads do not work even after pulling out the batteries.

Thanks. I am getting a blinking network light on both devices after installing the DTH.

You may have to remove, initialize, then repair keypads. Instruction links in documentation at top of this thread.
This issue is different than what I encountered

Hi, I have lannouncer and bigtalker installed. Everything is working perfectly except when I get the delay exit message ā€œyou have 30 seconds to leave the buildingā€ it comes through multiple times along with the chimes. The result is ā€œchime chime chime chime you you have have have have 30 seconds to exit the facilityā€ lannouncer log is attached. I have 3 tablets set up, they are all working perfectly with other bigtalker notifications. Thanks in advance.

Thatā€™s really strange.
Howeverā€¦
Please post the number of kepads and delay profiles being used

5 profiles and 1 Iris keypad.

It appears you have found a bug.

My suggestion until this is corrected: keep the one profile for the main entry and exit door. Put the other doors contact back into SHM.

Thanks so much for looking into it. I can confirm removing all but one delay profile has corrected the issue.

1 Like

Arnb- thanks so much for putting all of this together. I have a couple of motion sensors, but I also have pets that are left at home some of the time but not all of the time. Obviously, when they are left home, I canā€™t have the motion sensors active, but Iā€™d still like to engage ā€œArmed/Away.ā€ In other cases, we take the pets with us, and would like to be able to use the motion sensors when engaging ā€œArmed/Away.ā€ What would be the best way to handle this in your opinion? Thank you.

I would purchase a centralite keypad that has the three mode icons:
Away entry delay motion sensors monitored - with pets
Stay entry delay donā€™t monitor motions - pets home you away
Night instant alarm dont monitor motions - all home sleeping
There are instructions for setting up the additional shm mode in the documentation

Ok, very good. Easy solution. Thank you. Is that essentially the only difference between Armed/Home and Armed/Away - that motion sensors are engaged with Armed/Away?

Thatā€™s correct ,but thereā€™s nothing stopping you from using motion sensors in armed night or armed stay. Itā€™s just a matter of how you set up SHM & SHM Delay

The main thing is you need three modes available on the centralite versus two that can be set using the iris keypad

I guess another difference between Arm/Away and Arm/Stay is that there is not an exit delay configured by default for Arm/Stay (because the assumption is that youā€™re not leaving presumably). Is that correct? If so, can that be configured somehow so that Arm/Stay can be used similarly to Arm/Away (but without engaging motion sensors)?

[quote=ā€œgomedog, post:530, topic:121800, full:trueā€]
I guess another difference between Arm/Away and Arm/Stay is that there is not an exit delay configured by default for Arm/Stay (because the assumption is that youā€™re not leaving presumably). Is that correct? If so, can that be configured somehow so that Arm/Stay can be used similarly to Arm/Away (but without engaging motion sensors)?
[/quote
You are correct, there is no exit delay with Armed/Stay. It would be possible to add custom code to both SHM Delay and Shm Delay Child to add an exit delay on Armed/Stay.

Another approach would be to use the Simulated Keypad on your phone so you could avoid a hardware purchase and set alarm after leaving your home. You could also use the ST App and just tap on a mode.

Hi arnb,

Iā€™m new here and maybe Iā€™m just overlooking something simple, but I donā€™t seem to be getting a delay when SHM is set for ā€œArmed Stayā€. Armed Away works great! If I set SHM for Armed stay, I cannot open my door as it will trigger my siren and routine for intrusion. My setup is very simple, Iā€™m just using a Kindle HD running Actiontiles to arm and disarm my SHM. Iā€™ve set the simulated contact in SHM to trigger in both stay and away (motion sensor set in away, not simulated) and setup the simulated contact in the smartapp per your instructions. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks so much for this app. It has made my system work like I wanted. Even with this small hiccup, it has made my system 1000% better!

1 Like

Please check and verify the following items:

1. In Smart Home Monitor Security for Armed (Away) unoccupied, and Armed (Stay) occupied:
    Use every open/close ā€¦ is set off/false;
    The monitored sensor is not selected in Open/Closed sensors

2. in Shm Delay Global settings: True Night Flag is off/false

Should this not fix it.

1. In Shm Delay Global settings: Issue intrusion message with nameā€¦should be on/true

2. Run test that fails

3. In notifications what is the sensor causing the problem? Should not be the contact sensor. Ignore SHm messages about the simulated sensor.

ā€™

Deprecated Oct 18, 2018. Beta release Oct 16, 2018 08:45M EDT

Changes and Updates

1. Support for RBoy Keypad DTH: Turn on flag in global setting when using the RBoy DTH.

2. When using a SHM Delay Talker profile: fixes sending multiple redundant non keypad exit talk messages to Lannouncer.
    Note: When arming from a non-keypad device or source, and multiple delay profiles are set, the announced non-keypad delay is the minimum time coded on all delay profiles, since we donā€™t know which door you will be using to exit the facility. However, should a door open, the actual non-keypad delay time coded in the delay profile is used for the exit delay calculation. This is a compromise avoiding a substantial code change.

Installation: Please Update from the beta repo

• SHM Delay V2.1.9 Save and Publish
  • SHM Delay Child V2.1.0 Save, do not publish

Tag: @RBoy @maddie @Jhbchristopher @bambrosio1

1 Like