[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Hello. Hoping someone can help. I have SHMD 2.0 installed and have an iris keypad. Things are working for the most part but the keypad isnt beeping on door opens and when i enter the house the delay doesnt seem to work. The alarm just goes off before I can put the code in. I used the DH reccomended for the keypad. Removed the door open close snesors from the SHM and they are defined in the delay profile. No motion sensor at play here so its not that. Kind of stumped. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Normal in Stay mode(partial) for immediate alarm. Away mode (On) creates a delay. How was system armed?

Using default global settingg sHm Delay issues a message stating the sensor causing the alarm. What was it?

Ahh ok figured out the alarm going off immediately. The keypad still isnt beeping however. it did it the first time when i set things up when I was testing but doesnt doing it anymore. Doesnt beep for open door or entry/exit delay countdown.

Suggest following instructions in paragraph 13 and 14 of the doccumentation at the top of this page.
(Note: 8 key does not seem to do anything like sound on/off)

If this does not fix it, I received a report where the keypad volume was not adjustable. Probably due to firmware that for now can only be updated on an Iris hub.

Does anyone have an issue to pair Iris 3405-L Keypad? I got the DTH from miriad/Centralite-Keypad/master then paired the keypad. Yesterday I got the same issue that the keypad app showed no SHM status. However, for a long time I left it there and when I checked again it worked.

I removed the keypad this morning since it didn’t work to set arm/disarm. I repaired and now I am having the same issue. I did wait for like 20 minutes but it still hasn’t showed anything. Is this normal? How long it usually takes to start working? or maybe I did something wrong? I am attaching a screenshot of it. Thank you.

Based on the image, It appears to be disconnected.

Some things to try:

1. Is the network light on? If not it won’t function. Remove then reinsert the batteries. If the network light comes on you are back on the network.

2. If it still does not work try it closer to the hub. If that fixes it get a zigbee/zwave repeater switch. The keypad is zigbee but nice to also have the zwave repeat.

3. If on some or all occasions the network light turns off after entering a pin, try using my modified DTH at arnbme SHMDelay beta. It moves the command acknowledgement from the smartapp to the DTH. I have to use this on my system or my keypads go offline after entering pins. My keypads were constantly going offline (network light out) until I made this change.

4. These things act weird when the batteries are weak. If all else fails try a fresh set of batteries

1 Like

Thanks arnb,
After several times reset then I let it sit there for a long time. I then went into SHM Delay to add it then it worked again. Thank you.

BTW, yesterday it was working but I couldn’t add it in webcore. Today I can see it in the list to add to webcore.

Now I have 3 things can’t figure out.

1. Panic button. I do not see it triggers any intrusion alert or detection. It just simply set the SHM to armed away. Without detect an intrusion, the siren will not sound. The setting I did is set true to Panic Key is monitored in global settings.
  2. Once I use Panic button, the keypad app’s panic button background becomes red always. No idea how to change it back.
  3. In global settings for add 3 digit emergency, every time touch it then smartthings crashes and quits. It also happens in the v1 SHM Delay. I am using 2 iphones with iOS 12.0.

Thank you.

1. Make sure all prior intrusion alerts are cleared in the phone app or no other alerts are issued. Known SHM issue.

2. Stand alone test the siren

3. go to Global settings, click/tap next, click/tap save

4. Set system to Partial, go into My Home, Open (tap status box) the simulated contact sensor you should get an alarm.

5. Kindly take a look at documentation section 15 Testing

Regarding the 3 digit code. In the IDE click/tap Live Logging. Attempt to set 3 digit code. Send any errors to me and likely also ST Support. It works on my Android phone.

Why in the world are you using V1 of SHM Delay? I truly hope this was a typo. If not get rid of it.

1 Like

Hi arnb,
Thank you for the reply. The story is I started with v1 and I thought it was v2 at the very beginning. That’s why I know the same behavior from the 3-digit between v1 and v2. I now am using v2.

1. I read the previous post about SHM bug so the first thing I tried was to check the previous alerts, but I did not have intrusion alerts unless you meant those records in the history tab. In the history, I can see many records such as sliding door intrusion detect. Each one of them has a video record. I do not see there is anyway I can clear all the history.

For 2-4, and 5, are those for my issue #2?
So first, I need to test my siren to make sure it’s working right? (It’s working)
Next go to Global settings in SHM Delay. In Global settings, I don’t see any Next or Save. It only has Done. (iOS 12)

For 3-digit code, I will post the log when I get home. I am also attaching the screenshot for global settings to show you that I only see Done action I can use.

Thank you so much for your time.

Ok I guess it’s Done on the iPhone app and Save on the Android. So just tap it. The reason is (at least on Android) if a setting is changed but not saved/done, it shows but does not get used AFAIK.

Regarding the instrusion alerts: on Android (perhaps on iPhone) tap on Dashboard. There is a box that says “Home Solutions”. Normally it shows “everything OK” on the upper right in the box, otherwise it shows there is an alert, tap that alert text and it should give you the opportunity to clear any alerts
 As I said if not cleared, the next alert gives some notifications, but does not trigger SHM alarms, sirens, etc.

Hi arnb,
I am attaching the SHM screenshots here. As you can see, there is no alert. However, there are records in the history section. In this case, I believe I do not have prior alerts stuck in the app. Perhaps it’s an issue for iOS smartthings app? Thanks again.

Hi arnb,
I checked the live logging with 3-digit code and there was nothing generated. Smartthings just quits unexpected. I have tested in 2 iPhones with iOS 12. Maybe it’s a bug only for iOS smartthings.

Can anyone confirm the issue too? Thanks!

