[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Seems like I got some bad information from the agent like I said I’ll know more on Saturday

IRIS Keypad Installation and testing

Paired and Installed the newly arrived Iris 3405_L into ST. Not exaclty a straight forward process. :face_with_head_bandage: Updated Section 14 of the documentation after this process.

Firmware Version: 0x140B5310
Target Firmware: 0x140B5310
Zigbee ID: 000D6F00xxxxxxxx

The device’s proximity sensor turns on the device for 5 seconds, lighting the IRIS light, network light and a mode key: Off, partial or ON

ST does not appear to update the firmware on Iris Keypads, and it seems to provide erroneous and misleading information regarding the current firmware version for these devices. FWIW a ST support ticket was submitted.

Is there anyone in the community with an Iris hub and Iris V2 Keypad that is able to determine the latest correct version of the firmware?

Testing with SHM Delay

• Added keypad in Global Settings: Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM.

• entered valid pin, PARTIAL: system set into Stay Mode. Keypad lights IRIS, Network, and Partial key, then turns off after 5 seconds

• entered valid pin, ON: Keypad lights network, ON key, IRIS light blinks for 5 seconds then all lights turn off, keypad continues beeping until exit delay expires, and all lights remain off. System enters Away mode. Triggeering proximity sensor turns on IRIS, network and ON for 5 seconds

• entered valid pin, OFF: system set to disarmed. Keypad lights IRIS, Network, and OFF key, turns off after 5 seconds

• held down PANIC key while system was disarmed: system entered armed away mode, then triggered an instrusion alert.

• Set SHM status and mode from non-keypad sources. All modes were properly reflected by the keypad’s lit status key: ON, Partial, Off

• Set global exit delay to 0. Entered pin, then ON. System set to away mode, Keypad lit Iris, network and On, then all lights off in 5 seconds

Comment

The tones on this keypad are so much LOUDER than my Centralite keypad. Almost jumped out of my chair when I first heard the volume of this thing!

Considering purchasing an IRIS HUB strictly for the purpose of updating community Iris keypads. Would anyone be interested in this type of service. I was thinking of charging of $10 plus shipping. I don’t feel there is a big demand for this and simply want to cover my costs.

1 Like

Hi arnb, I installed 5 motions sensors on my setup, I need to add a delay on 2 of them when I open the front door, the delay profile just let me choose 1 motion, how I get delay on the second motion with the front door? Thanks!

1. Remove the motion sensor from the profile (optional)
  2. go to Global Settings–> set “Allow Multiple Motion Sensors…” to On/true
  3. add multiple motion sensors to delay profile
  4. should any motion sensors appear in multiple delay profiles: set globalSetting “Check other delay profiles…” to on true preventing false intrusion alerts

Thanks, I will test it later to see if I configured it correctly.

Hey arnb, is there any chance after creating the virtual buttons for the delay profiles to make them not appear in things tab, like make them hidden? Thanks

Not hideable. Only one virtual contact sensor is required for multiple delay profiles. (Unless reflecting Konnected devices in ST)
Name it something like Z-VirtualContact so it ends up scrolled off at the end of the list…

Ok, I’m confused now, I use Konnected for all my doors, can I still use one virtual button for all my door delay profiles? Thanks

One simulated contact sensor for shm delay.
Plus whatever you need for Konnected, one per device

Is there someone here that I can pay to set this entry & exit delay functionality up on my existing Samsung Smart Things hub/account. I can’t do this but am willing to pay good to have it set up. Help Please??? :grinning:

I’m trying to install the Smartapp using your repository and when I enter the quoted steps I’m getting an error in the IDE “You don’t have access to arnbme/SHMDelay”

Any ideas as to what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks

Suggest contacting ST Support.

All, I resolved my issue with the Iris keypad light staying on after arming On. Unfortunately I had to update the firmware using an Iris Hub. The firmware that was on my devices prior to the update was 10025310 and the firmware that the Iris hub updated the devices to is 11005310.

2 Likes

Thanks Arnb, everything is working fantastic, I just leave one virtual contact.

1 Like

Quick question, i’ve try version 1.* prior with no success, and I’m facing the same issue with version 2, when I’m creating a new Delay Profile, I choose my real contact sensor and my simulated one, and then when I click on “Next” nothing happened… Any idea what’s going on ?

Edit: You must be using the Smarthings Classic phone app not the Smartthings Connect phone app

No, but I will do what I can to help you. Version1 is deprecated, no longer supported. If it was installed, make sure it was totally removed and only Version2 modules are installed in the IDE.

When setting up a Delay Profile, entering a real and virtual contact sensor, then pressing “Next” it should either:

1. Move to the next screen showing delay times and other options
  2. return to the first screen with error messages at the top of the screen

Should you be receiving another result, as you say “nothing”, please log into the IDE, click on Live Logging, then attempt to setup the Delay Profile screen 1, hit next, post a screen shot of any errors in the log and the Delay Profile setup screen.

yes Samsung Classic. nothings is appearing in the log when I press “next” the only thing related to SHM is the following lines (when I start samsung classic) :

11‎:‎31‎:‎40‎ ‎PM: info SHM getInitialData 0.068 (00) incidents:00, locationId:xxxxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx
11‎:‎31‎:‎40‎ ‎PM: debug summaryData: [[icon:indicator-dot-gray, iconColor:#878787, value:Disarmed], [icon:indicator-dot-green, iconColor:#79b821, value:Everything OK, heroInfo:[heroStatus:ok, heroMessage:Everything OK]]] - [[icon:indicator-dot-gray, value:Disarmed, iconColor:#878787], [icon:indicator-dot-green, heroInfo:[heroStatus:ok, heroMessage:Everything OK], value:Everything OK, iconColor:#79b821]]

Hmmm…
Prior to posting my prior message, I successfully retested Page One of the Delay Profile both with and without an error. After this message the code was reviewed, and I don’t see any way for what you descibe to occur. (does not mean it wont).

At this juncture, please uninstall all SHM Delay Modules. Also if you are using a keypad, and had ethayers Lock Manager installed that should also be removed. Now, reinstall SHM Delay Version 2.
Follow the directions at the top of this thread, 6. Installing the Smartapp

The best method to install is via the IDE Github interface

So just learning SHM and trying to understand a few things : I need to create a profile delay for each sensor, right? So for example, my house has 37 window contact sensors and 3 motion sensors. So I would need 40 profile delays and 40 virtual sensors? If I wanted the same delay for ALL sensors, is there any kind of grouping? I feel like maybe I am missing something?

A delay profile is required only for doors (or windows if you so choose :sunglasses:) that are used for entry and exit when arming the system in away mode. The same virtual contact sensor may and should be used on all the delay profiles. This is documented in excruciating detail at the top of this thread.

1 Like