[OBSOLETE] SHM Delay Version 2.0

I don’t understand. Please explain what is timing out and when does it occur?

[Beta Release ] Mar 12, 2019 13:00 EDT

Corrections and Updates

• Semi Colon character no longer available on (my) Android 9 number screen, and reported as not being saved on phone numbers. Added phone number delimiters pound sign(#) and period(.) Modules SHM Delay and SHM Delay Child.
    Tagging: @Showard

• Supports optional filtering for how a Delay Profile reacts or not to the real contact sensor opening when SHM arm state is away or stay.
    For example: when set to “away”, and system is arm state is “stay”, then real contact opens, system ignores the open. Default: always react.
    Module SHM Delay Child Tagging @illumatti @Pantheon

• Added ability to log, or not log, debugging messages. Default is no logging. This change reduces system overhead. Modules SHM Delay and SHM Delay Child

Installation module changes
Update module SHM Delay (v2.2.8) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / beta Save, Publish, For Me

Update module SHM Delay Child (v2.1.4) from github arnbme / SHMDelay / beta
Save do not publish.

See documentation section 28 at top of this thread for instructions on how to change the module’s source repo

Post Installation Testing

• Optionally set “When system is armed, react to the real contact sensor opening only when: away or stay.” only if you want to override normal operation, then test.

• Optionally set multiple phone numbers on various phone number fields

• Test, then please post your results

Issues?
Set “Log debugging messages?” to true. Rerun the test, then forward the debug messages in a private message to me.

Thank you! That did the trick! Look for my PayPal donation. Thanks again!

Thanks for the beta update. I was able to enter multiple phone numbers for text messages using the pound sign (#). However a period (.) did not work. For what it’s worth I am using the ST app on my iOS devices.

1 Like

Thank you for testing and posting your results.

By not working do you mean it didn’t save the the period, or it did not properly delimit when processing the phone numbers?

Using Android 9, both characters are properly saved and delimit on the split.

Thanks @wtip this should help some folks, especially with Iris and Centralite Keypads becoming rare as hens teeth.

It did not save the period.

To save everyone’s sanity the period delimiter was removed from the beta modules, leaving the semi-colon for anyone already using it, and the pound sign

Arnb,

Thank you for your help and support. I was able to get the alarm working when enabling from the app. (I was not waiting long enough for the builtin non-keypad exit delay)

The door chime doesn’t work. (Even when system is disarmed). I have an Iris keypad (v2 I believe? Has motion sensor built in, ON, OFF, PARTIAL at the bottom. , using * Current Firmware Version: 0x140B5310, Type: Centralite Keypad, Version: Published

The other issue that I’m running into is that there doesn’t seem to be an entry delay when the SHM is set to “Stay”. When the contact opens it immediately alerts, there is no delay. The REAL contact is not included in the Armed (Stay) Intrusion Sensors, but the Simulated Contact Sensor is.
When the sensor opens and it immediately triggers the alarm, I get a push notification from SMH Delay indicating that that contact “Garage” intrusion detected SHM Delay App. I’m sure its something silly I’m missing but I can’t figure it out. For Arm (away) it works fine, it’s just Arm (Stay) that I’m having trouble with.

The default for Stay is no exit delay, no entry delay. Go into (or add) the ModeFix profile, scroll down, you should find settings allowing you to change the default behavior.

As for the keypad door chime: I have no idea.

Having an issue with entry delay. Siren doesn’t sound immediately and delay logic seems to be working, but piezo buzzers don’t seem to start beeping warning to disarm the alarm until after about 30 seconds, which is when the alarm alerts too (I am also using SHM Delay BuzzerSwitch). Also, the motion detector that should be ignored during entry delay seems to send SHM into an alarm rather than get ignored until after the delay has passed. Any help is appreciated.

Sometimes I also experience delayed siren chirps and other anomalies. The cause is a slow ST Cloud server, or a delayed internet connection, and there is no user solution other than migrating to the Hubitat platform, which is local processing.

There are delay profile settings that attempt to resolve the motion sensor issue. However, slow cloud processing defeats all the coding. Be sure the motion sensor is removed from them Smart Home Monitor device settings. Also if the motion sensor is defined in multiple profiles, you must turn on the overhead creating global setting “I have the same motion sensor in multiple profiles”.

Thanks. I set that global setting you recommend. We’ll see how it goes.

@arnb I’m also having this issue. Just installed today.

Pantheon’s last post asked for the the ability to ignore a profile when the system is armed in Away or Stay.

Please try the latest Beta version and post your results.

Can I contact you directly or PM?

Use a Private Message

Hello -
Is there a way to test a simulated contact that I have set up for SHM Delay ?
Many Thanks -
Steve

BTW - I did the tests in Step 15 with no alarm sounded

Assuming Smarthome is properly setup and is monitoring the simulated sensor, the simulated sensor is closed prior to the testing, and all prior intrusion alerts are cleared from the phone app, then system is armed in away status, simulated sensor is opened, it should create an intrusion alert. The alarm wont sound when a prior intrusion was not cleared, that’s a SmartThing idiosyncrasy.