[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Two brief questions. 1. Keypad beeps are only working on one keypad but both will arm/disarm correctly. I did try “8” on both. Is this by design? 2. You must have SHM Delay on any door sensor you want keypad beeps? I only seem to get it on the delayed door sensor.

Thanks!

I currently have one delay profile although I have tested with two, and two keypads, when tapping a number key the respective keypad beeps. The new IRIS is very loud, the Centralite is very soft, YMMV. The volume on both is at max by holding the 2 key

• Both keypads beep during Entry Delay,
  • only the keypad creating the Exit Delay beeps during Exit Delay.
  • I have an unreleased minor local change on my system that beeps all defined keypads in global Settings during Exit Delay from any keypad. I’m planning to release this change.

Please try beeping the non beeping keypad by going into the ST Classic Phoneapp–>My Home–>tap on the “keypad name” -->tap Right Now if necessary–>tap the speaker icon center bottom of the screen. I just tried this, my Centralite beeps, Iris nothing :crazy_face:

Kindly let me know the following:

1. The keypad beeps when a number key is pressed on the respective keypad

2. Both keypads are defined in Global Settings: Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM If not please change and retry.

3. The keypad arming the system in Away/ON mode beeps during Exit Delay. Test both keypads, disarm(Off) between tests. You can disarm during the Exit Delay time period.

4. Do both keypads beep when the system is armed in Away/On mode and any delayed door contact sensor opens

5. There are recent reports of outdated firmware on IRIS devices causing issues. In the IDE please post the keypad brand (IRIS or Centralite) and Firmware version for the keypads. IDE login–>my devices–>tap/click on device name–>scroll down to “Firmware”–>current version. (Target version always shows as current version ST does not update these devices)

The 2, 5 keys on the keypads are hardware controlled. The 8 key may be hardware or software on an Iris system, not sure. With SHM Delay there is no software for the 8 key, and I’m not seeing a transmit in the logs when the 8 key is pressed and held to the second beep.

The keypad beeps when a number key is pressed on the respective keypad ****Yes

Both keypads are defined in Global Settings: Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM If not please change and retry.***Yes

The keypad arming the system in Away/ON mode beeps during Exit Delay. Test both keypads, disarm(Off) between tests. You can disarm during the Exit Delay time period. Yes

Do both keypads beep when the system is armed in Away/On mode and any delayed door contact sensor opens***No

There are recent reports of outdated firmware on IRIS devices causing issues. In the IDE please post the keypad brand (IRIS or Centralite) and Firmware version for the keypads. IDE login–>my devices–>tap/click on device name–>scroll down to “Firmware”–>current version. (Target version always shows as current version ST does not update these devices)# 1 Current Version: 0x10065301 #2 0x11005301 Mismatch!

Anyway to match firmware?

Currently the only known way to update firmware on an Iris Keypad is to pair the keypad with an Iris Hub.

Edit: Is the non beeping keypad during Entry Delay on firmware: 0x10065301?

I just got this setup and it’s awesome! This is really great work!

I just have 2 questions right now.

I don’t get push notifications about the routines that are run, I like to get those. I have the user profile setup as a user, so it’s really switching the SHM mode, which then triggers the routines you have setup, but the push notifications don’t work. Is there a setting to make that work or a way to get a push notification of a mode change?

The second is the Iris keypad now always beeps when I open and close the door I have the delay profile setup on, the sensor used for the primary entry. I want it to beep when it’s armed and needs to be disarmed, but when it’s not armed, it’s just doing a single beep, can that be turned off?

My other question is not as much about this application, but more about has anyone used 2 Iris pads, one indoors and one outdoors? I also want one outside so I can stop hiding keys and let people punch in codes to unlock my door and run routines. It’s in a carport, not sure how long the Iris keypad would last, but it wouldn’t get rained on. Also not sure about security, but people were using it for this and they sell keypad locks people use for triggers. I know it seems weird to have a pad in 2 places, and having one outside means you don’t need all the work done to get the delays to work, but was thinking about a second one.

I guess I have a 3rd app question. Do we think all this is going to get changed or ruined when they force us to switch to the new app? I haven’t gotten the email yet, so I’m still on classic right now.

This is making me want to kill my alarm contract! I’m still a little worried about the cloud part not always working, but with this and recently switching presence to Life360, things are much more stable.

Release Jul 15, 2018 18:00 EDT Minor update to Module SHM Delay

Change Log

• When multiple keypads are defined in global “Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM”, and Away mode is set from a keypad, all keypads will beep. Previously only the keypad setting Away mode would beep.
  • The default for “Allow Multiple Motion Sensors in Delay Profiles” was changed from False to True.
    This should not impact exiting installations and the prior default frustrated users attempting to set multiple motion sensors in a delay profile until they found this setting.

Installation: Please Update from the arnbme SHMDelay Version2 repo*

• SHM Delay V2.1.3 Save, then Publish for me
1 Like

SHM Delay issues push notifications for door contacts that remain open when the system arms, and intrusion alerts from monitored sensors. Mode changes display in the phoneapp’s Notification Log. Custom notification may be accomplished with WebCore.

