[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

For anyone wondering—

“The Strategy”:

1. Set system to armed stay/night with the dashboard
  2. in My Home tap the simulated contact sensor to open - should create an instant intrusion alarm
    If not research the SHM and SHM Delay settings.
1 Like

Hi arnb,
Another minor issue I want to report is the phone number fields. For those fields I can enter multiple phone numbers with semicolon(;) don’t really work on iOS devices. There is no semicolon option from iOS keyboard for those fields. However, I found out a key from the iOS keyboard mark as “wait” that can enter semicolon. Once after I enter something or copy and paste something like 8771234567;8777654321 or (877)123-4567;(877)765-4321 or (877)123-4567;8777654321 then hit done on iOS keyboard then it becomes 87712345678777654321 without semicolon and other symbols.

Ian
Thank you for reporting this issue.

Apparenty the keyboard also changed in Android? To get to the ;/wait, I first have to tap *# in the lower left corner then I see “wait”. When my smartapp was first developed, I had an older version of Android and I don’t remember the keyboard having “wait”. The field input instructions will be revised to reflect this format.

On android I was successful entering 9085551000;(235)235-4567 My smartapp does not edit the phone numbers that are input.

Suggest contacting support with this issue.

1 Like

Hi arnb,
I will email smartthings about the issue on an iOS device. Thanks.

Wondering what is the asterisk key for on Iris 3405-L keypad. Does that work just like the number keys so we can have a pic like 12*3?? Does anyone use it? Thank you.

Nothing in SHM Delay, and I have not seen any information about the key in the Iris literature I don’t believe it is transmitted.

1 Like

This morning my SHM is set to armed away automatically which was unexpected.
The issue was my location mode automatically set to Away when I left. My fix mode was set as

Disarmed:
Valid: Home, Night, WFH
Default: Home

Armed Away:
Valid: Away
Default: Away

Armed Stay:
Default: Night

When I leave, it’s set to Away which is invalid for Disarmed so SHM Delay automatically switch the Armed Away to match the location mode. (The logic I guessed but I must guess it wrong)

When location mode is set to Away, my house actually still has someone in it. That’s why I can’t just set to armed away.

Then I updated Disarmed as
Disarmed:
Valid: Away, Home, Night, WFH

I thought that would work. However, it still switched to Armed Away when location mode changed to away.

Then I updated Armed away as
Armed Away:
Valid: Away, Home, Night, WFH
Default: Away

I am not sure if it will resolve my issue.

Presence is totally unreliable for many people. I used it for about a week and then gave up switched to a keypad I don’t think they play well together.

Change the mode fix settings at your own risk.

1 Like

After counting to 10 and breathing slowly for a few minutes, I am now able to say “these mode fix setting will totally screwup SHM and SHM Delay.” This is the reason for the Caution! Wrong settings may create havoc comments at the beginning of the modefix settings.

I also have no idea what mode is WFH–maybe wife home? Before adding additional modes attempt to use the system defined modes. For example Stay usually means “People at home system armed, but motion sensors ignored” I also cannot understand why Armed & Night are a valid disarmed state.

My suggestion: Reset mode fix and start over. Then if necessary make minimal valid changes.
State: Disarmed, Valid Home, Default: Home
State: Away, Valid Away, Default: Away
State: Stay/night, Valid Stay, Default: Stay

Hi arnb,
Let me explain the situation.
First WFH means Work from Home.

So I have 4 location modes, Away, Home, Night and WFH.
Me and my wife both are in life360 and my mom in law now stays with us she does not have any tracker.
My location mode will be set to away when me and my wife are not presence. The Away mode does not mean everyone is out.
Between sunrise and sunset is Home or WFH mode. The WFH mode is when me or my wife is still presence during certain time.
Night mode is set outside of the period between sunrise and sunset.

My armed stay is set to turn on at 1:00AM and then disarm at 5:00AM. As I mentioned I don’t use modes to drive the SHM status.

I played around and found out when I switch mode it goes to the corresponding SHM status.

If I modify to add more valid modes then it works as what I want mostly except Away and sync issue.
Let’s say
Disarmed:

Armed Stay:
Default: Night

When I change mode to Away, it changes to armed away. When I switch to Night, it changes to disarm. It does not go to Armed stay. it looks like there is a priority so it does not go to Armed stay even its default is Night. However, the Iris keypad will go to the default one which is Armed stay. This causes syncing issue between SHM and Iris Keypad.

When location mode sets to away, it always changes SHM status to Armed away no matter how many valid modes are assigned.

I will need to update the logic to set the location mode since it’s the only way to sync with Iris keypad and SHM status.

I will update what I will get once I make it work. Thank you very much.

I now have a solution for this issue.

I turned off to use fix mode to decouple location mode and Iris Keypad and instead of it using WebCore that always sync SHM status with Iris Keypad when location mode changes or SHM status changes.

Since I decouple location mode to Iris Keypad, my location mode can still work as what I currently have that does not drive SHM. My location mode will not change SHM status when me and my wife leave home (location mode auto to Away)

I think now everything is all set! Have a good weekend!!!

Thank you for taking the time to create this! I am using a Centralite keypad and have followed all the steps so far, but now while i am trrying to create the user profiles, it takes all my info, I click next and then the only options is remove or back, there is no save or other options.

Just tried on Android 8.1 and had no problem creating a user pin.

At a minimum a user PIN requires a pin number, username, and a pin type. Should you be putting additional information in please let me know what it is and if you’re using iOS or Android.

if you want to make an attempt at debugging turn on live logging before attempting to put in your information and let me know if there are any errors.

That’s interesting, maybe it needed time to replicate or something because when I went back in I was able to create a user profile with pin. Now I am trying to set the setting below and I only have 3 options, Home away and night but not coded.

Thanks for your help!!

John

“Coded” is one of modes

Do I have to create the coded mode somehow? it is not one of the options.

Thanks

No. Use the available modes
I’ll look into changing the documentation

Hi all,

So far so good with this, however I have two questions:

I have one Delay Door profile setup. It is the main entry/exit door, but it goes to my garage. I want this to delay entry when arriving and SHM is Away and I want this to delay exit when SHM is set to Away.

However, can I have SHM ignore this door and profile when mode is Stay? In Stay mode, I want SHM to monitor my Garage door sensor, and allow me to freely walk from house to garage without triggering the alarm or delay.

The second is whether I can create a virtual keypad in ActionTiles for PIN code entry?

Thanks!

If you accept the security risk and are up to changing the code it should be possible. Please note I have not tested this code.

In module SHM Delay Child around line 826
change:
if (alarmstatus == “off”)
to
if (alarmstatus == “off” || alarmstatus == “stay”)

ActionTiles supports one pin code securing the screen.

SHM Delay has a simulated keypad option supporting multiple pins. You can set everything up to test if pins work for you before purchasing a keypad. The latest Iris keypad is my suggestion if you want to regularly use pins. Its loud and plays well with SHM (Classic) and SHM Delay.

Thanks! I’ll try out the code change.

As for PIN code, it would be nice if a virtual keypad could exist as a device but have a full size keypad always on the ActionTiles dash, where the tiles just send the user manager key entries… I guess that’s more of a ActionTiles thing.

I’m already on-board with a Fire tablet as a keypad replacement so it’d be nice to get this worked out…