[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Yes, that’s what I did, but as you know, I’m a problem child and I suspect that my priority is very down in the bottom… Thanks for the conversation.

Just wondering if Hubitat support understands the issue with motion sensors going off when the door opens, and what if anything they plan on doing?

When a user first reported this issue with SHM Delay, it took me a while to understand/grok it, then a while to figure out how to fix it. Until you mentioned it occurring on Hubitat, I thought it was more of a cloud transmit/processing delay issue with SHM rather than a local harware timing issue.

They replied to me that there is a bug, the entry delay in away should have delay other devices after the first door with delay is open.

for the entry delay in stay mode, apparently it was not avialable, they are asking my scenario so they can understand why I need an entry delay in stay mode.

I don’t feel in very bottom now :slight_smile:

I bet I will wait ages here for this request…not you, I mean ST, but that’s why SHM Delay?

Thank you.

Hmm…In SHM Delay: Once a delayed contact sensor opens, all the motion sensors in that delay profile are ignored for the entry delay time. I suspect your issue is not this, but the motion sensor tripping when the door moves but the contact has not opened.

Because when there are multiple people in a facility and someone is out late while the others are sleeping, and the sleepers want the protection of an alarm, an entry delay is required. If everyone is at home asleep then instant alarm mode is the choice.

In my case, I followed the logs and the motion sensor is triggered by a body after the door logs the open state in the hub, not by the movement of the door, but yes, I see your point and probably someone will have the issue later. I did not installed any motion sensor looking directly to the door because my doors has glass and someone walking in the outside could trigger the motion, or maybe not but just in case.

It’s possible. I have a motion sensor in my dining room that had a very oblique view of my kitchen window. Walking past the window did not trigger motion. However, the lawn folks walking past the window with a hot gasoline engine caused many unwanted alarms until I repostioned the sensor so it did not see the window.

Hubitat updated their safety monitor app to work with iris and xfinity keypads only one day ago, and they have already acknowledged a couple bugs and feature requests.

Based on the way they tend to release minor changes, further updates will likely be available within hours or days.

Hello, first I want to say great job on this so far. It really solved a headache for me when I kept forgetting to to disarm my system before letting the dogs out in the early morning hours. Nothing quite like a siren going off to really wake you up…

Speaking of which, I have two delay profiles set up: kitchen door and garage door (exterior entry). I also have my garage door lift sensor/opener set to automatically close my garage door lift if left open as part of an automation when I leave the house. Well I left the garage door lift open intentionally to take the dogs on a walk. When I returned, my goodbye routine had run and closed my garage door as part of that automation. But i had received a “simulated contact sensor intrusion” in my app and my siren was going off. Any ideas to what might be the problem? I don’t want to come home to deaf dogs should I forget to close my garage door lift. Thanks!

Make sure global “Issue Intrusion message with name of triggering real sensor” is on/true (default) to get any messages/notification about the real sensor that caused the issue. Set the delay profile: “log to notificaions” , “Send Push Notifications”, “Send Sms Message” for additional options, one of more of thise should also be set.

Without any app generated notification you must manually review each device’s “Recently” in “My Home”, and purchase ear muffs for the family and dogs.

I have a question. I am currently using an iris keypad which seems to work very well with SHM Delay. In the default setup step 10 “Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM” shows “There are no devices of this type”. Is this supposed to show the keypad I have installed?

That’s really odd. I have an Iris and a Centralite, and both show on that setting.

Please verify you are using:

1. Smartthings Classic phone app (not Connect)
  2. The DTH is from this link
  3. The Iris Keypad device is using the correct DTH in step 2. If not change it in the IDE
  4. In the IDE Device List, the Iris keypad should show as Type: Centralite Keypad
  5. Module SHM Delay version 2.1.6 is in use

This is the definition for that control i module SHM Delay

input "globalKeypadDevices", "device.CentraliteKeypad", required: false, multiple: true,
  			title: "Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM"

I am running the classic app. I was running Rboy’s Enhanced Keypad Lock DTH. Just changed to the DH you recommended and it’s working great! Thank you for your help!

