[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

I manually loaded the Play Store onto two Kindle Fire 8’s that are not rooted. Once the play store app is installed you can download and install most anything in the store onto the Kindle Fire.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sitesearch.php?q=kindle%20fire%20play%20store

Should you prefer an automoted approach:

2 Likes

Ooh, nice! Yeah I have an old original Kindle Fire HD 12.9 or whatever it was and then I have a Kindle Fire 7 that’s about a year old. I hadn’t tried anything since the old one, which required a lot more to get things going on it (I had only explored it because the lack of YouTube natively). I will see what version the big one is running for OS since that will be my bedroom ActionTiles device (less critical than other locations) and then the 7" is in my office upstairs (also not as critical). So, I’ll try on both of those. The other 2 tablets are an Acer and LG that are native Android. I ordered an IRIS that I’d like by the front door, because the 1st floor tablet (old keypad location) is in the dining room, which sucks when you’re tracking in snow to get to it.

What all is the LANNouncer TTS stuff used for then? I think I’m unclear on that/if I need it. Does it announce the type of alert that’s generated/zone etc.? I figured I’d just look at my phone or the tablets to see what’s alerting because the siren would be so loud anyway.

LanNouncer, available on Google Play Store, provides TTS support and tones on an Android or hacked Kindle tablets. Paired with Bigtalker and my SHM Delay app for special keypad states, it provides speech, that in my opinion brings the SmartThings system “to life”. I have this setup installed on 2 Kindle Fires and 1 old Android phone, mainly used for ActionTile displays.

For example: my system is armed in Away mode, the Front door opens, the Kindle near the front door and the other two Lannouncer devices speak “Please enter your pin on the keypad”. This is in addition to both keypads sounding entry delay tones, and the siren giving a 1/4 second warning beep.

Should you have speakers connected to ST they may also be used for speech.

1 Like

I apologize in advance for this novice question, but I need a little clarification regarding keypads (I have bought one IRIS so far). Currently, I have ActionTiles and some old tablets, which are having issues with batteries, need cleanup, etc. In a nutshell, they aren’t reliable to stay on/behave in time to disarm the alarm, so I am just using my phone at the moment and via the ST classic app I’m just doing ARMED (AWAY), ARMED (STAY), and DISARMED via the dashboard for SHM. All that works and my entry and exit delays are working as expected.

For the IRIS, I am assuming that ON = ARMED (AWAY), PARTIAL = ARMED (STAY) and OFF = DISARMED respectively. But, I see things in notes related to the Routines like Good Night! etc. I’m unclear how that ties together with the device and smart app handlers related to the keypads. Can you clarify?

Right now, I have the device handler “michpond: Centralite Keypad” published (from repo) in my SmartThings IDE (also what does DTH stand for? Device Thing Handler? The acronym confused me).

In my SmartApps, I added from the repo both that were available (not sure what was needed), so I have “ethayer: User Lock Manager” and “statusbits: Smart Alarm” but I think maybe I don’t need either of those since I have SHM Delay already. In any case, since it was in the repo, I added it.

I’m a little unclear where I go from here as far as pairing/associating to app.

Also, for user PINs, I am not sure what to choose? Essentially I want the armed away, armed stay, and off to work from user PINs, but I’m new to SmartThings and have no idea what applies as far as Routines and Pistons that I need or may need? I would like to get to having the announcements on entry/exit with LanNouncer and if there’s a way to get things to announce on Alexa devices, that would be the actual goal, since I’ve now got those scattered about in most parts of the house.

Probably a typo there, but on = armed away, otherwise what you have written is correct.

Essentially, this smartapp ties one of the buttons on your keypad to the execution of a routine, but you have to set which routine (in the smartapp’s settings) and what action occurs when the routine runs (in the routine’s settings). For example, when the keypad “on” button is pushed, that can cause a “goodbye” routine to execute, and the goodbye routine sets your SHM state to armed (away).

As long as you are referring to the keypad DTH in @arnb’s GitHub repository then that’s fine. There is an older version of Mitch’s keypad DTH that doesn’t completely function with all the features of this smartapp. DTH = device type handler, which is the term ST uses for a device driver.

Correct, those smartapps are no longer needed. I recommend removing them from your hub.

Not sure what this means?

Also not quite sure what you mean here? PINs are set in the SHM Delay smartapp’s settings. You can have as many or as few as you’d like.

I don’t use lannouncer for TTS announcements, so I’m afraid I can’t help with that. I’m not sure if there’s a specific issue you’re having, but Arn can probably help if you have specific questions.

Yes, that was a typo. Thanks.

Ok, so I think the 2 above are related in my response, so I’ve quoted both together…
When you refer to “the keypad DTH in @arnb’s GitHub repository” the only one I see is “arnbme : Internet Keypad” but I’m confused as I thought that that was just for a “virtual keypad” and not the physical ones? He also mentions the mitchpond github there for the testing. Is his just that code + additional features specific to the SHM Delay 2.0 smartapp, so the other isn’t needed anywhere but (maybe testing)?

As far as when you say to configure “in the smartapp’s settings” are you referring to the SHM Delay smartapp under sim keypad profile, or somewhere else? Are the keypad profiles 1 for 1 with the physical ones if you have more than 1 IRIS keypad in the house? Do they share a profile if they do the same things? How do multiple users work with that?