Hi arnb,
I got more issues

I just went to my Smartthings app to check and saw my Iris Keypad is armed away by this morning around 9:23am which I didn’t use the keypad this morning. I only see SHM Delay kicked in to set it. The SHM is still in disarmed mode. I checked the settings in SHM Delay for executes routines are correct. I have attached the screenshots. Thank you.

!

Panic changes the keypad to armed/away then issues the intrusion alert. For some unknown reason is was not reset. Update just noticed the Panic Key is Monitored is OFF, set it ON

Based upon the intrusion screen shot it appears all intrrusions were issued by SHM. An Shm Delay instrusion always shows the Simulated contact sensor name as the trigger, and another optional message with the actual sensor causing the issue.

Just wondering if you have established one or more Delay Profiles, one or more user (pin) profiles and, adjusted SHM to use the simulated contact sensor?

Should you have valid delay and user profiles, I suggest we attempt a phone conversation. Send me a private message with your phone number, time zone, and a good time to call.

Hi arnb,
Thank you so much. I will send you a private message later. Let me provide you more information first.

1. I turned the panic key off because of it’s not working and the panic button stays in red. I turned it off to see if it would reverse to normal status.

2. The “Delay Contact Sensors” is the simulated contact sensor. The real contact sensor for it is the sliding door. It happened on 9/15. You can see in the yesterday intrusion, there is a sliding door also. I now have armed away without any delay sensor so the real sliding door is there. When it’s armed away, the sliding door opens then it detects right away. For my armed stay setting, I have the simulated contact sensor for sliding door. Therefore, when it’s in armed stay mode, the simulated contact sensor triggered then the real contact sensor shows up the next.

3. I currently only have one delay profile and one user profile for pin. The delay profile has simulated contact sensor (Delay Contact Sensors). In SHM for armed stay, I have Delay Contact Sensors without adding the real contact sensor. In armed away, I don’t use the simulated contact sensor, instead of I use the real contact sensor.

ADJUST YOUR SHM SETTINGS!!!
The real monitored delayed contact sensor must be removed from SHM (Away and Stay)
The simulated contact sensor must be monitored by SHM Delay (Away and Stay)

Please let me know what I can do so make this clearer in the documentation.

8. Setting SHM Security for use with this app

In Both: Sensors When home is unoccupied, and When home is occupied

• Use every open/close sensor: off/false
  • Open/Closed Sensors: exclude Real Sensors monitored by this app, include Simulated contact sensor used by this app; include other real contact sensors not monitored by this app, and be sure to exclude all keypads that show up as a sensors
  • Motion sensors unoccupied mode (Away): When an optional motion sensor is defined in a Delay Profile remove it from SHM Security monitoring
  • Motion sensors for occupied mode (Stay/Night) Exclude motions sensors where you would normally move around at during the night or while you are at home. If you don’t know, set no motion sensors in this mode.

Hi arnb,
Sorry about the crazy spam I’ve generated. I deleted most previous posts and have the final result after my setup correction in this post.

1. Panic button icon in red -
Once a panic button is triggered, the Iris Keypad app’s panic icon is in red always. I confirmed it’s the same behavior with another user who’s using the same DTH. I went into the DTH and read icon:“st.security.alarm.clear”, backgroundColor:"#bc2323" and icon:“st.security.alarm.alarm”, backgroundColor: “#ffffff” so it’s proved the behavior too. I simply swap the background color to correct the behavior(From what I think should be the correct behavior).

2. Panic alert -
I am using iOS. I have tried it multiple times and this Panic button can trigger an intrusion alert only when the SHM is in Armed Stay mode. The other 2 modes Disarmed and Armed Away will only set to Armed Away and generate notifications.

3. 3-digit Code in global settings -
Every time tap on it, Smartthings app quits unexpected. I have tried 2 iPhones with iOS 12.

4. Extra -
Last night I realized after my webcore fired to set SHM to Armed Stay, Iris Keypad app was still showing Disarmed. I guess I need to update the webcore to run the logic on the Iris Keypad to setArmedStay() not the one with set Smart Home Monitor to stay. I now have updated the logic in webcore to include both set Smart Home Monitor to stay and set Iris Keypad with setArmedStay(). I haven’t tested it yet, but I guess I just ONLY NEED setArmedStay() to make it work.

Thank you very much.

1. Panic Icon Button Color in DTH. Does not impact SHm Delay
  2. Panic works when SHM settings are set according to my prior notes and documentation
  3. 3 digit code - Contact tech support
  4. Read the documentation and set up Modefix. Makes the keypads follow alarm status settings not done with a keypad
1 Like

Hi arnb,
Thank you so much to spend your time to help me on the phone and share your knowledge about your experiences.

The followings are my updated result.

I think the most important thing for me was the sync issue between SHM and Iris Keypad app. After your explanation, I checked the fix mode settings again and understood. I have my valid modes with few modes and set a default mode. Also turned on the mode fix option in global settings. The sync issue is resolved and the location mode is updated as expected.

For the panic button, I removed the panic user profile since I use Iris keypad(According to your explanation). I also found out I was doing a stupid thing that I had the wrong simulated contact sensor in the away mode that’s why it was not working. I used your strategy to test and realized there was no intrusion detection when I opened the monitored contact sensor in away mode then found out my stupid setting. (This is called user error. No one can fix user errors. It was my bad)

So now it has only one thing left which is the 3-digit code setting. I am okay with that. I guess it may be a smartthings classic app on iOS issue. I will email the support and see how they respond. Again, this is not very important to me since it’s not the main function.

Again, thank you so much. arnb you are awesome and the SHM Delay is awesome. Thank you for your kindness and time. I am truly appreciated!!!

1 Like