[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

Hi. I’ve made it through steps 1-7 but I’m hung up on steps 8,9 and 10. I’m not sure I understand what it means to exclude real sensors monitored by this app or where to do that.

I also can’t find my way to Global Settings nor can I find where I need to go to define a Delay Profile.

I would really appreciate it if someone could slow walk me through this. I think I need the SHM Delay Version for dummies :wink: There wouldn’t happen to be a video of setting this up that I could follow along with, is there?

Thanks.

Hi all, I’m having trouble with this part:

“In the ST Phone APP install the SHM_Delay app”

I’ve installed the SHM delay one and published it as requested, then just installed the further 3 ones, but I can’t see the SHM delay app in the Android smartthings app? It seems it’s not properly installed them into my Smartthings. The ‘commit changes’ button only relates to the other Smartapp I have installed (mitchpond : 3400-X Keypad Manager) and wants comments filled out with it?

In the Smart Home Monitor Security settings is where you exclude the sensors.

Get to the app in Automations–>SmartApps, Tap on SHM Delay–> Scroll down to seeing Global Settings. Scroll down you should see “Create a New Delay Profile”

You are free to do a video :grin:

You must log into account.smartthings.com, then install the app as described in documentation
6. Installing the Smartapp
After installing in the phoneapp go to Automation–>Smartapps–scroll down to +Add a Smartapp–>tap it–>scroll to bottom–>tap + My Apps–> Install Shm Delay

I don’t understand this. Commit Changes is used when you are developing a Smartapp or DTH and want to store to your Github repo

1 Like

Forgive me if this has been asked, I tried reading but after skimming over 200 posts I don’t recall seeing if motion sensors can be delayed when away. Looking at the many settings, it appears that motion sensors can only be excluded all together. Is there any way to give a motion sensor a delay or no? Also, I’m not sure if it is intended this way by design, but SHM does not update to armed or partial after setting the keypad to away.

My keypad beeps on the exit delay; however, makes no sound whatsoever during the entry delay like it used to with ULM and SmartAlarm. FYI

That’s where I’m lost. I go to automation and smart apps tab but I do not see SHM Delay.

Make sure the following are set in Global Settings

• Activate total keypad control = On/True
  • In Real Keypads used to arm and disarm SHM → the keypad must be selected

In the Delay Profile
Alarm Entry Delay Time must be something > 0. 30 is suggested

Should that not fix it, verify the DTH matches the suggestion in the documentation Section 14 and copied below
This app was developed and tested with the DTH at miriad/Centralite-Keypad/master, or you may get it at this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/miriad/Centralite-Keypad/master/devicetypes/mitchpond/centralite-keypad.src/centralite-keypad.groovy

You must login at account.smartthings.com, then install the app as described in documentation Section 6. Installing the Smartapp
After installing in the phoneapp go to Automation–>Smartapps–scroll down to +Add a Smartapp–>tap it–>scroll to bottom–>tap + My Apps–> Install Shm Delay

If you followed the instructions in the OP, and the code is installed in the IDE, then in the ST classic mobile app the smartapp will show up under “my apps.”

Are you trying to get this to work with the classic ST app or the newer ST app (aka Samsung connect)?

1 Like

Motion sensors defined in a delay profile are controlled as a group. Should a motion sensor be triggered prior to the Open/Close sensor use the “optional motion sensor entry delay time” on page 2 of the Delay profile.

For SHM to react to the keypad
In Global settings
Scroll down to
Keypad Disarmed/OFF, Keypad/Stay, keypad Night, Keypad Away and insure there are routines set that set both the SHM Status and Mode. Also if you want the keypad to react to SHM changes made from something other than the Keypad, in Global Settings turn on Mode Fix then set the Modefix Profile.

I have SmartThings Classic app.
I already published SHM Delay on SmartThings.com under Smartapps and have installed Delay Child, ModeFix. I even installed Delay User. Still not showing up on my list of apps on the phone automations.

It’s only one of two things AFAIK:

1. Everything with the IDE must be done with the link of account.smartthings.com Using graph.smarthings.com usually places it into the wrong location aka shard, and it will not show in the ST phoneapp under my apps for installation. This is a very common error with new ST users.

2. After installing in the IDE go to to the phone app Automation–>Smartapps–scroll down to +Add a Smartapp–>tap it–>scroll to bottom–>tap + My Apps–> Install Shm Delay–> then SAVE it
    Then go to Automation–>Smartapps and it should show.

Should further assistance with this be required, I suggest contacting ST support.

Ah, that’s it. It was under MyApps. Now I see it.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Ok. So if I am understanding this correctly:
-each contact sensor I want delayed needs an individual delay profile but can use the same simulated sensor
-to include a motion sensor in delays, I need to “ignore” them in a delay profile for a contact sensor?
-a second motion sensor has to be delayed in a second contact sensor profile?

Should you need multiple contact sensors in a delay profile turn on the flag in globals for multiple contact sensors in a profile. The system will prevent a open close sensor from being specified more than one time

Ok. Some of the wording in the app is confusing, but I think Im starting to understand how this works. Thanks for you patience with our questions.

Please let me know via a Private Message what you found confusing and any suggested changes. I understand the scope of this app is rather large and can present some challenges.

Ok. I have the app loaded and I’ve unchecked the real door open/closed sensor in SmartHome Monitoring and checked the Simulated Contact. I’ve set up a profile delay in the SHM Delay App and checked the Door Sensor in the Real Contact Sensor and then checked the Simulated Contact in the Simulated Contact Sensor.
However, when I set the alarm and open the door, nothing happens. No alarm and no delay.
Please give me your thoughts on what to do next.

If there is a previous uncleared intrusion alert, it must be cleared in the Phone App. Has Section 15. Initial Testing using the SmartThings phone app been successfully completed?