I’m referring to the “Create A New User Profile” under “PIN Usage” it has the options of

• User
  • UserRoutinePiston
  • Routine
  • Piston
  • Panic
  • Ignore
  • Disabled

In the documentation under paragraph 11 step #7, the following are listed, but the definitions added a little confusion, since my original thought was just that I’d be creating a “User” but the “UserRoutinePiston” says that’s a user and then it can execute optional Routines, then executes optional Pistons. I didn’t know if I need those or not for what my end goals are with any announcements. I don’t think I need to say “Hi _____. Please disarm the alarm” or something user specific, so I would assume I don’t need optional routines or pistons… I just need the global routines to do whatever based on ON, OFF, PARTIAL on the keypad, I think?

Here’s what’s listed on #7 so you don’t have to scroll for it:
Set Pin usage

• User - this is a person, pin arms or disarms SmartThings
  • UserRoutinePiston - this is a person, pin arms or disarms SmartThings. then executes optional Routines, then executes optional Pistons
  • Ignore - pin is treated as undefined
  • Disabled - pin is accepted but does nothing
  • Routine - pin is accepted and executes a Routine. Executes a unique Routine for Off, Stay(Partial) or Away(On) mode
  • Piston - pin is accepted and executes a WebCore Piston. Executes a unique Piston for Off, Stay(Partial) or Away(On) mode
    requires the full WebCore Piston’s external URL
  • Panic - pin is accepted and creates a SmartThings intrusion when global Panic is set to true
    Iris keypads and some Centralite keypads have a Panic key or setting

@arnb I would love to get your app working but am running into an issue. My setup is I have a thingshield connected to my Vista20P security panel and use a smartapp to create all the virtual contact sensors from that system in ST. It works great except every time I come home I get intrusion warnings because I don’t disarm until I open a door. It’s super annoying. I installed your app, but I cannot add the sensors because they are all simulated. I tried adding the 4-8 characters in that optional field but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any thoughts or am I out of luck? Thanks a lot!

The last person that bumped into this needed to press done after entering the text in order to make it work

Start out with using pin type User
Catching up with your posts
Use the dth specified in the smartapp documentation and the default routines specified in global settings

I got the IRIS working ok and I’ve got 2 users set up as USER so that part is good. Is there a way to make the IRIS pads show the indicator constant lights like green for unarmed/orange for armed or whatever they normally natively do? It would be nice to have a visual indicator as a reminder before opening a door or after unlocking to be sure it unlocked. The beep with the higher pitched 2nd tone when it accepts a command appears to be the only indicator right now unless I’m looking at a tablet with ActionTiles or the Samsung app on my phone, but guests wouldn’t have the Samsung app.

Also, I got my new Fire HD 8 and ran the scripts with ADB that you recommended. That all went well and I now have the LANNOUNCER app installed. I’m looking at the steps in the instructions and I’m a bit confused. When I’m in SHM Delay and go to create a new talker profile, it is greyed out for LanNouncer/DLNA TTS Devices and for Speaker Devices. Do I have to establish the devices as being available somewhere else? I haven’t found that.

You have to set up the lannoucer device Handler for each tablet or Android device you want to talk. Check out the lannouncer website for all the documentation. You may also want bigtalker along with the talk profiles in shm delay. Between keypads talking and delays it’s a lot of stuff you have to accomplish take your time.

There is no done to press anywhere…I have tried pretty much everything. Hmmm

Hello,
Thanks for creating this SmartApp. It’s great. I’m having one issue with the entry delay. When entering as soon as I step in front of the motion sensor, the alarm goes off. I have taken the sensor out of SHM and the only item SHM is monitoring is the virtual sensor I created called SHM Contact Sensor. Looking in the history of the sensor, I can see the attached. Am I missing something in the setup? It seems that the contact opens and then SHM Delay closes it, but that’s after it’s already tripped the alarm.

My Iris keypad has been falsely reporting 0% battery for about a week now. According to the post at the link below, ST support says that back end changes to the platform caused this, and that some custom DTHs would need to be updated. I’m using the DTH recommended by arnb in his instructions for SHM Delay 2. Does anyone know who to contact for this to be updated, since it’s not supported by ST?
https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-lowes-iris-and-xfinity-centralite-keypad-dth-apps/58630/764?u=grillmouster

I believe it was @zcorneli that updated @mitchp’s original DH.

I am using the Iris Keypad (3405-L) and trying to get the chime for sensor exits to work.

It looks like smart things is sending the notification to the keypad but I do not hear anything. I saw in the instructions to hold down 8 but that does not seem to change the outcome. Any ideas?

Hi! Thanks for making this SmartApp @arnb !

I have set everything up and am satisfied with the exception of one issue. I have 2 Iris Keypads. When I only had one keypad set up the door chime was working. When I now have two set up, I do not get any door chimes on the second keypad. In the delay profile I have set up, I have specified for both keypads to chime when a real contact sensor opens. I am not sure what else to do. Can you please help?

The 0% issue was also reported on the CenterCode beta testing list. Oddly, my Iris and Centralite both report 100% battery.

Here is the respone. However before you apply the change read the thread below.

Tom Manley

4 Days ago

Hi Sunny,

This was actually related to a Groovy upgrade we did on the cloud side. The Centralite Keypad DTH contains the following code on line 387:

result.value = Math.min(100, (int) pct * 100)

That needs to be changed to:

result.value = Math.min(100, (int) (pct * 100))

After you publish that change the next battery report should be correct. A similar issue was reported on the community about some the ST published DTHs:

Hope this helps,
Tom

2 Likes

When SHM Delay creates an intrusion alert a message with the real sensor causing the problem is displayed in the Notification Log and optionally as a Push or SMS message. Additionally, the delay profile allows for motion sensors to be both delayed and ignored in the delay profile.

The need for a delayed motion sensor occurs when a physical door opens, the contact sensor does not register as open, but the motion sensor sees the door’s motion, causing an alert. In the Delay profile this is the time set by “When arming in away mode optional motion entry delay time…”