In the Delay Profile: Beep/Chime these devices when real contact opens… Remove keypad from device selection, Next, then Save profile
All keypads should sound entry tones when any monitored door sensor opens and the system is armed in Away mode. If not, please view this earlier post It could be out of date firmware.

The beep fix work, thanks!

With the SHM notifications, your code is running the routines right? We set the routine to run when the mode changes, and the routine executes, why does the routine push notification not go off? I know I can setup WebCore, just another thing to deal with. I’m being using basic Notify Me app for most things so far and avoided WedCore so far.

Yes, the app’s keypad logic executes the respective routine defined in globals setting the SHM status and mode. The following is sample code for Away
location.helloHome?.execute(globalAway)

I found the ability to send a notification from a routine by tapping the routine’s Advanced Settings -->"automatically perform “routine” when, then scrolling to bottom and setting “Send notifications to”. However, SHM Delay does nothing to inhibit or control this action.

Should the notifications work when the routine is manually executed, but not when executed by SHM Delay, this would be a concen for me and something for ST Support.

Should the notiications fail when the routine is manually executed, try resaving the routine’s data settings. Should saving not correct the problem, it is an issue for ST Support.

Caution: should you delete a ST default named routine. The only way to get it back is to add a new routine with the exact name of the deleted routine, including and exclamation points and quotes!

I just went ahead and installed WebCore and made it all work. The Push Notification inside a Routine is only for when that automatic event happens. So if you set it up for when people arrive home, or a certain time, you get the push notification, if you don’t set anything, but just enable Push Notifications, it seems to do nothing.

WebCore script made it all work

1 Like

I had another question. If I setup a code not as a user but as a routine, does it run the same routine if you enter code and hit off, partial, or on? Anyway to set the routine to run different, so if you enter a code for routine and click off it runs one routine, hit partial, another,and hit off, run another?

I want to give codes to people that just unlock one door and turn off alarm, but don’t turn on all the lights and unlock all the doors. Example, I want a code that just turns off alarm and unlocks my Garage for my landscaper, but leaves all locks on the house locked.

I then want the landscaper to be able to enter the code again and hit “on” and have it lock just the garage again and arm the system.

thoughts?

Yes

Not currently, but could be coded in the User Profile module. It’s a good suggestion. Also logic that allows the user pin to optionally set SHM alarm based on mode entered, also run an optional routine based upon mode, and also run an optional Webcore piston base on mode. At the moment a pin is restricted to a single function, should not be too difficult to change that to a multiple choices.

I understand, you want a zoned alarm system. Until the ST platform stabilizes, I’m not planning any major changes to SHM Delay. Perhaps a custom WebCore piston kicked off by a pin code that has optional date and time restrictions can do what you want…

@arnb
Would it be possible to add an option to arm and disarm by only using the “On” or “Partial” buttons on the Iris keypad, rather than having to enter the PIN?

Additionally, is it possible to disable the key press tones, yet keep the pre-siren beeping that happens when SHM delay is triggered?

Finally, is it possible to automatically silence the keypad beeps in night mode? It’s so loud, and I don’t want to wake the rest of the household, especially the kids, when I need to disable at night for something like taking the puppy out in the middle of the night or going on a late night run to the store.

I can just give my landscaper 2 codes, one for lock and one for unlock, make it run 2 different routines, will accomplish what I want for now. thanks!

No. Hardware requires a pin, AFAIK

No it’s a hardware function AFAIK. Hold 5 key to lower volume, 2 key to raise volume

No

Just successfully tested the logic for unique routines for an indivdiual pin based on alarm mode used. Currently restricting to one routine per execution, but could be multiple. For example: 5555 On runs routine “light on”; 5555 Off: runs “light off” Also have similar code for WebCore pistons.

Also have multifunction pin type logic coded: Sets alarm, runs routines, runs pistons, but needs to be tested

Will rollout to beta repo when ready

Each person in my household has a unique user code How can I get notification (push & SMS) when a particular person uses the keypad? For example, I want to know when my son arms it before leaving the house and when he disarms it upon returning.

That’s perfect and awesome! I’ll test for you when ready.

Webcore pistons with custom alerts should be able to do all of that. They have a good wiki.

When SHM is armed (either Stay or Away) and one of the contact sensors that it monitors is open at the time it’s armed, I get a push notification. That’s helpful, in case I or someone left a door or window open.

However, now that some contact sensors are monitored by the SHM Delay smartapp, rather than SHM, it would be nice if SHM Delay would give me the notification when something is open at the time it’s armed.

I just tested it out by leaving my back door open when the Goodnight routine activated Night mode and SHM mode Armed (Stay). Since the back door is no longer monitored by SHM, and is now monitored by SHM Delay, I didn’t get any notification that the door was left wide open. It wasn’t until I closed the door, then re-opened it that SHM Delay finally started the entry delay beeping.