[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Should the simulated contact sensor state change when the real contact sensor change? Mine doesn’t. what should I look for ? Thanks

Hello, I have an iris Keypad. Should I create an simulated keypad? Should I delay my Keypad?

The simulated contact sensor changes to the open state for a few seconds only when an instrustion alert is issued. Otherwise it generally shows as closed.

Both of these questions are something only you can decide. However should you want to use your Iris Keypad with Smart Home Monitor, exit and entry delays make the keypad useable.

1 Like

:rofl:

Arn, should I take the blue pill or the red pill?

“The red pill would free him from the enslaving control of the machine-generated dream world and allow him to escape into the real world, but living the “truth of reality” is harsher and more difficult. On the other hand, the blue pill would lead him back to stay in the comfortable simulated reality of the Matrix.”

1 Like

Not sure why, but the delay this morning was well beyond the time I set. But this evening the time delay was about right. I expected there to be some sort of notification on my phone about the countdown, but I guess it doesn’t. In lieu of that I was hoping I could use the Audio Notifications in the Security section, but that doesn’t activate when door on Simulated opens. I then tried to apply a WebCoRE piston to provide an audio notification on my Sonos speaker, but that seems to mess up the delayed entry procedure.

The delay is great, but we need some indication the alarm is still set to remind us to disarm. What are my options to get this to work?

The app runs in the cloud and when there is a cloud SmartThings slowdown it may take some additional time to execute.

On my system I use a GoControl Siren Chirp, Audio notifications with Lannouncer and BigTalker on a Kindle Fire Hd8, and the Keypad sounds tones during the entry delay. Audio notifications and keypad tones sound during exit delay. Additionally I have a visual display using the Kindle Fire HD8 with ActionTiles. BigTalker should work with the Sonos speakers.

As for countdown, they would be great, and perhaps I will add that with the Simulated Kaypad now in beta. However, anything running in the cloud is subject to both internet delays and system delays so it would have to be a single command that runs on the target device.

Thanks. Does it sound tones every time the door opens or can it somehow be set to only sound when alarm is armed and door opens with delay?

In the delay profile there are two options, so the choice is yours.
Beep these devices on Entry Delay (optional)
Beep these device when door opens and Alarm is Off (optional)

I beep/chirp my siren on entry delay and use BigTalker to announce door opens and closes when the alarm is off.

Beta release updated supporting restrictions of User Pins by Mode and Device (Jun 13, 2018, 16:40EDT)

Modules Changed
SHM Delay (Install and publish)
SHM Delay User (Install, do not publish)

I want to create a simulated keypad. From the IDE -> create a new device, I can’t find Simulated keypads in type.

It’s fully documented in Section 23 using Simulated Keypads at [OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0 - #74 by arnb

All modules must be installed from the Beta repo

Ah yes, I think I was using a similar, but different version of account.smarthings.com as it showed some of my devices/hub, but not what is currently reflected.

I’ve managed to install it now, but unfortunately it seems to not give me a delay for the front door (the one contact sensor I want the entry/exit delay to apply to). I’ve added the real contact sensor of the front door, taken the real one out of SHM I think and added the virtual one in SHM. I’ve added sufficient delays to the entry/exit for the front door and for some reason it alarms straight away when activated.

Also, can I set the full/away alarm with just pressing ‘on’ instead of the PIN + on? I’m using the 3405-L Iris keypad. Ah, I think I’ve worked it out with the keypad, I’ve added the 3400-X keypad manager Smartapp back in. So now the keypad and android app sync in terms of being armed or not.

No sure what I’m doing wrong with the delay though.

I have no idea what may be going on here. However, I suggest going back and following the directions at thetop of this thread, and insure you are using Version2 of the smartapp. It also seems that Global “Total Keypad Control” was not set to On/True if Version2 was installed. SHM Delay Version2 should not be used with other Keypad Controller apps.

Arming/Disarming with an Iris requres a 4 digit pin followed by On (Away), Partial (Stay/Night) or Off (Disarmed)

Jun 15, 2018 10:00 EDT, Version2 updated with current Beta logic. Including

* Simulated Keypad
* User pin restrictions by SHM Mode and/or keypad device
* Version verification

While not a mandatory update, it is suggested remaining current.

New module SHM Delay SimKypd Child and the Internet Keypad DTH are needed only when you want to setup a simulated keypad.

I am have some trouble getting the SmartApp to install on my phone.

I have installed SHMDelay and Published.
I have installed SHM_Delay Child and SHM_Delay ModeFix, but did not publish.

Everything is ok on my phone until I click Save after configuring Globals Settings. Immediately I get a notice that: An unexpected error occurred.

I see the following in the live logging:

Any ideas?

Edit: This issue was corrected on Jun 16, 2018 with a mandatory update to module SHM Delay

Appreciate the error log it really helps.
Please verify
SHM Delay is version Jun 13, 2018 v2.0.9
SHM Delay Child is Jun 03, 2018 v2.0.5
SHM Delay Modefix is Apr 24, 2018 v0.1.4

~~ Should the versions not agree, please update the source.~~
Otherwise until I can figure out what is wrong
In SHM Delay go to line 259 then change
subscribe(location, “alarmSystemStatus”, verify_version)
verify_version()
to
//subscribe(location, “alarmSystemStatus”, verify_version)
//verify_version()
Then Save and Publish For me

Edit Update
Tested the error logic by “throwing an execution error” before the catch statement at line 1022 in v.2.0.9 and it worked as expected.

1 Like

Jun 16, 2018 10:40 EDT, Mandatory update for Version2

• Corrects error when saving SHM Delay

Module SHM Delay Version 2.1.0 – Please Save then Publish For Me. Module updated in Version2 and beta repos.

While updating SHM Delay please insure all other modules are up to date to prevent any issues.

1 Like

That fixed it. Thanks for the prompt response.

1 Like