I have Konnected.io for connecting up my existing alarm sensors. It also has it where you can output to a piezo buzzer. Until recently, it had only the “beep” function, but the continuous beep function was added as an “alarm” functionality in ST. Is there a way to choose that function over the beep function for the delay profile setting for “Beep these devices on entry delay (optional)”?

BTW, the setup for this was much easier than I originally thought and it works great!

The “Beep these devices on entry delay” is designed to send a short loud beep command to one or more sirens as a warning.

Feel free to adjust module Shm Delay Child around line 427 to capability.tone, and again around line 449 to issue the alarm command rather than the beep.

It may be easier to set this up as a Webcore Piston

At line 427 change this to capability.tone to select other devices

input “thesiren”, “capability.alarm”, required: false, multiple: true,
title: “Beep these devices on entry delay (Optional)”

Thanks. I’ll give the WebCoRE rule a try. That might be more flexible, too.

Hi there. I am using a simulated sensor on my front door as my real contact sensor ( linked to a Z wave Fibaro multi sensor) on a profile delay and it wont let me use it . I have put simulated in the force accept field and that does not work. Also installed your beta version 2 from scratch and still no joy. Any thoughts ?

Sorry just got it working. Using Samsung note 8 and when inputting the force accept name you have to press done on the keyboard to get it to accept the name inputted
Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for the great app. I have the entry/exit delays tested and need to work on the steps for the voice. I think that will get me countdowns? I noticed on the steps for that, that you say Exit Delay and Exit Delay and I think you mean Entry Delay and Exit Delay. :slight_smile:

18. Sound and Text to Speech (TTS) announcements

1. Most sounds and TTS announcements can be performed with Big Talker 17, RemindR 5, or your favorite app, with two major exceptions: Exit Delay and Exit Delay.

Argajag, I am also using Konnected (been working on wiring and programming over the past couple of weeks). I can confirm that SHM Delay works for entry/exit delay with Konnected and the chirping works as well but it’s only on entry delay or when it is set to off. You don’t get the door chime when you have exit delay and you’ve set the system to armed. As such, since I always want the beep, I’m keeping the beeping through the smart lighting app instead. For the voice thing, I haven’t gotten that set up yet, but that’s my next step…I think it will work given the apps mentioned in step 18 in the documentation are available through the kindle app store (or apk’s are available elsewhere to get them side loaded). Otherwise you’d need a fully rooted device potentially where you could run play store. Everything is playing well with ActionTiles. I have the sensors that I view in actiontiles set up to look at the “actual” sensors and not the virtual ones I am using for open/closed and then I’ve got the SHM native app for the armed (away)/armed (stay)/Disarmed toggle. I’ve got that tile locked with a PIN #. The one thing that stinks about action tiles is I would have to create different tile panels for different users if I want multiple PINS or a single panel with different user buttons on it and I’d lose real estate for the other stuff. So, for my front door (which is what any guest would be coming through), I am going to get an IRIS keypad so that I can maintain multiple user PIN codes. Also, the upside of that for me is the old 1st floor keypad location is in the dining room, so in the winter you had to try and get boots off quickly or track snow to get it turned off in time. The doorside IRIS will be a nice add-on for that reason and the tablet will be nice for monitoring status. The basement and upstairs keypads will be tablet only. BTW, once I get everything situated, I’ll put a “successful install” post on the konnected website forums with pictures and tips for new people, which hopefully will answer a lot of questions I had through the process. I still can’t believe Samsung doesn’t have entry/exit delays as a native option in SHM, but I’m really thankful that someone wrote an app to work around it!

Countdowns are problematic using a cloud based system, and will almost always be wrong due to internet delays and cloud computing delays. Would likely work well on something fully local, like Hubitat. The keypad’s entry/exit tones are a single hardware command for on and off, and generally work well.

Thank you for finding that error with the documntation. It was fixed.:smiley: